Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2013, 07:42 AM   #21
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: When did your baby start sleeping in his own room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie330 View Post
My son will be 9 months old on the 7th and I'm getting a lot if pressure from family members to move him to his own bedroom but I don't think either of us are ready for that. He still nurses a lot during the night and I think we would both get a lot less sleep if he were in another room.

When did you move your child to their own bedroom? How did you know you both were ready?
My oldest was 6 years old. We moved to a new house and I would put him to bed in his own bed and he would wake and come in my room. Over a few weeks he started sleeping longer in his own room and would only come into my room in the AM to tell me he was awake.

My DS 2 and 3 were each 18 months when they went to their own room. DS3 went in his as DS3 was born and took over cosleeping and then the crib. DS3 went into his own bed when we moved to a bigger place and he got his big boy bed at 18 mos. Both him and his brother would fall asleep on the couch and then be carried inot their room to their beds. Eventually they would be able to fall asleep on their own in their room.

DS4 is 9 months on the 11th and still cosleeps with me. In fact we bed share as he nurses at night. I have the crib side carred to the bed right now, but he only plays in it in the AM when he wakes. He is in my arms to sleep all night. I am not worried about it. They all leave your bed eventually when they are ready. THey just are no longer comfy and like their own space more.

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #22
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie330 View Post
My son will be 9 months old on the 7th and I'm getting a lot if pressure from family members to move him to his own bedroom but I don't think either of us are ready for that. He still nurses a lot during the night and I think we would both get a lot less sleep if he were in another room.

When did you move your child to their own bedroom? How did you know you both were ready?
hope you don't take this wrong, but it's not your family members business.
why are they being so nosey? I would do whatever you and hubby decide works for you.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #23
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
My first slept with us for the first 12 months and then we transitioned her. My second only slept with us for 4 months, he was NOT into co-sleeping and slept better on his own. Our youngest slept with us for the first 13 months and we transitioned her when we moved to our new house.
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #24
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You need to do what is right for your family, not what others think you should do. Every family is different and what works for one may/may not work for another.

In answer to your question-- Our babies sleep in their own cribs in their own room from day one.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #25
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I let my kids self wean.

Don't let other people tell you what is best, only you and your DH know. If they pressure tell them to back off.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:19 AM   #26
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I think about your baby age. She slept ok and our room is small. No crib would fit in ourroom. Only craddle. I have matress in other room though too.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #27
oregonmom
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

#1- We tried at 6 months, but he was in our bed more then his till he was almost 2.

#2- He went to share a room with his brother at 20 months.

#3- He moved in with both of his brothers at 22 months.

It is really about when you feel ready and when you feel your child is ready. 9 months seems a bit young unless it is bothering you to have him in your room. That is why we tried to move our first so soon was that my DH wanted back his space.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #28
JoeysMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My first was 3 months old. My daughter was 7 months old.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #29
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:

When they consistently slept through the night (DD 4 months, DS 8-9 months). I wouldn't worry about what your family says, they aren't the ones that will be running around your house in the middle of the night.

Wanted to edit to say ours never coslept with us. They had their own bed just in our room.

Last edited by cdeweese; 01-04-2013 at 09:14 AM.
cdeweese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #30
TonyKariTony
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My son slept in our bed until he was 6 1/2 months old, he is 2yrs old now and I still keep his crib in our bedroom, that is what makes us all happy an that's that!!!

TonyKariTony is offline   Reply With Quote