Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
Cassie330
Registered Users

Washing dipes in an he front loader...

Have you found anything that works well? I'm having a hard time rinsing them

Advertisement

Cassie330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Re: Washing dipes in an he front loader...

I had a really difficult time with mine as well. I use pocket diapers and found that even though they weren't bad as far as leaks went, that they always had a really strong smell when my son peed. I tried everything from many extra rinses, to using the heavy wash setting, to adding a wet towel, and I switched from an all natural detergent to Tide F&G. Nothing seemed to do a whole lot. So now I soak the inserts in a bucket (with lid) of vinegar water and have no more stink problems, it was my only solution and works like a charm.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
weintz8
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use the sanitize wash on my HE FL with Tide original liquid and about a tablespoon of bleach. Then I run a whole other short wash with no soap/bleech. I have never had a problem. Our stash is flats, covers, and AIOs (swaddlebees simplex and imagine bamboo mostly).
and Ian (born 6/5/14)
weintz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
RNmom926
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a whirlpool duet he frontloader. I have fuzzibunz elite and swaddlebees simplex. Haven't had any problems yet....

I use tide original he liquid.

Delicate wash on cold. With about 1tbsp of tide.

Heavy duty hot wash with a prewash and extra rinse (cold) with tide to the 2 line. I take out my wet bags after this cycle and rinse them in the sink. I find that soap gets trapped in them no matter how many rinsed I do.

Quick wash with no detergent on hot with a cold rinse.

Dry on medium.

I'll also add one cap full of bleach every couple of washes to the heavy duty cycle.

I rinse all of my poopy diaper even though she is ebf. And rinse all of my overnight diapers with the diaper sprayer.
RNmom926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i have an he front loader! here is my routine that i have perfected after over a year of trying to get it right.

first off i never do more than a days worth, i learned my lesson when i had 2 in dipes and they were not getting clean, like at all, the max amt of dipes ill do is 15 and in the rare occassion i skip a day of dipe laundry i do 2 loads...usually a mixture of flats, prefolds, fitteds, fleece and pul pockets/covers and whatever fleece liners or wipes i used for that day... i have never personally had a problem with microfiber but i decided to get rid of all of mine to avoid any possible problems!

-i start off with a cold rinse/spin and i do the low speed for the spin
-then i add an entire pitcher (2 qts i believe?) of water directly into the diapers then i add 1/2 scoop of country save powder into the little dispenser area and i set it on heavy duty HOT with an extra rinse
-1 more extra warm rinse
thats it!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #6
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been doing a full warm wash on Delicate with some bleach, then a hot wash on Allergen setting with detergent, Arm and Hammer clean burst. Although I have been debating whether or not to try the whites setting. I'm just trying to get the water as hot as possible!!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
Celestials
Registered Users
seller
seller

I actually add extra water through the detergent drawer during my main hot wash, then follow up with a warm wash on delicate with no detergent (my machine uses more water on the delicate cycle). Followed by an extra rinse. Good luck, it took me a while to perfect my routine, but now it's great!
Celestials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #8
meesh38
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNmom926 View Post
I take out my wet bags after this cycle and rinse them in the sink. I find that soap gets trapped in them no matter how many rinsed I do.
Interesting! I have been having a hunch about my wetbags holding onto the soap. I'm going to try this!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:07 AM   #9
maieranne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Two full cycles. First normal on cold...little detergent. Second long hot with extra rinse with detergent to line 1. If suds rinse again. I add bleach (like 1 tbs) to hot wash every other cycle.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #10
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Hot water on cotton cycle. Heavy soil. high spin. Prewash.