Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #31
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Paleo Chat Jan, Feb & March 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakari View Post
mmmmm that all sounds so yummy! haha! I love food!

I really should do the silicone. I was going to - and then my mom found some research showing that it might not be that healthy once the silicone gets that warm in the oven. I don't know. lol

oooooooooh yes! I have recipes! I loooove baked goods. The only way I actually decided maybe I could cut out grains was by finding grainless baked goods that I liked. Because I absolutely LOVE muffins and breads and all things fluffy and sweet.

These are my two favorites right now - http://aloveaffairwithhoney.wordpres...akes-scd-gaps/

http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/g...-banana-bread/

and I have lots of different things pinned on pinterest http://pinterest.com/curlyhairdoidea/
I just put the banana bread from that recipe in the oven. Hopefully i like it, since i have yet to find a paleo baked good i enjoy.

ETA...its edible, but barely. Its like banana quiche. I wont be making it again, as the texture is too egg like.

Advertisement

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!

Last edited by BNC; 01-11-2013 at 12:59 PM.
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #32
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC View Post
I just put the banana bread from that recipe in the oven. Hopefully i like it, since i have yet to find a paleo baked good i enjoy.

ETA...its edible, but barely. Its like banana quiche. I wont be making it again, as the texture is too egg like.
That is disappointing =/ I am going to try it with almond flour at some point anyway. I know the kiddos will eat it if nothing else LOL
Old 01-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #33
Sakari
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
I had a good day yesterday. I still felt awful, but I made a crustless ham & broccoli quiche with almond milk and just the smallest amount of sharp cheddar and ate it all. Then for dinner, I had a potato with butter, salt, pepper and parm. It wasn't enough cheese to make me sick and it was all grain free. For snacks I had apple sauce, a banana and dried cranberries.

Trying for another good day today =) Thank you for the recipes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC View Post

oh NO! I wonder why?? I've made it lots and lots and only once had it seem not as good. Did you bake it long enough? I bake it for a really long time, until the top is pretty dark brown and I think I've burnt it. (but not quite)

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #34
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by eahcapemay View Post
I've been mostly paleo since last feb. I fell off the wagon hard since thanksgiving with cookies and beer all holiday season. I need to go back to hard core paleo for two weeks and resume eating better. Now I need dinner ideas for the week...
No wheat since this post! Looking to buy a primal cook book book. Any one have one they love?
Old 01-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #35
Sakari
Registered Users

Quote:
No wheat since this post! Looking to buy a primal cook book book. Any one have one they love?
I keep hearing great things about Practical Paleo. (but that's not primal I guess! ) I don't have it yet tho.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #36
Sakari
Registered Users

I can't wait to try this!! http://comfybelly.com/2011/12/butter.../#.UPH8q3c1eSo

We went to a friend's for dinner tonight...WOW I ate a lot of wheat! white noodles and white bread. wowsa. oh well.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:08 AM   #37
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakari View Post
I keep hearing great things about Practical Paleo. (but that's not primal I guess! ) I don't have it yet tho.
I'll check it out! I don't keep strict enough to care. If I'm just trying to maintain an attractive weight I'm mostly just gluten free. I started the diet when my son turned 1 and I still hadn't lost all the weight. For me it was a great way to lose 40+ pounds with out decreasing my milk because I was eating so much fat. Once I could fit in my old clothes I just avoided sweets, wheat and beer. I used the primal blue print as a guide for how to eat, if not always what not to eat.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #38
Sakari
Registered Users

Quote:
I'll check it out! I don't keep strict enough to care. If I'm just trying to maintain an attractive weight I'm mostly just gluten free. I started the diet when my son turned 1 and I still hadn't lost all the weight. For me it was a great way to lose 40+ pounds with out decreasing my milk because I was eating so much fat. Once I could fit in my old clothes I just avoided sweets, wheat and beer. I used the primal blue print as a guide for how to eat, if not always what not to eat.
Well done!

That sounds similar to what I am doing lately too - adding aspects of the paleo/primal world into my own world. One bit at a time

eta: I've only lost about 20 pounds so far though! You are inspiration!

Old 01-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #39
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am just checking in =) Not doing so great, but we have bananas and sunbutter in the house, so I am going to try that banana bread.

As for books, I borrowed some from the library. Practical Paleo was okay, but there weren't a lot of things that we like to eat in it. I liked Eat Like a Dinosaur and Everyday Paleo.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #40
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Am I the only one who hadnt lost weight with paleo? I have such a hard time loosing weight, no matter what I do (super low cal, no carb, low fat, weight watchers, paleo...ive tried it all!). Ive had my thyroid checked and its normal. I dont eat mass quantities, either.

Im only 4lbs from my pre baby weight, but my pre baby weight was 206lbs, lol! I was a comfortable size 14 then, and if my body hadnt changed shape I would be comfortable where im at....but right now im sitting at a tight 16, loose 18. I would love to loose 10lbs, but ive lost only 1lb since going paleo!

I was toying with the idea of doing a 10 day juice fast, and got a juicer for xmas. Turns out I dont like fresh juice though, lol. Its too thick and foamy!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote