Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
wellsmommy
Registered Users
seller

Favorite newborn diapers

I have never had much luck with newborn diapers I always end up just using disposables, I really want it to work this time. I'm expecting baby 5 March 29, so I need to start figuring it out. Any help would be appreciated. I don't like super bulky diapers so this has always been my problem. I use prefolds and flips with my older babies.

Advertisement

wellsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
babymakes3.4.5....
Registered Users
seller
seller

I really liked the newborn simplex and orange edge GMD workhorse. Both were easy to use, fit well from day one, and wash/dry easily and quickly. Good luck mama!
babymakes3.4.5.... is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Favorite newborn diapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsmommy View Post
I have never had much luck with newborn diapers I always end up just using disposables, I really want it to work this time. I'm expecting baby 5 March 29, so I need to start figuring it out. Any help would be appreciated. I don't like super bulky diapers so this has always been my problem. I use prefolds and flips with my older babies.
What have you used in the past that you didn't like?

What sizes have your babies been?
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
Finniansmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My new LO is only 5 days old and a bit of a chunk at 8lbs 14oz, but so far, we are loving Nana's bottoms, Lil Joeys, and the nb simplex. I have some nb workhorses too, but haven't found the fitted/covers love yet.
Finniansmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
laila
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I used mutts and B4's with xs thirsties covers with my last one and plan to with this one. Adding wool though this time around. Never had a blow out or leak. Loved them.

Had used pockets with my previous two and never worked well at the newborn stage. Always had to go to sposies for the first month or so.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #6
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My favorite diapers with my last baby were Tots Bots Tini Fits. They fit her perfectly from about five lbs up to twelve lbs, although she had outgrown the absorbency by that point. They were so cute and easy, too. I liked to use them at night because no matter how sleep deprived I might've been, they were easy.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #7
AmandaA
Registered Users
seller

Loving my NB Simplex and TB Tini Fits. Much trimmer than the preemie pf's/covers I bought- tried those a handful of times and decided they wee just too bulky for me. Both were trim enough that we didn't have to go to 0-3 month clothes from her NB's until about 8.5lbs. I wasn't sure if I would like using cloth on a NB, since I didn't start until 6 months with DS, but I am loving it with both of these diapers. Also have Lil Joeys in my diaper rental, but can tell that they aren't going to last as long size wise and are harder to wash/dry.
AmandaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #8
Poodlemum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I absolutely love my prefolds/covers on my little, the bulk doesn't bother me. They're bullet proof! We have some AIOs, AI2s, and pockets, but they just don't hold up to her heavy wetting. Our trimmest compromise are flannel fitteds I made with my first under Duo sraps. Aside from Duo wraps, I've never tried commercial newborn diapers

Visit my FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pied-...68899319840619
My Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PiedPipersDiapers
Poodlemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #9
simplykarenp
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love gmd orange edge workhorse with a thirsties or blueberry cover. This combo works still fits my 8 week 11 lbs baby.
simplykarenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #10
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Some people fold down the back of the flip to make it smaller and just use that for the newborn phase. Would that work for you?
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote