Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #21
mommagruber
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Happy Homemakers -- January 2013

I am a SAHM to 5 children, 13,12,10,8,2 and my niece 15 lives with us right now. I homeschool our 5 kiddos and niece goes to public highschool.

Consistency is my BIG problem! We may do great for 1 day, or even for 3 weeks, but if I have a down day and things get behind....look out! I just need consistency! Or a live in maid!

Advertisement

www.hyenacart.com/littlebitbusy
mommagruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #22
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Good job Emma - you've already taken that first step!

I definitely want to join. I'm currently on mat leave. I have three LOs (6, 3 and 7 months) and two home with me every day. I keep things tidy and clean for the most part, but it's a surface clean. The floors are vacuumed and steamed every 2-3 days, kitchen cleaned daily and bathrooms cleaned at least once a week. But I HATE dusting, clutter sometimes builds up and my biggest problem - putting away laundry. We live out of baskets.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #23
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi I'm Carolyn, a SAHM to my kids ages 5, 3 and 7 months. I also homeschool my 5 year old. We live in a cramped 2 bedroom townhouse, so things get mess and pile up super fast. I love to have things clean, but they seem to get messy so, so fast that I find it depressing. I'm trying to figure out a good way to get and keep my house clean. I'm also trying to get rid of as much stuff as I can.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #24
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

QOTW: Introduce yourself! Are you a stay at home parent, working at home, working out of the home? What is your biggest cleaning 'problem area'?

Hi! I'm Kristen, SAHM to two boys (2 & 3), and another son due in March. Biggest cleaning problem area is wherever my guys are, lol. And I'm still unpacking the garage from our move. I am just now creating an operating rhythm for myself, and I'm very optimistic about it. I usually have a hard time when there is an infant in the house. We will see how this spring goes.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #25
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm Celeste, a sahm to 3 kiddos - almost 6,3, & 2. My problem is letting things pile up...mostly papers and junk on the kitchen counters & not folding laundry quickly/often enough. I need to make a weekly/biweekly/monthly schedule for cleaning. I also need to make weekly menus so my grocery shopping can be more focused and I don't impulse buy so much.

Last year, my one resolution was to make the beds every day. I didn't quite do it EVERY day, but certainly more often than before. That one little chore makes such a huge difference, so I am going to keep up with that one.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #26
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

QOTW: Introduce yourself! Are you a stay at home parent, working at home, working out of the home? What is your biggest cleaning 'problem area'?

I'm Andrea. WOHM full time M-F days... Hubby has same schedule. DD is in kindergarten. DS goes to daycare. DS2 is due in a few months. Our problem areas are the "dumping grounds"... the island, the pooltable (downstairs where we come in), and the half of the kitchen table that we don't eat at.

Bonus question: Do you use any resources to help you stay on task? For example, flylady's website? Link them here and I'll keep a resource list for us.

I did FlyLady for the month of June this past year to get my house SO ready for out of state company, it looked GREAT and I felt great about it... but then I got pregnant... and SO sleepy and sick... that it's back to what it was... gross. The cat hair is one thing I just can NOT keep on top of. I still get the FL emails once a day... just need to get back on track with it.

This past weekend I cleaned the whole shower and today I bleached the heck out of all the tub toys and the shower curtain and cleaned both humidfiers. I also took a bag and picked up just plain garbage from around the basement... just random pieces of paper the kids leave behind during our daily routines.

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #27
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hi! I'm Holly, mostly stay at home to DD, who is a little over a year old. I work 5-10 hours a week, super flexible. (In so far as, DH or I can go in, we cover 18 hours a week, with DH often doing 10 hours and me doing 8.) My biggest problem area is probably the bathroom. I hate to clean the tub. I don't mind the toilet and sink or cleaning the floor, but I hate cleaning the tub with a burning fiery passion.

ETA - I also loosely follow flylady.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #28
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post

Hi! I'm Holly, mostly stay at home to DD, who is a little over a year old. I work 5-10 hours a week, super flexible. (In so far as, DH or I can go in, we cover 18 hours a week, with DH often doing 10 hours and me doing 8.) My biggest problem area is probably the bathroom. I hate to clean the tub. I don't mind the toilet and sink or cleaning the floor, but I hate cleaning the tub with a burning fiery passion.

ETA - I also loosely follow flylady.
What do you currently use to clean the tub with? I used to hate it, but finally found a solution that WORKS and isn't tons of elbow grease.

Spray down the shower with a mixture of half white vinegar and half original blue dawn... let it soak in really good for an hour... then go back and wipe it down, minimal scrubbing required.

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #29
blackbirdmama*3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721 View Post
What do you currently use to clean the tub with? I used to hate it, but finally found a solution that WORKS and isn't tons of elbow grease.

Spray down the shower with a mixture of half white vinegar and half original blue dawn... let it soak in really good for an hour... then go back and wipe it down, minimal scrubbing required.
I am so stealing this!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #30
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

Hey everyone, I'm Juli. I work full time, so time is precious. My trouble areas? I think it would be easier to list areas that I don't struggle with. My boys are 2 and 4, and DH is a certifiable slob. It is so hard to spend time cleaning one area, only to go to the next and see the first area already messed up again. I could use some serious motivation to try to keep things a little neater. I do feel so much better when I can come home after a long day at work to a house that doesn't look like a tornado went through it, but by the time the kids are in bed, I'm ready to crash. Cleaning gets pushed way to the bottom of the to-do list.