Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2013, 03:34 AM   #251
monkeymama07
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by champatlife View Post

This is one of my favorite paleo blogs for recipes. She posted this the other day for her "breakfast tacos" and she makes her own shell. I havn't tried it yet, but plan on it. http://paleomg.com/boneless-pork-short-rib-breakfast-tacos/

and this is what I went to the grocery store for today and grabbed the ingredients to make. http://paleomg.com/pork-chops-over-roasted-summer/
We love tacos. We will be trying these this week.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #252
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Re: Paleo Chat Jan, Feb & March 2013

Anyone doing A St paddy's day meal?

I'm making sweat potatoes O'Brien and "cabbage rolls" ( pork loin wrapped in cabbage leaves in the slow cooker)
Old 03-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #253
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

okay I tried the tortilla recipe I posted... would have made good pancakes(or great for the breakfast recipe it was with), I didn't think they were a good substitute for tortillas, maybe if I thinned it out a little(lot) more, but I figured forget it and just ate the tacos no shell.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:16 AM   #254
monkeymama07
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by champatlife View Post
okay I tried the tortilla recipe I posted... would have made good pancakes(or great for the breakfast recipe it was with), I didn't think they were a good substitute for tortillas, maybe if I thinned it out a little(lot) more, but I figured forget it and just ate the tacos no shell.
Darn

Im going to experiment with some crepe recipes to see If I can Fine one we like.

Its a huge need a wrap or Bread thing since we eat on the go so much.

I went grocery shopping for two weeks the Bill was painful. But its all paleo except drinks.... So we will see how it goes....

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using DS Forum
Old 03-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #255
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

anyone ever tried raw wrap recipes? Most I have seen are paleo.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #256
katiegud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi everyone. We've been doing paleo for about 3 weeks (except that I cheated with Diet Dr Pepper yesterday and today). I have issues with my stomach and probably my thyroid (test came back low, but doc wants to wait a few months to test again before medicating me). I thought a diet change might help. However, I do not feel better at all. I'm slightly less stuffy, so I guess something that I cut out must make my nose stuffed up (presumably dairy?), but otherwise I feel the same. I still have stomach pains, bloating, fatigue... Is that normal? Shouldn't I feel better by now if my diet was the issue? Also, I went from a really unhealthy diet to Paleo overnight. For 3 weeks we were strictly Paleo (until yesterday when I couldn't stand the sleepiness and drank caffeinated soda), and I only lost 2 lbs. Don't people usually lose at least some water weight with that short of change? Your insights would be appreciated! Thanks!
Old 03-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #257
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Are you active? About not losing any weight it still depends in general calories in calories out decides on weight loss not just diet alone. Have been eating a lot of fruits and nuts? They say avoid these or it very sparingly if trying to reduce weight, also some really have issues which such a Carb reduction.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #258
katiegud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am exercising, more than I was before (and my weight was stable, not gaining since last summer). I was eating a lot of fruit, but I have issues with nuts. Most of them make me itch, which I find concerning! I cut down on fruit the last couple of days, but it has made my tiredness worse and today I got really shaky with low blood sugar. Maybe I'm just not doing well with reducing carbs...
Old 03-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #259
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Paleo diet really does not work for everyone, and I think three weeks in is long enough to see how your body handles it, and it sounds like carb restriction is not a good fit.

Are you eating a lot of protein or did you replace all your "bad food" with just fruits and veggies? Because you should be eating 1gm protein for every lb of lean body mass (I usually pick this number as my if I was in the greatest shape of my life, long term fitness goal weight (this number should in most cases be close to 100gms if you're over weight, possible less if you weigh under 140lbs). I'm sure there is a real calculation used to figure it out, but it's how I've been doing it)

one other thing is have you figured out daily how many calories you're getting in? If like mentioned above if getting them solely from fruits and veggies and eating only 1000 (possibly much less)calories, that would explain feeling horrible?

but like I said above some people really don't do well without carbs, the lady that won the crossfit games in 2010 (most crossfitters adhere to paleo diets,) she said her body cannot handle it, she has to have brown rice, whole wheat pasta, incorporated into her diet.

Last edited by champatlife; 03-20-2013 at 06:07 PM.
champatlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #260
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
The above is allgood advice. I just wanted to add that for me, i need to have protein at ea meal. If not, I'm tired, cranky and irritable.
Have you looked into the eat clean diet? Its similar, but allows whole grains