Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #11
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Happy Homemakers -- January 2013

Hey! I am Alyssa, SAHM, home schooling mom to three littles that are 7, 5 and 3.

MY house is never gross, but rarely fully clean. I am one of those people that LOVE to deep clean, but that day to day stuff piles up because I hate it. (laundry, dishes, etc.) I also feel like I am cleaning up rooms multiple times a day, and my kids are pretty good about cleaning (when I ask) We normally have 2-3 rooms at any time clean, and 4-5 a mess! (right now, my room is filled with piles of dirty and clean laundry, new sewing stuff with no where to store any of it, and just one desk that holds our sewing machine, computer, and printer...and it drives me nuts!!! Going to have to figure something out.

I would love to maybe do a daily challenge, but also a deep clean challenge with purging (dude, love that stuff...My poor husband always complains I throw too much stuff away!) One would think with the amount I purge we would have a perfect, clean home...I am just really bad with keeping up on the day to day.

Advertisement

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #12
*~Melissa~*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi! I'm Melissa. I am currently on maternity leave til Feb 4th, but after that I will be a WOHM. I will be working 2 12hour shifts per week and I am also a WAHM and make headbands.

My entire house is the problem area. I am a total slob looking to change my ways!

i have this great app on my iPod, but i've never even used it. http://www.homeroutines.com/
Reesie's Ribbons and Blooms -hair accessories for your princess!
*~Melissa~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #13
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
A daily challenge is a great idea!

This week I'm going to focus on maintenance cleaning (laundry, dishes, etc) and also spending 15 minutes every day decluttering. Once I'm decluttered then I can really deep clean.

Since I loosely follow Flylady, this week is focusing on the entryway for me. We have a half wall into the kitchen right as you walk into our apartment and it accumulates so much junk! If I'm feeling brave I think I'll post before and after.. eek!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #14
mkrisel
Registered Users

I am a WOHM. I'm returning to worm Thursday. We have a 2 month old and an almost 3 year old. Clutter is our biggest problem. I need a checklist!!! I need to actually print a checklist. My mental one is failing me!!"
mkrisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #15
tink90
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oooohhhh, count me in!

I'm a SAHM to 3 kiddos (7, 5, and almost 3 months). I homeschool. I also make hair flowers with my "extra time" (lol)

I DESPISE doing dishes. Even worse, once they are clean, I hate putting them away and I'll just use the clean ones out of the dishwasher or off the counter (washed). I also don't have a w/d so I wash all out clothed by hand and never feel like I am "caught up".....*sigh*
tink90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #16
happyhats
Registered Users
seller

Im a sahm mom to two little ones, a 4 yr old dd and a 2 yr old ds. My hubby works over 50 hours a week, so its often just me running the home. The house is actually pretty neat and tidy, and I dont have the usual issues. Honestly my biggest problem area is cooking. I dont like it, Im not good at it, and I dont do it as often as I should. I also want to make more time for doing preschool work with dd, and try to carve out more quality time with dh.
happyhats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #17
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhats View Post
Im a sahm mom to two little ones, a 4 yr old dd and a 2 yr old ds. My hubby works over 50 hours a week, so its often just me running the home. The house is actually pretty neat and tidy, and I dont have the usual issues. Honestly my biggest problem area is cooking. I dont like it, Im not good at it, and I dont do it as often as I should. I also want to make more time for doing preschool work with dd, and try to carve out more quality time with dh.
I have this problem too. I eat just.. really nasty junk because I hate cooking and I am almost always home alone for dinner.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #18
blackbirdmama*3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I want to join. I am Melissa and I WOH 40 hours a week, I am gone from home from 7:15 am to 5:45 pm M-F. My dh is also out of the home from 6:30 am to 3:45 pm M-F. I struggle with my whole house! I think that a huge declutter would help tremendously but dh likes to hang on to things. My house isn't dirty but definitely gets messy. I also have some family who I love dearly but love to bargain shop and drop off their finds at our home. I would love a daily/weekly list to follow as well as a declutter calendar or something. I've got our home to where I wanted it before but it never stays how I like. Hoping this thread will be some motivation for me!

ETA: I am also a full-time student starting classes back up Jan 17th, so most of the time I do a couple hours of homework after the kids are in bed. DH is great about helping but I think we are just alike and neither one of us is a particulary neat person...
Old 01-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #19
blackbirdmama*3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhats View Post
I love to cook and meal plan! I just started out with super easy recipes and worked my way to cooking most things from scratch now. What is it about cooking you don't like?
Old 01-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #20
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Here's my before and after half wall that is a huge problem area for us. Don't judge me!

DH's wallet has to go right there or else he'll leave it any old random place never to be found again, same for my sunglasses, and the box cutters we must remember to take back to my in-laws.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20130101_191255.jpg (7.4 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20130101_191304.jpg (7.7 KB, 81 views)