Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #31
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

Your name: Nicole
Starting Weight: 248
Current Weight: 164.6
Short-Term Goal: 162 by January 12
Long-Term Goal: 148 by May 11
Weight Lost to Date: 83.4
Weight Loss Plan: working out and eating clean

Hi mamas! I barely checked in at all last month bc things were just so crazy. Aside from the holidays we had holiday parties, a wedding, stomach flu come through and DH's grandpa passing so it was a long month w lots of ups and downs.

I'm still on track w weight loss so that's a good thing. I just started getting into crossfit which has been awesome! I'm only a few lbs shy of my short term goal but seeing as AF is due any day and I'm eating everything in sight bc of it, idk if I'll make it!

I haven't read through all the posts yet, but I hope everyone is off to a great start this new year

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 06:01 AM   #32
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big Mama's January support thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermansmomma View Post
I usually half the recipe, but tonight I'm making the whole thing, do you freeze before they cook or after?
Candy in evil I told DH that he better take it work so it's not around the house. I didn't buy Christmas candy this year because I knew I wanted to eat healthy starting the first. My mom gave the kids a bunch in their stockings

I do the initial saute on the "steaks" then dump them and all the sauce ingredients in the bag before simmering. Then to use, just thaw, and pick up with the simmering.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #33
supermansmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72

I do the initial saute on the "steaks" then dump them and all the sauce ingredients in the bag before simmering. Then to use, just thaw, and pick up with the simmering.
Thanks, I needed up cooking all I them and then freezing half. Hope they defrost ok

Old 01-04-2013, 08:28 AM   #34
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They should be fine.

So I posted this over on MFP but I thought I'd share with you ladies too. My boy said the cutest thing last night. I was telling hubby that I HAD to quit eating so much sugar. Little guy jumps in and says, mom you need a chart and a reward. You put a check if you don't eat sugar, you get an X if you do. When you get 10 Xs, Dad and I will take you out to dinner. Where do you want to go? So cute, so we decided on Applebees, since they have a WW menu and a decent GF menu. Gotta love a little guy who's trying to keep you on track. Then this morning he reminded me to make my chart today at work.

So, guess who's making a chart today? And while I'm at it I'm going to make one for me to track workouts too. I need to start again and soon!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #35
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

That's cool Laurel. Honestly, I have thought about a chart for myself, but I can't ever decide on a reward.

So, I have had no soda since Monday and I am really wanting one today. I have had lots of water, so herbal teas, and as I thought I would, I have already dropped a couple lbs of water weight. That's good. I haven't done well with exercising this week, though. I have been thinking about changing my routine. I really liked doing yoga, but feel the need for some cardio, so I am thinking about alternating the elliptical with yoga.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #36
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We do charts with him a lot. And he LOVES to eat out. So often the reward is a trip to chick fil a or something for him, so of course that's what he thought of as a reward for me.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #37
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

If you don't usually eat out, it's a great reward, I think. We budget to go out once a pay period anyway, though, so it just wouldn't really work for me. And anything that's fairly inexpensive, I just buy it. lol Charts have worked great at times for my kids, but I just can't seem to get it to work for myself.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #38
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We do go out to eat, but not a ton, and it's mostly limited because of DH's celiacs more than anything. Although little guy and I do have date nights out when dad works late and we can go anywhere so that is really fun for us too. I don't know why but DS LOVES to eat out so anyway he can manage to get us to go out more he will.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #39
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Hey! Where did everybody go?

Well, I cheated and had a Coke today. We went out with a few other families after church for some Mexican food (delicious) and I drank a cup of Coke. With lots of ice, so it really wasn't that much, but still. I have been thinking about my workouts, though, and I think I'm going to take a break from the elliptical. It's too cold in the mornings to work out in the sunroom, and by the time it warms up in there (even with a heater going), it messes up the rest of my daily routine. So, I'm going to do zumba at least 3 days a week and try to do yoga as well. When it gets warmer, I'll go back to the elliptical.

So, as of tomorrow, doing zumba, no Coke, and I'm really cracking down on the refined sugar thing.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #40
supermansmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor
Hey! Where did everybody go?

Well, I cheated and had a Coke today. We went out with a few other families after church for some Mexican food (delicious) and I drank a cup of Coke. With lots of ice, so it really wasn't that much, but still. I have been thinking about my workouts, though, and I think I'm going to take a break from the elliptical. It's too cold in the mornings to work out in the sunroom, and by the time it warms up in there (even with a heater going), it messes up the rest of my daily routine. So, I'm going to do zumba at least 3 days a week and try to do yoga as well. When it gets warmer, I'll go back to the elliptical.

So, as of tomorrow, doing zumba, no Coke, and I'm really cracking down on the refined sugar thing.

I've been doing ok, I made 2 loaves bread on Friday, and it's almost gone. I've eaten a big portion of that I still kept track of what I ate though.
I've gotta start to work out. DH set up a area in the garage, so we can work out. I have the same problem with cold elliptical workouts though.