Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
gghmommy
Registered Users

please help!

So I have a 2yo and an 8 week old. I'm BFing and would rather be heavy and feed the babe than lose supply. that being said, I do have oversupply, so to lose a little would be ok! I'd like to lose some baby weight, as well as some pre-baby weight. I'm around 165, 5'3" and would like some realistic advice. We eat pretty healthy, though I am currently having difficulty eating lunch well unless it's somethng easy I can do one handed. It's been cold so walks have been out and now that it's warming, the pollen is killer. I am ok with going in the morning, but would have to borrow or get a 2 seater stroller, or wear the baby in the moby. I think a video during toddlers nap time would work. What's something fun, not too hard(I don't want to be frustrated), that will actually get results? I've been seeing too many ads on late night tv and just wonder....zumba, 10min trainer, fit in 6... help please!

Advertisement

gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

If you want quick results in terms of inches try Jillian michaels 30 day shred. It didnt hurt my milk supply but I dropped inches fast. Less than 30 minutes.

Track your food and take advantage of Breastfeeding helping with a deficit to lose a few lbs if desired?
Old 03-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #3
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: please help!

1. You've got to cut yourself some slack. It's great that you want to lose weight, but look at this as a marathon, not a sprint. A good rule of thumb is nine months up, nine months down.

2. Start easy. Go for nice long walks with the stroller. Early afternoon will be the best time - the trees release their pollen in the early dawn hours and at dusk.

3. SUPPORT YOUR BOOBS. Invest in a GOOD sports bra. Enell is a great brand for breastfeeding moms. You're going to hate life if the girls aren't supported.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

Wii has lots of fun work out programs!! I just do a 8 mins abd work out every day ( off u tube) and do calorie count on all the food I eat. ( watch what u eat and set a little lower on calorie intake goal). Snack on veggie when hungry and eat lean protein. My lo is 4 month now and I am at my pre pregnancy weight.
kittenbaby77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:55 AM   #5
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Do you have a smart phone? My friend has a little one and uses my fitness pal to track calories. She adds anywhere from500-650 calories a day for breast feeding. She's lost 10 lbs just tracking food and mild exercise. I love my fitness pal! )and the 30 day shred!)
Old 04-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #6
MamaVeronica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: please help!

I agree with the 30 Day Shred! I did it for the first time 6 months after my son was born and, while I didn't lose a ton of weight, it made me FEEL SO much better, and I did lose a couple centimeters around my waist!
MamaVeronica is offline   Reply With Quote