Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #21
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Paleo Chat Jan, Feb & March 2013

The banana ones also have a couple tablespoons of nut butter in them. I sometimes drop a tsp of blanched almond flour in too. I eat them with kerrygold butter and they taste pretty much exactly like banana bread. The kids eat them plain or with maple syrup.

Advertisement

Last edited by AmberP; 01-09-2013 at 05:34 PM.
AmberP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #22
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am on the record here... I am pretty much back at the SAD right now. I hate morning sickness. I try SO hard to eat what is good for me, but it makes me retch and BAH.

I keep looking for good Paleo recipes that I can handle. Last night we ate Thai Lemongrass Chicken Salads. DH baked the lemongrass chicken tenders from my freezer meals and then made a delicious (fish-sauce-free) lime & chili vinaigrette and it was super nom.

Lunch was a banana and I think DH is bringing home Chipotle tonight for dinner.

Does anyone have any cook-ahead breakfast ideas that can be warmed quickly? DH seems to be hungry in the morning, but doesn't like cooking.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #23
Greenwife
Registered Users
seller
seller

We like crustless quiche. Basically precook sausage or bacon and put in the bottom of a greased pie pan. Whisk eggs (8-12 depending on pan and desired thickness) and sir in veggies - spinach, peppers, onion, etc - and pour into pan over meat. Cook at 350 for 20-30 min. until center is firm. Really tasty.

I've also read about egg cups - I think basically the same thing but in muffin tins. Not sure on cook time.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #24
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenwife View Post
We like crustless quiche. Basically precook sausage or bacon and put in the bottom of a greased pie pan. Whisk eggs (8-12 depending on pan and desired thickness) and sir in veggies - spinach, peppers, onion, etc - and pour into pan over meat. Cook at 350 for 20-30 min. until center is firm. Really tasty.

I've also read about egg cups - I think basically the same thing but in muffin tins. Not sure on cook time.
See, I love that, but I guess I should have prefaced this by saying that DH won't eat eggs mixed with anything. The only way he will eat eggs is scrambled and seasoned. He also will not eat spinach or peppers

Yeah.

Currently, I am craving broccoli and ham quiche, so when DH gets home and I go to the store, I am bringing home broccoli and ham.

Last edited by AmberP; 01-09-2013 at 06:18 PM.
AmberP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:13 AM   #25
Sakari
Registered Users

mmmm I LOVE quiche! and we make the egg cups. DD loves them, but honestly, they are a massive pain in the neck to get the eggs cleaned out the little muffin tins.

Yep, I make the banana ones with and without the nut butter. I'll have to try adding some almond meal flour one of these times!

AmberP, have you tried keeping down any paleo baking? Or maybe DH would eat muffins in the morning? or banana bread? smoothies? (they don't make ahead very well, I guess, the smoothies) Would he eat say, deli ham and cheese rolls? the kids around here Love those! they wouldn't care if it was breakfast, lunch, dinner - they will eat them anytime! I get the brand that doesn't use preservatives/nitrates in the meat.

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:07 AM   #26
MarieSeeking
Registered Users
seller

We only cook breakfast for dinner or on weekends.

I eat meats, cheeses, apples with almond butter, hard boiled eggs, avocados, bananas. Basically, I try for a lot of protein at breakfast.
MarieSeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #27
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakari View Post
mmmm I LOVE quiche! and we make the egg cups. DD loves them, but honestly, they are a massive pain in the neck to get the eggs cleaned out the little muffin tins.

Yep, I make the banana ones with and without the nut butter. I'll have to try adding some almond meal flour one of these times!

AmberP, have you tried keeping down any paleo baking? Or maybe DH would eat muffins in the morning? or banana bread? smoothies? (they don't make ahead very well, I guess, the smoothies) Would he eat say, deli ham and cheese rolls? the kids around here Love those! they wouldn't care if it was breakfast, lunch, dinner - they will eat them anytime! I get the brand that doesn't use preservatives/nitrates in the meat.
As for cleaning out the muffin tins-- get silicon baking cups or a silicon baking tray. The muffins pretty much pop right out, and you can turn them wrong-side-out to clean them.

I haven't tried any paleo baking yet. Most of the things I have baked in the past turned out really dry and unappealing. I would love some good recipes if you have them!

Basically, my hubby is neurotic LMAO! Lost cause? He won't eat any of the things either of you have mentioned. No cold meats and I am trying to get cheese out of the house because it makes DD & me sick and DS is flat-out allergic to dairy. I am pretty sure I have to give up dairy when I start nursing anyway-- two for two so far. If he eats anything in the morning, it is cashews and a cup of sugar-free chai. He used to eat cereal, but the only nuts he likes are cashews and macadamia nuts, and he can't imagine eating them like granola. I honestly don't even know why I asked for suggestions. Optimistic, I guess?
Old 01-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #28
Sakari
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieSeeking View Post
We only cook breakfast for dinner or on weekends.

I eat meats, cheeses, apples with almond butter, hard boiled eggs, avocados, bananas. Basically, I try for a lot of protein at breakfast.
mmmmm that all sounds so yummy! haha! I love food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
As for cleaning out the muffin tins-- get silicon baking cups or a silicon baking tray. The muffins pretty much pop right out, and you can turn them wrong-side-out to clean them.

I haven't tried any paleo baking yet. Most of the things I have baked in the past turned out really dry and unappealing. I would love some good recipes if you have them!

Basically, my hubby is neurotic LMAO! Lost cause? He won't eat any of the things either of you have mentioned. No cold meats and I am trying to get cheese out of the house because it makes DD & me sick and DS is flat-out allergic to dairy. I am pretty sure I have to give up dairy when I start nursing anyway-- two for two so far. If he eats anything in the morning, it is cashews and a cup of sugar-free chai. He used to eat cereal, but the only nuts he likes are cashews and macadamia nuts, and he can't imagine eating them like granola. I honestly don't even know why I asked for suggestions. Optimistic, I guess?
I really should do the silicone. I was going to - and then my mom found some research showing that it might not be that healthy once the silicone gets that warm in the oven. I don't know. lol

oooooooooh yes! I have recipes! I loooove baked goods. The only way I actually decided maybe I could cut out grains was by finding grainless baked goods that I liked. Because I absolutely LOVE muffins and breads and all things fluffy and sweet.

These are my two favorites right now - http://aloveaffairwithhoney.wordpres...akes-scd-gaps/

http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/g...-banana-bread/

and I have lots of different things pinned on pinterest http://pinterest.com/curlyhairdoidea/

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #29
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a good day yesterday. I still felt awful, but I made a crustless ham & broccoli quiche with almond milk and just the smallest amount of sharp cheddar and ate it all. Then for dinner, I had a potato with butter, salt, pepper and parm. It wasn't enough cheese to make me sick and it was all grain free. For snacks I had apple sauce, a banana and dried cranberries.

Trying for another good day today =) Thank you for the recipes!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #30
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Amber, my dh is the same way. The only veggies he will eat is canned green beans and broccolli. He will eat about 3 servings of veggies a week, 1 serving if fruit per week, and no nuts. The man eats nothing but meat...and he really dislikes chicken and pork though he will eat them......and he refuses to try fish of any kind.

He tried his very first pear a couple months ago.....at age 31!

His mom NEVER cooked...everything was prepackaged convenience foods...yuck! So thats what he prefers to eat. Even though he eats mainly beef now, i figure its still better than all the convenience foods oyt there!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote