Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #81
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Paleo Chat Jan, Feb & March 2013

im still down 2-3 lbs which is better than nothing. I have had some wheat products (oatmeal, graham cracker on bottom of cheesecake) but in general I have been eating a ton f fruits, veggies and nuts. today was turkey dogs, baked tatoe (had a wicked craving), bing cherries, 3 string cheeses, milk and water.
we havent eaten dinner yet but its crock pot pot roast

again, I am trying to do high protein so I dont snack as often or crave sugar or bread. it seems to be working!!

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #82
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm doing well food wise. I made dinner from the Practical Paleo cookbook. I'm fallowing the "squeaky clean Paleo" plan. This is not a cost effective book! But I can really see how cooking this way for 30 or 60 days will really perk up my meal planing and remove temptation to fall back on lazy favorites like rice and beans.

Unfortunately I've been having relaxin issues and my hip bone keeps feeling like its popping out of its socket. I haven't been doing my normal 2 miles. Heck, I've been barely walking DS to the playground or going food shopping.

I think I'm going to make my first pot of bone broth. Would it totally defeat the purpose to use a rotisserie chicken from Costco? I happen to have a fresh one that has been mostly picked clean in my fridge and I wouldn't have to pay for, roast and eat another chicken.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:13 PM   #83
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

How far along are you? I have relaxin issues when I am pregnant as well, but it mostly affects my pubic symphysis and my sacraliliac joint (also so that I cannot walk). I thought I was going to get lucky with it this time because it normally starts by 8 weeks, but at 12 weeks my ps started separating and my knee popped out making things interesting.

I forced myself to eat a pork chop last night and felt sick and nauseous for hours afterward. DH remarked that I am probably going to be a vegetarian for the next six months and I am wondering about it, too. =S I've noticed that I can handle cold meat better than warm and that if it is at all fatty, it makes it worse. Which is awful because the crispy fat on a pork chop used to be my favorite LOL

We'll see! =D
Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #84
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by eahcapemay View Post
I'm doing well food wise. I made dinner from the Practical Paleo cookbook. I'm fallowing the "squeaky clean Paleo" plan. This is not a cost effective book! But I can really see how cooking this way for 30 or 60 days will really perk up my meal planing and remove temptation to fall back on lazy favorites like rice and beans.

Unfortunately I've been having relaxin issues and my hip bone keeps feeling like its popping out of its socket. I haven't been doing my normal 2 miles. Heck, I've been barely walking DS to the playground or going food shopping.

I think I'm going to make my first pot of bone broth. Would it totally defeat the purpose to use a rotisserie chicken from Costco? I happen to have a fresh one that has been mostly picked clean in my fridge and I wouldn't have to pay for, roast and eat another chicken.
That's totaly fine!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #85
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm only slightly pregnant. Only 4 weeks. My husband just emailed me to thank me for all the nice healthy dinners I've been making! This is one of the reasons why I love being paleo. DH enjoys eating it and we can offer DS a protein and a veggie every night. If I was on a different kind of diet it would be more of a struggle.

ETA: tonight I am making baked chicken with sage, sweet potato pancakes and steamed spinich. The sweet potato pancakes call for coconut flour. I've never worked with it before. Some places on line say to soak it to get a better texture. Others don't. Any tips?

Last edited by eahcapemay; 01-24-2013 at 10:50 AM.
eahcapemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #86
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dinner tonight is one of my freezer meals- Oven bbq ribs w/ homemade honey bbq sauce, peppers & onions and salad. I have been looking forward to these for two days, so hopefully I can eat them =D

Still trying to figure out lunch & breakfast o_O
Old 01-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #87
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I'm only slightly pregnant. Only 4 weeks. My husband just emailed me to thank me for all the nice healthy dinners I've been making! This is one of the reasons why I love being paleo. DH enjoys eating it and we can offer DS a protein and a veggie every night. If I was on a different kind of diet it would be more of a struggle.

ETA: tonight I am making baked chicken with sage, sweet potato pancakes and steamed spinich. The sweet potato pancakes call for coconut flour. I've never worked with it before. Some places on line say to soak it to get a better texture. Others don't. Any tips?
I don't like coconut flour very much because of its gritty texture, but I will look into soaking it. I had never heard of it before. If you are unsure of using the coconut flour, you might try doing one without it and see if it turns out before adding it.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #88
Sakari
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
be aware that most tests you must actually eat the foods even if allergic for it to show up as an allergy. kind of ticked me off cause I tested my 2 yr old and a whole bunch of stuff didnt come up cause she doesnt eat it. walnuts being deadly for her and ofcourse her blood test said she could eat walnuts- gave em to her (not knowing for sure yet) and she was rushed into the clinic. epi pen and all after that.

so eat it all before the testing or you may get a false negative
Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
So...who can talk to me about being paleo and pregnant? Because reasons.
Congrats!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
I am getting back on track with eating healthier, but not paleo. I have been eating ham and eggs instead of fast food, though =D
I must be missing something - or just not as strict as you! Isn't ham and eggs paleo??
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
im still down 2-3 lbs which is better than nothing. I have had some wheat products (oatmeal, graham cracker on bottom of cheesecake) but in general I have been eating a ton f fruits, veggies and nuts. today was turkey dogs, baked tatoe (had a wicked craving), bing cherries, 3 string cheeses, milk and water.
we havent eaten dinner yet but its crock pot pot roast

again, I am trying to do high protein so I dont snack as often or crave sugar or bread. it seems to be working!!
doin great!
Quote:

Can you tell me more about the cookbook? and why it's not cost effective? Sorry to hear about your hips I would totally use the chicken you already have.
Quote:

I've never heard of soaking it, I use it dry and like it. It needs a LOT more liquid than other flours tho, that's something to note So even tho it's $$ it lasts forever. a batch of muffins will only use like 1/4 cup.

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #89
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakari View Post
Thanks for the tip!

I must be missing something - or just not as strict as you! Isn't ham and eggs paleo??

:
I would say yes, but I am still eating other things that aren't paleo (like bread and english muffins mostly). I'm just happy that I am eating things that aren't from a drive-thru and could possibly considered healthy from some standpoint if not a paleo standpoint. KWIM? I'm starting to feel like I am starving though, so maybe my morning sickness is on its way out *fingers crossed*.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #90
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
Dinner tonight is one of my freezer meals- Oven bbq ribs w/ homemade honey bbq sauce, peppers & onions and salad. I have been looking forward to these for two days, so hopefully I can eat them =D

Still trying to figure out lunch & breakfast o_O
Can I have your bbq sauce recipe!?

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote