Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2013, 07:52 PM   #241
OnTheLanai
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Big Mama's January support thread

Can I join in? I have an *almost* 4 month old and have started this past month to try and drop the baby weight. I have about 60lbs to lose til my final goal. Ive been working out 1-3x a week thanks to Hubs who is willing to watch the baby after bedtime. Not ideal to work out late at night, but it works. I just started trying to switch to more a raw foods diet. Its hard to choose a raw fruit or veggie over a cookie! But I am determined to change my eating habits before our LO starts eating solids.

Advertisement

OnTheLanai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:31 PM   #242
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
I agree with Virginia on this one. I make one healthy meal we can all eat. I make it GF so dh can eat it and healthy to fit in my calories. I measure my food and everyone else can eat how much they want. Then if dh is still hungry he can get something else after ds is in bed. Lucky for me my dh is NOT picky in the slightest and he eats whatever.

AFM, I HURT!! Snowshoeing all morning, then cross country skiing in the afternoon. SO FUN!! I burned 1850 calories according to my HRM. I have so many spare calories I could eat anything I want. I want cheese cake so badly!!! But I'd have to get up and bake and I'm to tired.

AMAZING burn! Sucks you are too tired for cheesecake tonight...
BUT
The nice thing about losing weight - you can "bank" those calories for later in the week if you want - the calorie clock doesn't REALLY reset in 24 hours, it's just easier to keep track of calories on a daily basis than a weekly. I say sleep today, eat cheesecake tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:50 PM   #243
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheLanai View Post
Can I join in? I have an *almost* 4 month old and have started this past month to try and drop the baby weight. I have about 60lbs to lose til my final goal. Ive been working out 1-3x a week thanks to Hubs who is willing to watch the baby after bedtime. Not ideal to work out late at night, but it works. I just started trying to switch to more a raw foods diet. Its hard to choose a raw fruit or veggie over a cookie! But I am determined to change my eating habits before our LO starts eating solids.
Sure you can join! I don't think working out at night is necessarily a bad thing. I think it depends on the person. I can't work out at night or I don't sleep well. I know other people that always work out at night because it helps them sleep better. Good luck with the changing of the eating habits. It can be difficult, but it's worth it.

AFM, well, I had Coke and chocolate today and didn't work out. We went grocery shopping and did stuff around the house. As my goal was for 3 days a week exercising, I'm still there (provided I do something tomorrow), but I would like to do more than just the 3 days. And I really need to stop the Coke. This is 3 days in a row I've had some, after a week of nothing, though 2 of those 3 were only half. Oh well. There's always tomorrow.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:03 AM   #244
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Did yoga this morning. I could only manage 15 min. before I could hardly stand because my muscles were shaking. But I think it will help stretch me out in the long run. That's probably the only workout I"m going to manage to get in today. Going to a party at church tonight, it's the fire and ice dinner- which is a chili, corn bread and homemade ice cream cook off. I'm thinking I'll be using up those calories from yesterday today. oh, and of course because I didn't drink enough yesterday. I'm up 2 lbs today. So today is rest and push water day.

Last edited by slimy72; 02-01-2013 at 06:07 AM.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #245
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I totally "cheated" last night. I didn't want to cook chicken (again) so I went to the store with all the kids, and when I got there I realized I didn't have my wallet. So home I went, it was 6pm by that time and we gave up and ordered pizza. I ate 3 pieces of thin crust veggie and it was delicious. I'm a carbaholic. I did ride the exercise for 36 minutes afterward and my weight was the same this morning. Which I admit after all this time not budging is really getting annoying. I'm going to do a test and try eating my Gnc lean shakes for breakfast and lunch, then a normal dinner for 3 days to see if maybe I'm still eating too many calories.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #246
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm doing alright on the water drinking. I'm currently on glass number 7. I'm hoping to fit in another 15-30 min. of yoga before we go to the party at church. But it may not happen since I have to bake corn bread to take with us.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #247
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

That's funny y'all are having a chili thing tonight, Laurel. We're having a chili cook-off/contest thing at our church on Sunday. I'm not making chili, though. I'm actually going to take a beefy vegetable soup. I hadn't thought about it today until we were at Friday lunch and one of the ladies said something about hoping some people bring things other than chili.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #248
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't actually like chili. But one of the guys in our church makes a chili I actually like, and someone always makes a white bean chili. I'm making the 21 ingredient chili off the crockpot 365 blog. I have to make sure to make both chili and corn bread so DH can eat. We don't really trust anyone else's cooking to be gluten free for him, so I'm stuck cooking for anything we go to. I told him he was going to have to skip the homemade ice cream this year because I wasn't willing to make it for him. I did make it last year, but I"m to tired this year.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #249
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Today has been my bum day of the week, I think. Ate junk food this afternoon and didn't do much exercising. I did a little (very little) strength stuff. Tomorrow will be better.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #250
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Did 15 more min. of yoga. Usually Saturday and sunday are my big workout days because I have time in the AM. but I'm so sore I'm not sure I'll be able to do much. We'll see how I feel.