Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #11
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My reward is also just feeling good. We do a lot of traveling so I always set my goals to lose so much by a certain trip. Then when I meet those goals I feel better on my trip and can relax and indulge a bit without feeling guilty. My next goal is to lose 17lbs by the time we leave for Chicago at the end of April. We will be seeing lots of friends and I know I will feel great when people say how good I look.

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #12
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weight loss...do you have a reward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermansmomma View Post
Sorry OP for going off topic...

Kimmie- do you feel that you have to start over now? DH's opinion is that I should get to my goal, and enjoy it for about a year before we try. That seems far away. It will take at least a year to loss the weight, so 2 years from now to start trying I kind of want to get them all out and over with, so I'm not changing diapers for the next 5 years lol.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I got into amazing shape after baby #1 and I think it really helped with pregnancy #2. I got pregnant almost immediately and on the days that I exercised, I didn't get sick. My weight gain was steady, but I gained less than my first pregnancy. I stayed super active my whole pregnancy and my c/s recovery was a breeze.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #13
lavender dragonfly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

$500 towards clothes, plus a pair of FRYE boots I've been wanting for years.

----if/only if I reach my goal weight of 130 on Feb 1st. 15 pounds to go!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #14
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I will be skinny, that is my reward. LOL. Mostly I want to be healthy, I want to not feel self conscious. I want to look good in a bathing suit and not wear my maternity suit that has a "dress" over it to cover the bulge. Ya, that would be really nice. Other than a good feeling, I really don't have anything else planned.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #15
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've been paying myself $5/lb for new clothes. I weigh and pay every Friday So far 27 lbs and $135!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #16
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_arnold View Post
Just recently joined WW and keep thinking maybe I should reward myself to stay motivated. Like give myself a certain amount of $ each time I lose to put towards new clothes when I meet my goal.

Has anyone else done something similar? I'm trying to stay away from rewarding myself with food!
I like the $5/lb idea that others are doing, but to be honest I'm pretty spoiled and will just buy what I want on the spot. Except on the flip side of that, it's rarely clothes because I always want to lose weight first!

Anyway, are you doing the new WW 360 plan? I'm seriously thinking about joining. I did the 2007 WW plan and had SO much success. I even kept it off for a year without the WW plan (I had learned so much about making smarter choices and portion control that it was a more natural part of my lifestyle) but when my life got really stressful I gained it all and then some. In 2010 or 2011 (I can't remember) I joined WW again but they had a new plan and it did not work for me! After several weeks I went between losing and gaining the same 1/2 pound and then I quit. It was depressing. I see they've changed their plan again and I'm curious, but then I'm thinking that they keep having to change it because their new formula isn't as successful. IDK.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #17
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i buy cute clothes at the thrift store when i find them, usually they are too small. my reward is being able to wear them
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #18
ThreeLittleLovies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husband and I are at odds with a big purchase decision. I think we need a new couch. We have a really old hand-me-down that is too small for our family of 5. He thinks we need a new TV. We have a very old small TV and he's dying for a big flat screen. But we can;t afford both. We decided that whoever gets to their goal weight first gets to decide which big purchase we make.
ThreeLittleLovies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #19
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomom View Post
I like the $5/lb idea that others are doing, but to be honest I'm pretty spoiled and will just buy what I want on the spot. Except on the flip side of that, it's rarely clothes because I always want to lose weight first!

Anyway, are you doing the new WW 360 plan? I'm seriously thinking about joining. I did the 2007 WW plan and had SO much success. I even kept it off for a year without the WW plan (I had learned so much about making smarter choices and portion control that it was a more natural part of my lifestyle) but when my life got really stressful I gained it all and then some. In 2010 or 2011 (I can't remember) I joined WW again but they had a new plan and it did not work for me! After several weeks I went between losing and gaining the same 1/2 pound and then I quit. It was depressing. I see they've changed their plan again and I'm curious, but then I'm thinking that they keep having to change it because their new formula isn't as successful. IDK.
Actually the 360 isn't a new plan. It just means WW will "meet you wherever you are." They are promoting a new 800#, eTools, the phone app, etc so you can access WW tools wherever you are.

The plan is still the Points Plus plan. I've been successful so far. 7 lbs in 3 weeks. I expect that weight loss to level out a bit to around .5 or 1 lb a week. You still count points, but all fresh fruit and most veggies are 0 points.
Wife of 6 years to DH, Momma to DD (3), and expecting Baby Girl #2 in May 2015
d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #20
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender dragonfly View Post
$500 towards clothes, plus a pair of FRYE boots I've been wanting for years.

----if/only if I reach my goal weight of 130 on Feb 1st. 15 pounds to go!
Oooo great idea! LOVE those boots but haven't been able to pull the trigger on them.
Wife of 6 years to DH, Momma to DD (3), and expecting Baby Girl #2 in May 2015
d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote