Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #81
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

Welcome back Virginia! I've thought about you often and prayed for you. I'm happy to see you back here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrossTheUniverse
Hey ladies!!! I got a big surprise yesterday, a BFP! I had an early loss last September so I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is a sticky bean. DH and I had decided to NTNP around Christmas since my thyroid has stabilized and I had reached my goal of 220lbs (I had said I definitely did not want to get pregnant until I was at least 220lbs or less). I am very excited and looking forward to my first "healthy" pregnancy. I plan to stick to Paleo eating and exercise at least 4x a week. I hope to not gain a ton but I know a bit is expected. Overall very excited!
That is such great news! I will be praying for a sticky! Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #82
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

[QUOTE="AmberP"]

Loads of yummy paleo things! I am having problems because of my morning sickness, but I am starting to get back on track. We also (before I got pg) had a cheat day once ever two or three weeks where we would have something we weren't supposed to-- ususally still grain free, but every once in a while, I went for a donut LOL

Check out:
http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/
http://paleomg.com/
http://paleoparents.com/
http://nomnompaleo.com/

Thanks for those sites!! Very helpful! I think I'm going to start Friday when I go to the grocery again. That way I can look up a bunch of recipes and then get everything I need. I'm gonna just dive in and hopefully I stick to it, but like you, I think I'll allow myself a cheat every once in a while

Old 01-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #83
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big Mama's January support thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
I have done nothing but body weight exercises. -- This is where I started. I made it to girly pushups, but took a huge break and I could only do like one girl pushup when I came back, so I've been doing wall pushups.
a
I cannot handle push-ups at all. I injured my wrist as a teen and any pressure on it causes pain. I forgot to mention I have been doing some body-weight stuff for the abs & legs but I'm not sure if I should continue those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmommyx2 View Post

Thanks for those sites!! Very helpful! I think I'm going to start Friday when I go to the grocery again. That way I can look up a bunch of recipes and then get everything I need. I'm gonna just dive in and hopefully I stick to it, but like you, I think I'll allow myself a cheat every once in a while

Those websites are pretty good! I got a lot of inspiration from them when I first started. I have a "Paleo" board on pinterist if you are interested. All of the recipes are either inherently Paleo or can be easily made Paleo. Here is the link: http://pinterest.com/hallensd/paleo-ish/ I would suggest making a weekly meal plan, grocery shopping and then sticking to it for the week. When the week is over you will know which recipes you liked and didn't and can keep those for the next week and add some new ones in to replace the ones you didn't like, until eventually you have enough recipes to give you a nice rotation. This is what I did when we first went Paleo. I have found that I don't like any foods that imitate (like paleo pancakes), so I have saved a lot by not having to buy special flours (like almond/coconut). I also do make GF grains with dinner to add carbs for the kids (like quinoa & rice).

ETA: When I first started I didn't cheat at all but I haven't been so good about it lately due to the holidays (and now being pregnant and craving bad stuff!). But I think having a designated cheat day is a great idea.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*

Last edited by AcrossTheUniverse; 01-12-2013 at 02:38 PM.
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #84
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I saw this today and can't wait to try it. I have some cranberry s in my fridge that I"m needing to use so I'm trying to figure out what else I have on hand that could go with it. Anyway, I thought those of us who don't care for water but are trying to avoid other stuff could enjoy. Of course, I'm also addicted to carbonation so for my birthday DH is working on building me a home carborator (like a soda stream- but using his CO2 tanks that he fills for welding - $15 for the whole 5foot tall tank. ) According to the website we found when you use a welding cyclendar instead of soda stream brand it's only 2 cents a 2 liter bottle to carbonate stuff. So I'm going to try carbonating my fruit water.
Almost forgot the link:
http://www.theyummylife.com/Flavored_Water
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #85
Momo3angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like you are doing awesome!
Momo3angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #86
becca jean
Registered Users

I need to get my eating under control. I am an emotional over eater. I eat all the time it seems like. I feel like I eat more when I'm home by myself. I polished off a gallon of ice cream in 24 hours. I don't think about it while I'm eating it but afterwards I regret it. I've been trying to eat in more often. I eat a meat and a veggie for most dinners. Every now and then I do a boxed item. I graze all the time. I don't know that I'm looking for tips or advice. I guess I just need to get this off my chest. I just feel like a hopeless lost cause.....UGH!!
Old 01-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #87
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca jean View Post
I need to get my eating under control. I am an emotional over eater. I eat all the time it seems like. I feel like I eat more when I'm home by myself. I polished off a gallon of ice cream in 24 hours. I don't think about it while I'm eating it but afterwards I regret it. I've been trying to eat in more often. I eat a meat and a veggie for most dinners. Every now and then I do a boxed item. I graze all the time. I don't know that I'm looking for tips or advice. I guess I just need to get this off my chest. I just feel like a hopeless lost cause.....UGH!!
If you don't already, put all food in/on an appropriately sized dish. Drink more water. Find a hobby, if you need to. Oh, and write down everything you eat.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #88
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca jean View Post
If you like to graze/snack, that can be alright as long as the stuff you are eating is healthy. Maybe try to have healthy snacks on hand so when you feel the need you can grab something like hummus w/ cut up veggies, or trail mix, or fruit salad, etc... This is actually what I do, at the beginning of the week I cut everything up and put it into containers in the fridge so I can just grab as needed. If I was having an issue with portion control I would even pre-package it by serving size (like hummus and veggies in a container together that is the appropriate serving for a snack). Also, if you have a sweet tooth you can try to find sweet alternatives. When I first started I bought fiber one bars and brownies and used those to curb my sweet tooth since they have a lot less fat/calories than their traditional counterparts.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #89
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Becca Jean- I only buy one pint of ice cream-- or make sorbet. That way, I can't possibly eat a half-gallon LOL I agree with keeping healthy snacks on hand. I know that if I don't have junk, I can't possibly eat it without leaving the house and I am inherently lazy about taking the kids out with me. Some ideas for healthier snacks are homemade muffins w/ the sugar cut down, nuts, fruit, veggie trays (for a while I kept one in the fridge w/ the dip and just ate it). I also like deli-meat and cream cheese roll ups (light cream cheese if you are going that way).

Slimy- I like Cucumber, Lime and Lemon water. This place that I used to eat when I was in school in central CA had a cooler with it and I loved going there for the water almost as much as the food.

AFM- I just got on the scale to see how much I've gained since my last doctor's appointment 4 weeks ago. I was terrified. turns out, I haven't gained a single pound despite all of the crap I have been eating. o_O
Old 01-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #90
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh man, the nausea has begun. I am taking this as a good sign, but I am only 4w2d and I don't remember it starting this early with my others. Hoping I can survive the wild ride that is the first trimester!

Amber- I've been weighing myself every day and I haven't budged above 219 despite eating A LOT and some not so good stuff for the past 4 days. I would have normally seen an increase of a lb or two at the very least but I guess my body really does need the calories. Trying to make healthier choices starting today (easier when DH isn't home because he likes to buy bad stuff...like donuts!) and so far so good, but my nausea is helping since I don't really want to eat much for fear of it coming right back up.