Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #31
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Kate - congrats on the baby girl!

Advertisement

TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #32
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Jan 1-15)

Aaaa...so many things happened when I was MIA with my in-laws! I love all the positive posts!

Andrea: SOOOO happy! Congrats He is so beautiful, enjoy your babymoon!

Alice: I think you are next, keep us posted mama!

Over here I am 28 weeks and totally feeling the 3rd trimester! Happy that she could be born now and survive but totally nervous because my twins were born at 29 weeks. Please pray I make it to 37 weeks at least this time and that we stay out of the NICU. On a fun note, my baby shower is coming up on the 12th. It is my first EVER because my girls were born so early we missed ours from NICU living. I am really looking forward to it
Old 01-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #33
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
AFM: Cleared for another week by MFM. The MCA doppler results were actually lower than last week, which is good. They deferred my contrax to my OB, so I'll call him if they pick up again before my appt on Monday.

how have the contractions been the past couple days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
Can I just say how fun/exciting it is moving mamas from "Still Baking" to "Rainbows Have Arrived" on our main list?
I can imagine! It's wonderful just being able to watch them move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
Had the anatomy scan this afternoon. Baby was perfectly healthy, measuring one week ahead on most things. And it's a GIRL!! From the very beginning I've felt this was a girl, always using she/her in my thoughts, calling her by name in my prayers. I'm so excited that my feelings are confirmed and baby is healthy.
Congrats!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
Over here I am 28 weeks and totally feeling the 3rd trimester! Happy that she could be born now and survive but totally nervous because my twins were born at 29 weeks. Please pray I make it to 37 weeks at least this time and that we stay out of the NICU. On a fun note, my baby shower is coming up on the 12th. It is my first EVER because my girls were born so early we missed ours from NICU living. I am really looking forward to it
It's a very different ball game with multiples - I mean, not always, but often it is.
Have a great time at your shower!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #34
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had the strangest thing happen yesterday. I had to check my past voice messages on my cell phone to grab a number off of it. For some reason it popped up with 7 old voice messages from the past year -ones that I had deleted. The first one was from my step-mom saying how sorry she was about my miscarriage (last Jan). Of course I started to cry in the middle of Panera. What the heck Verizon? Cant believe its been a year.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #35
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Meg - That's really strange about the messages reappearing.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #36
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

How odd...
Old 01-04-2013, 01:31 AM   #37
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Love the happy updates. Mine is a bit more mixed.

I'm 19 weeks *shock*

I had an appointment last Friday to check my cervix and I've lost another .8cm in 2 weeks. Making it 3.9 cm ---down from 5.5 only 5 weeks ago. So, I've lost 1.6cm. And I now only have 1.1 cm below my cerclage. Makes me nervous!

With the holidays, my paperwork got lost in the shuffle, so I haven't started my p-17 injections yet. Doc got it straightened out last week and my paperwork is submitted to insurance now, but its awaiting approval. Luckily, my doc convinced the drug co to send me a "sample" dose that will arrive tomorrow, so I'll be covered for a week and we're hoping it'll be settled by the time I'm due for my next dose.

I've been contracting regularly. Just a couple of times a day...and I would say its BH, but I know better. I think they ARE BH, but my "irritable uterus" turns a harmless contraction into a real one. My doc is hoping the progesterone relaxes my uterus and slows them down.

I have my anatomy scan next week on the 10th, so I'm excited to see her in detail for a long time and get 47395839 pics and watch her squirm. She's a wiggler. So, at least I know SHE is healthy...it's just keeping her in now. Please, God, let her stay in!!!

We're clearing the spare room this weekend to move the baby stuff into there. Still don't plan to set it up, but will have a place to corral it all. It's 95% hand me down stuff from DS right now---she has the blanket I made, the 3 outfits a friend sent me before I found out Deagan was a boy (hand me downs from her 3DD), a rattle DS begged me to buy from the thrift store today, and a ladybug toy he said she NEEDED because he needed to get her something for Christmas. So since he talked about her NEEDING it for 5 weeks, I gave in and let him buy it finally. I did order her bedding, but it hasn't arrived yet (retail cost: $300, paid: $110...couldn't pass it up).

My shower is 2/9/13. We wanted it after viability, but early so I don't get put on bed rest before. So 24.5 weeks was all we could come up with since my hostess is pregnant and due when I am 26 weeks and is having a c-section and won't be up to hosting for several weeks after. So, I set up a Target registry and am trying not to run screaming for the hills at the idea of setting things up when I'm still so unsure of whether I'll actually get to keep her! Especially with the contractions and cervix shortening and such.

So a big mixed bag of crazy over here. We have a LOT going on and I've been MIA dealing with it.

By here are pics to make up for my absence (taken last Friday):

From above--top of her head and her knees with her arm/ over her knees.

Profile:

Face:

Girly bits:

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:57 AM   #38
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Marie - and That stinks. Bad cervix! And really crappy that they lost your paperwork in the shuffle - not the extra stress anyone needs, let alone you right now. I hope that the shot will relax your uterus and allow you to have many many more weeks of baking baby.
We'll make a deal - your baby has to stay in until after Hiccup comes. That would give you another 12 weeks at least. Deal?
Old 01-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #39
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
Marie - and That stinks. Bad cervix! And really crappy that they lost your paperwork in the shuffle - not the extra stress anyone needs, let alone you right now. I hope that the shot will relax your uterus and allow you to have many many more weeks of baking baby.
We'll make a deal - your baby has to stay in until after Hiccup comes. That would give you another 12 weeks at least. Deal?
If only these babies listened to those deals! I just wish my risks didn't cover my ENTIRE pregnancy from BFP to 36 weeks. I mean, can I not just enjoy it at all!?! Gah!

That being said, doc said "your risks go away completely at 36 weeks, so when that stitch comes out, the ball is in your court. You can deliver any way our hospital can do it (no tub boo!) and my only requirement is that you have an IV port just in case we need to give you something---you don't even have to have anything going to it, just have the port in place"

So, other than no chance of a water birth, that's pretty much the end of that worry! I'm going to talk to him a little more about letting DH catch and DS cut the cord and letting her stay ON me for cleanup and nurse ASAP and those little things that would send me over the moon and make it perfect.

So I just have to start picturing my perfect birth and write up my "best case scenario" plan---so hard when I can only picture this ending badly still. I see him again right at 24 weeks for a full appointment (next week is just ultrasound and a quick go-over), so maybe I'll be picturing that perfect birth of a healthy term baby a little better then?

That cervix just needs to just calm the F down and do its job!

Why must all my girl parts except my ovaries be so anti-establishment? Well, at least those ovaries work perfectly!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #40
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Marie. How frustrating and stressful! Come on, cervix...cooperate! Be weird on your own time. I'm glad to hear that your doc is being proactive and supportive--that's great that he got you that sample when the paperwork got messed up. I'm praying that you get your awesome 36+ week birth.
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote