Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #61
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Big Mama's January support thread

My downfall is chocolate. I bought 3 bags of chocolate chips to bake with and ate 2 1/2 of those bags. lol. Once they are baked into something, I can leave them alone.

Advertisement

tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #62
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

Hi mamas!

Rough week has resulted in lots of emotional eating- sugary crap, sodas, more sugary crap, combine that w very little sleep and I'm a hot mess! I jumped on the scale on Sunday and was up 5lbs!? I'm hoping it's water retention from AF but that still hasn't arrived yet and I'm getting nervous about it. I kinda wanna just pull my hair out right now

I also REALLY wanna go paleo but I'm hesitant bc I'm afraid I won't be as committed as I think I'll be. Giving up yummy things is hard!! LOL Anyone else paleo that can give me some encouragement?

As of last week, I'm only 16.6lbs from goal weight- so close, but yet so far!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #63
Dawndelion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the welcome, Mamas. Today is my first weigh in day. I'm nervous about it, I started AF yesterday so that's not helping.

Congrats on being 16.6lbs from goal weight! That is great.
Dawndelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #64
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmommyx2 View Post
Hi mamas!

Rough week has resulted in lots of emotional eating- sugary crap, sodas, more sugary crap, combine that w very little sleep and I'm a hot mess! I jumped on the scale on Sunday and was up 5lbs!? I'm hoping it's water retention from AF but that still hasn't arrived yet and I'm getting nervous about it. I kinda wanna just pull my hair out right now

I also REALLY wanna go paleo but I'm hesitant bc I'm afraid I won't be as committed as I think I'll be. Giving up yummy things is hard!! LOL Anyone else paleo that can give me some encouragement?

As of last week, I'm only 16.6lbs from goal weight- so close, but yet so far!

We all have those times. Amber is Paleo and her food usually sounds really yummy to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawndelion View Post
Thanks for the welcome, Mamas. Today is my first weigh in day. I'm nervous about it, I started AF yesterday so that's not helping.

Congrats on being 16.6lbs from goal weight! That is great.
Don't panic if you are up weight. The first half of AF I gain anywhere from 1-5 lbs. And then as quick as it came it's gone again.

AFM, last night dh took me out for my birthday. I really enjoyed my meal, but between the prime rib and the cheesecake (and the bread with honey butter, and the sweet potato doused in cinnamon butter) I'm up a lb today. Not a huge shock. But I'm back at trying to get it down.
I did work out this morning. I find that if I work out in the morning I do at least get it done (in the afternoon it's a crap shoot as to whether or not I'll have the energy). But by the time I drag my sorry behind out of bed I only have 20 min so I'm only doing a short workout. Right now I'm doing the walk away the lbs 1 mile routine because it's 20 min. and doesn't hurt me like 30 DS does. I'm trying to ease back into working out 5 days a week so I don't hurt myself. And I'm sore. It seems like such an easy work out, but I'm still sore. I did take yesterday off, and I'll take Sunday off, but I'm trying really hard to stick with it again. I managed to loose 30 lbs last year from Jan. to June. Then I got lazy, but at least maintained from July to now. So now I'm feeling like Jan. is my golden time and it's back at it big time. I can do this! I have got to get these last 20 lbs off. Although once I get 5-10 more off, I'll re-evaluate and see if I really still need that last 10 or not. It's been so long since I've been down this low, that I'm not sure where exactly I should be.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #65
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

I cracked and had a coke last night. And M&M's, though I haven't swore off of those, just trying to cut back on the refined sugars. But, having a smoothie for breakfast this morning, and I will hopefully stay on track today. After sleeping terribly the last couple of nights, though, going out for lunch is sounding really nice. I really haven't worked out at all this week. I need to get back in the habit of it.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #66
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I love eating plain chocolate chips. I so could not have thoae in the house! I ate way too much last night and still, somehow, lost some! I was at 133.7 this AM!
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #67
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

I have been so incredibly hungry the last couple of days. I'm assuming it's somehow tied to cutting out the soda and cutting back on the refined sugar, as well as the fact I haven't slept well, but it's driving me crazy!! Especially as I don't normally do a lot of snacking, so I don't have a lot of snacky stuff in the house.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #68
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's me, I'm hungry but I"m pretty sure it's because I'm not sleeping well.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #69
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor
I have been so incredibly hungry the last couple of days. I'm assuming it's somehow tied to cutting out the soda and cutting back on the refined sugar, as well as the fact I haven't slept well, but it's driving me crazy!! Especially as I don't normally do a lot of snacking, so I don't have a lot of snacky stuff in the house.
Same here! I've been starving during the day which is not normal for me. I'm not a snacker either so I've just been doing protein smoothies to help fill me up more. I too have been sleeping terribly. DS2 is switching his sleep and nap schedule on me and it's been rough!

Old 01-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #70
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Hey ladies!!! I got a big surprise yesterday, a BFP! I had an early loss last September so I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is a sticky bean. DH and I had decided to NTNP around Christmas since my thyroid has stabilized and I had reached my goal of 220lbs (I had said I definitely did not want to get pregnant until I was at least 220lbs or less). I am very excited and looking forward to my first "healthy" pregnancy. I plan to stick to Paleo eating and exercise at least 4x a week. I hope to not gain a ton but I know a bit is expected. Overall very excited!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote