Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #41
Spicymustard
Registered Users
seller

Re: When did your baby start sleeping in his own room?

My kids are still in our room. Dd is in her own bed in our room though. We have a routine that works for all of us amd we all get sleep. If we were hurting for sleep I'd probably want to change the arrangement. Both sets of our parents are always bugging us about it but whatever. It works for us.

Advertisement

Join me on Swagbucks.
Spicymustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #42
JAG's baby mama
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Our DS was teething from week 6 to 1yr. He got his entire set of teeth in that time. He did not STTN until he was almost 2yrs, but he was moved to his own room and his own bed (a normal full/queen) at 6 mos. We did it because I was PG and I was worried about having two babies share our bed. I was thinking it would take him a while to get used to it. NOPE. He took right to it, love it even. He self-weaned at 6 weeks (which is good considering all those teeth he had by 4-6mos ).

DD was much more cuddly. She liked sleeping with us. Then she got sick, was in the hospital for 5 weeks where only in the last two was she allowed to sleep with me. She moved to her own bed at 11-12mos. She loved the idea of sharing a room with her favorite friend, DS. She loved BFing more than DS, but even she self weaned between 10-12weeks.

So in neither case, for us, was BFing an issue when moving the kids to their own beds. We used a monitor to keep track of them during the night and DH and I alternated nights for who was responsible for getting up with them. Best thing we ever did. HTH.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #43
MsGiggles
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
Three months. We were ready, because at any sound I would swoop him up and start nursing. Only to realize once my brain woke up a little more that he was just adjusting in his sleep. I needed to move him to get more sleep. That being said I never mastered nursing in bed either. Usually I would get up and move to a chair to nurse anyway, or at least sit up in bed. So it wasn't that big of an adjustment. He is probably nursing more at night because you are there. I think my son was down to 2 nursing a night at 9m.

Don't move him because your family says to. Do what is right for you, DH (if there) and DS.
My experience with DD2 was very like Pixi6s'.

And definitely agree with the advice about doing what is best for you/DH/LO!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:56 AM   #44
angelisagemini
Registered Users

My Mood:

When he was three we moved his bed into our room and he slowly moved to that bed and then we put his bed back in his room and took that transition slowly. Now he's 4 and he loves his bed. I tried to get him to sleep in my bed last night because DH was working and he refused, lol.

We've always been laidback about where the sleep happens, just as long as it happens.
angelisagemini is offline   Reply With Quote