Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
callejon87
Registered Users
seller

Baby apps?

A friend just told me about the app Baby Connect. You can track feelings (breast feeding and pumping/bottles), diaper changes, all kinds of stuff. It's $5 and I'm a cheapie. Anyone have similar apps they use that are free or cheaper?

Advertisement

Mama to Myra (Jan '13), FPIES
callejon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I use Baby Tracker. $3 I think for full version?
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
cyanotype
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
iBaby is a good free one. It does diapers, feedings, etc.

Most likely nursing and typing. Please pardon any mistakes.
cyanotype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby apps?

Wow, I wouldn't pay money to track feedings or diaper changes. You can get free printable sheets, they are all over the internet, just type in feeding chart/tracker, etc. I only tracked for a week with ds1, and then I realised it was pretty much a waste of time. I could see that he was eating a lot and peeing/pooping a lot. The only time you really need to track is if there is low weight gain, not gaining at all or you think there is something wrong with urination or stooling (or unless a Doctor tells you otherwise for a medical reason).

Most of my clients when they think they aren't making enough milk will just write down the time when baby nurses and how long it takes and then how many poops and pees baby has in a day on a regular notebook paper.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
callejon87
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma
Wow, I wouldn't pay money to track feedings or diaper changes. You can get free printable sheets, they are all over the internet, just type in feeding chart/tracker, etc. I only tracked for a week with ds1, and then I realised it was pretty much a waste of time. I could see that he was eating a lot and peeing/pooping a lot. The only time you really need to track is if there is low weight gain, not gaining at all or you think there is something wrong with urination or stooling (or unless a Doctor tells you otherwise for a medical reason).

Most of my clients when they think they aren't making enough milk will just write down the time when baby nurses and how long it takes and then how many poops and pees baby has in a day on a regular notebook paper.
Well I'm not going to pay but I would like a free app. I'm not big on printed stuff, probably even less with new baby chaos. I honestly didn't plan on tracking much more than which boob I need to use next which I can do with a hair tie, but if there was a handy, free app out there I'd try it!

Old 01-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #6
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma View Post

I tracked for 3 months because DD2 started out small and we had a really rocky start to BFing. I tried paper but it was never where I needed it. My phone was small and always handy.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #7
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby apps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by callejon87 View Post
Well I'm not going to pay but I would like a free app. I'm not big on printed stuff, probably even less with new baby chaos. I honestly didn't plan on tracking much more than which boob I need to use next which I can do with a hair tie, but if there was a handy, free app out there I'd try it!
Right I wasn't trying to say you were dumb or anything for wanting to track feedings, just giving my personal I was just saying "Wow" to how much someone wants for a feeding tracker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I tracked for 3 months because DD2 started out small and we had a really rocky start to BFing. I tried paper but it was never where I needed it. My phone was small and always handy.
Yes phone apps can be handy, I have several And you tracked for a good reason, wasn't trying to say tracking in general was not a good idea or something.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #8
Jen31
Registered Users

I used the similac app, which was free. I used it to track feedings (my DS was ebf and it let me time how long he ate and which breast he fed from) and diaper changes. It also had lots of other features but those were the only ones I used. I really liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Jen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #9
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen31 View Post
I used the similac app, which was free. I used it to track feedings (my DS was ebf and it let me time how long he ate and which breast he fed from) and diaper changes. It also had lots of other features but those were the only ones I used. I really liked it.

This was iPhone only when DD2 was born. Is it on Android now?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #10
callejon87
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen31

Perfect! I just downloaded it for my iPhone. Looks like what I wanted so far. We'll see once baby is here