Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #51
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big Mama's January support thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
It's a good thing no one can see me doing zumba (except for my kids). I'm sure I look utterly ridiculous doing it.
I've always wanted to try Zumba, but I have no rythm and am not very coordinated so I'm intimidated to do it in public. But something at home would be alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrossTheUniverse View Post
Hey everyone! Congrats on all the losses ladies!

I've been sick with a cold/sore throat and then I woke up this morning with pink eye. I think I may have strep throat because it has been 4 days and I don't feel better at all, plus it hurts really bad to swallow at all. I'm probably going to go to urgent care tonight when DH gets home because I really need to start getting well so I can get back to exercise!

I've been eating healthy still, and actually not very much since my throat hurts too bad. I'm down to 219lbs, a 3lb loss since mid-December (not bad since I did have a slight holiday gain during that time).

Not much else going on. Hope everyone is well! Will check in again soon.

Your name: Heather
Starting Weight: 296lbs (February 2012)
Current Weight: 219lbs (January 2013)
Short-Term Goal: 215lbs by February 2013
Long-Term Goal: 190lbs by August 2013
Weight Lost to Date: 77lbs
Weight Loss Plan: MFP, Paleo, Exercise (Elliptical, 30 day shred)
Poor thing. That doesn't sound very fun.

AFM, not bad this weekend. Yesterday I was down to 153.8! I was so happy, but my rule is three days in a row to log it, and this morning I was back to 154.4 so no logging a loss yet. But I think it's coming. I had ham in my skinny taste baked spud soup last night so the sodium coupled with not much water probably did me in. Still need to figure out what we're going to have for dinner tonight. I'm debating between lightened up Zuppa Tuscona (homemade of course), homemade pizza (probably not a good idea but have all the stuff that needs to get used, or chicken enchilladas. Having a really hard time deciding. Guess we'll see what I get to.

Advertisement

slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #52
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
It's a good thing no one can see me doing zumba (except for my kids). I'm sure I look utterly ridiculous doing it.
LOL!! DH laughs at me when I do my Wii Dance.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #53
Dawndelion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope its okay if I join you ladies.

Your name: Dawn
Starting Weight: 246.9
Current Weight: ? Thursday is weigh in day
Short-Term Goal:
Long-Term Goal: 141
Weight Lost to Date: ?
Weight Loss Plan: Weight Watchers

I have pretty much struggled with my weight since puberty, when I was about 10. I was up and down during high school, and then just up during college. I got married right after graduation, and I was 155 then. I did Jenny Craig, and it worked for awhile, but was expensive. I did South Beach, and again it worked for awhile, but I love me some carbs!

I am a SAHM to three kids. I now weight 20lbs more than I did the day I delivered my youngest.

My last big gain has been because I have been dealing with Plantar Fasciitis in my feet for several months and haven't been walking like I usually do. I am now on medication and stretching exercises for that, and I hope to be able to start again next week.

I joined Weight Watchers on Thursday. So far I've been good about keeping track of stuff. I haven't noticed too much difference between that and SparkPeople tracking which I have also done before. But I'm hoping the weekly weigh ins on a good scale, and the fact that I am paying for it, will help motivate me.

My DH is really supportive. He's never commented on my weight or made me feel bad about it, but he's always supportive of any weight loss thing I try.

I am currently on medication for hypothyroid and insulin resistance (plus an anti-depressant which was one of the best things I ever did and a antibiotic for my horrible skin).

That's me in a nutshell.

One tip I do have: A few months ago I discovered Eco Drinks. If you aren't familiar, its a multivitamin in a powder form that you mix with 16 oz of water. I love it because I get my multivitamin and my fluids in one shot, and I'm not big on plain water and these are flavored (I have orange and berry).
Dawndelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #54
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Welcome Dawn!!

Name: Stephanie
Starting weight: 211.5
Current weight: 191 (down 2.5 from last week)
Weight loss to date: 20.5 lbs
Plan: weight watchers

This week was good, could have done better but still lost 2.5. Next week I hope to be into the 180s. (where I wanted to be in november but all the holidays and parties got in the way!). New year and refreshed focus.

Tonight I am making chicken tacos for dinner and tomorrow chicken soup. We head down to New York City on Friday for the weekend to visit friends and I have a baby shower to go to. That will be hard because we will be eating out and getting yummy bagels in the morning.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #55
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Welcome Dawn!

Yesterday went pretty well. I was under calories and I kinda worked out. I managed to do a little over a third of a 30DS workout. But it was just to hard. So I"m going to try and start slow this week doing something active all week, and then maybe starting 30DS next week if I'm ready. I just feel like I need to have a little more endurance than I currently have to make it through. Not sure why I'm up a lb this morning, but in fairness I did weigh in after working out this AM (I did a short 20 min walk away the lbs dvd workout) and I had drank some water and OJ. So we'll see where I'm at tommorrow first thing.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #56
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

After 2 weeks of DH being home, my sleep schedule is so off, and I have struggled to get out of bed at my usual time the last couple of days. So, I have to work on getting back on a schedule. I didn't do zumba this morning, but maybe I'll get to it this afternoon. Focusing this week on cutting back on some carbs, as well. I did my kefir smoothies the last couple of days and I already feel better. I need to do some research, though, and find some more protein ideas that don't involve red meat or dairy.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #57
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

protien without meat or dairy for me is hard boiled eggs, nuts, and hummus. Those are my go to's.

So far so good today. Going to have a snack now and then hope I can make it until dinner. It's really hard for me since I eat breakfast at around 7 am and then my lunch at work is at 10:45. But then I have to go from 11am to 5 or 6 pm with only one snack and that's where I get into trouble. I have a very hard time making it that long. But I also don't have time to eat from 11-3 so then at 3-4 I have a snack and then I end up grazing until dinner time because I'm still starving. I really need to find a way to fix my schedual so I eat enough that I don't crave food every day starting at 4 pm.

Last edited by slimy72; 01-08-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #58
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Today I did pretty good.

Went for a long shopping/walking trip while DH's car was getting an oil change. Had Italian wedding soup at whole foods for lunch and just made chicken tacos with cucumbers and low fat wrap.

I am out of points so better just chug water the rest of the night.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #59
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Laurel, could you make lunch more filling?

We are having grilled chicken, cheesy potatoes, carrots, and sweet potatoes for dinner tonight. I didn't really eat lunch, but I wasn't hungry. Not often I'm not hungry, but it was probably because I've been baking. For some reason, I tend to not get hungry when I bake. I did a batch of chocolate banana bread (2 mini loaves), applesauce bread (2 mini loaves), pumpkin bread (4 mini loaves -- 2 with chocolate chips). I'm getting ready to go do some lunchbox apple pies now that I can get back in the kitchen to clean up a bit and do the crust. DH was in there getting the chicken ready, and there's not really enough room in our kitchen for 2 people to be working. One of these days I will have a large kitchen with lots of counter space.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #60
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor
Laurel, could you make lunch more filling?

We are having grilled chicken, cheesy potatoes, carrots, and sweet potatoes for dinner tonight. I didn't really eat lunch, but I wasn't hungry. Not often I'm not hungry, but it was probably because I've been baking. For some reason, I tend to not get hungry when I bake. I did a batch of chocolate banana bread (2 mini loaves), applesauce bread (2 mini loaves), pumpkin bread (4 mini loaves -- 2 with chocolate chips). I'm getting ready to go do some lunchbox apple pies now that I can get back in the kitchen to clean up a bit and do the crust. DH was in there getting the chicken ready, and there's not really enough room in our kitchen for 2 people to be working. One of these days I will have a large kitchen with lots of counter space.
That all sounds amazing!!! How do you bake like that and not eat it all?? I feel bad for DH and DD1 because I won't make any treats when I am dieting. I can buy them snack stuff or ice cream but warm cookies or brownies, I would eat like 5!