Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #251
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big Mama's January support thread

Laurel, which Yoga video do you do? And is Yoga good for building muscle at all? I'm super weak, and don't want to invest in weights to lift...so I'm looking for something else to do instead. And do you use your HRM and track calories while doing yoga, or does it not raise your HR because it's not cardio? I'm not sure how that works...lol...

Today was spike day, and I took it a little overboard...I had a Redbull and a Medium Non-fat Vanilla Latte from McD for breakfast (went to my cousin's house today all day), and then she treated me to Olive Garden where I had grilled chicken and steak with veggies and half a bowl of GF pasta (that they totally butchered...it was really hard in some places so I gave up...lol), then we went to Starbucks and I had a medium Double Chocolaty Chip Frappichino...then we ate Zucchini lasagna (zucchini instead of noodles) made with full fat ricotta for dinner, and I ate two huge servings of that...then dh insisted on stopping for coffee at McD and I had THEIR Medium Chocolate Chip Frappichino! I've never drank so much coffee, and especially not super-high calorie coffee! Oops!! Oh, and I just ate probably 3-4 servings of honey roasted peanuts. So...I might not lose anything this week! lol

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 06:29 AM   #252
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is actually the first time I've ever done yoga. The athletic trainer at work suggested it because I was so sore, said it would help me stretch out. I have amazon prime, so I just searched instant video downloads that were free with prime and did one of those. I think it was a denise austin video. I have a free pilates one in my watch list too. It certainly does take a lot of muscle, it was hard for me to do! I wore my HRM and I was surprised by how much I burned. I was burning 80 calories in 15 min. So not a huge burn, but it is something. As for the weights. I have little two lb weights I bought at walmart and that's all I normally use in my workouts. Whether I'm doing jillian micheals or walk away the lbs I use those cheapie weights oh and I have a strechy band that came with one of the dvds. But before I bought those i use to use a can of vegis for my weights.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #253
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did a 1 mile walk away the lbs workout. I needed something to keep me moving but I still hurt so bad! DS has a birthday party to go to next door so I need to run to town and find a present and grocery shop. I think I'll try and get the house clean while he's gone. And I think DH is going to try yoga with me tonight. He's got MS and is really wanting to do something to stay in shape, but he falls when he tries to do any kind of cardio. I don't know that he can keep up with yoga but i think at least trying some of the stretches and poses will help him regain some balance. And then of course we're still working on cleaning out the basement. Hopefully soon contractors will start work.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #254
B's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Holy moly!! You know how I said I likely won't lose this week, because of how I ate yesterday??? I was THREE pounds lighter this morning!!! What in the world!? I'll sure take it Spiking never ceases to amaze me!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #255
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
I did a 1 mile walk away the lbs workout. I needed something to keep me moving but I still hurt so bad! DS has a birthday party to go to next door so I need to run to town and find a present and grocery shop. I think I'll try and get the house clean while he's gone. And I think DH is going to try yoga with me tonight. He's got MS and is really wanting to do something to stay in shape, but he falls when he tries to do any kind of cardio. I don't know that he can keep up with yoga but i think at least trying some of the stretches and poses will help him regain some balance. And then of course we're still working on cleaning out the basement. Hopefully soon contractors will start work.
Good luck, FX dh will like it, that would be great motivation for you both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Mommy View Post
Holy moly!! You know how I said I likely won't lose this week, because of how I ate yesterday??? I was THREE pounds lighter this morning!!! What in the world!? I'll sure take it Spiking never ceases to amaze me!
WOOT! Congratulations!!!
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #256
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Finally drug myself to the scale today... 193!!! YES! Finally! It's only a pound, but after a week or more of not seeing any results I'll take it! Moving out of the 190's is feeling a little more like a reality now. That confirms that I've been over eating. I figured what I had been eating for a few days and redid my p90x calculator and found I was over eating what I should have been to drop weight by about 100-200cal. whoops.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #257
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Mommy View Post
I know I never got the same results as you did with spiking, but it did break many stalls for me. I tried to do it a few times over the summer to see if I could break the stall I've been in since last june but it didn't. I think I may have done it wrong. Remind me again about the basics of it. I'm pretty sure it's you who taught me how in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Finally drug myself to the scale today... 193!!! YES! Finally! It's only a pound, but after a week or more of not seeing any results I'll take it! Moving out of the 190's is feeling a little more like a reality now. That confirms that I've been over eating. I figured what I had been eating for a few days and redid my p90x calculator and found I was over eating what I should have been to drop weight by about 100-200cal. whoops.
Congrats! I'm still up 2 lbs. I was down at 153.2 before snowshoeing and now I'm at 155.2! And have been for two days. I'm ready for this to go away now and result in a loss!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #258
B's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When I spike I just eat double my calories that day.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #259
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd love to join in. I just started my weightless journey three weeks ago. Before getting pregnant I gained 30 pounds, then I gained another thirty while pregnant (bringing me to 213 at my highest weight)
Your name Erin
Starting Weight 185
Current Weight 180
Short-Term Goal I'm breastfeeding, so my goals are 1 pound a week
Long-Term Goal weight 125 pounds
Weight Lost to Date 5 pounds
Weight Loss Plan I'm doing weight watchers on my own (actually with my mother)

Last edited by Huxley; 02-03-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Huxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #260
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Virginia- I may have to plan a spike day as these two lbs are STILL with me! Gah! I've eaten "right" i"ve drank water, I've streched daily and nothing is getting them to go away. Maybe I'll plan for it later in the week so I can have that cheese cake I"ve been craving.

Amber- I found this site today and it made me think of you. Her grain free microwavable english muffin looks pretty good, really easy and like something that might help fill a craving. http://scdfoodie.com/

Erin- Welcome!

AFM, DANG THOSE TWO LBS!! I keep thinking I'm going to wake up one morning and bam the two lbs gained from working out so hard and some extra will be gone, but nothing! I'm still up!!! Go away. It's really stressing me out. I know I shouldn't weigh so much but I need to see them go. I did everythign "right" and I gained, what the heck. I'm so frustrated with my body. But I guess I'll keep drinking plenty of water and hoping that it goes away soon!