Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #21
mommato4kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is the OB office not taking me seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky1231 View Post
My thyroid always played up during Pregnancy. I am hypo and had to have my meds up several times with each pregnancy.
Yep same here. My meds need increased during pregnancy. I'd have your thyroid checked again.

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #22
sma123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have both hypothyroidism and gestational diabetes and your symptoms sound more like hypothyroidism to me... I have my thyroid levels checked monthly by my perinatalogist and have had my medication increased multiple times w/ each pregnancy. Pregnancy can push you over the edge if you were prone to it or borderline before. I'd demand to be rechecked or find a new doctor.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #23
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sma123
I'd demand to be rechecked or find a new doctor.
I agree. What kind of practice can't find 15 minutes for a pregnant patient with concerns in a week? So what if every thing turns out fine (which I hope it does!)?

If you do get an an appointment, make sure to tell the doctor what you had to go through to get an appointment. S/he may have no idea what their staff is up to. If you don't get the kind of response that makes you believe you are important, move on to another practice.

I left my 1st ob at 16 weeks and ended up being so much happier with new dr. It was upsetting at the time, but better to know you're "just a number" before it's too late.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #24
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
Thank you all for the responses. I have. 930 appointment tomorrow with my PCP. not linked with the obs office. If something turns up I will certainly be letting someone know that they dismissed it and wanted me to wait a month.

I pray everything is okay. But it would be nice to think something is causing all these symptoms and not just me!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #25
TNT46131
Registered Users
seller

Yes, diabetes is linked to vision loss. Just my experience from working in the medical field (CNA) with people with diabetes.
TNT46131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #26
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
according to the eye doctor. I lost a lot of vision in my left eye. Even with contacts in I can barley see. I can read and make out words but its so blurry it causes headaches. mind you this all happened in 2 weeks!
My right eye lost some vision but not as bad as the left one. I also developed a lazy eye when I was 6 months old. I had surgery when I was 2 to correct it. And now its back...(24yrs later)
Old 01-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #27
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Any updates?
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #28
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you had your B vitamin levels checked? I know that's a common problem with a vegetarian diet. Also I would absolutely NOT worry about salt intake. I think it's almost malpractice to tell pregnant women to limit their salt intake. Your body needs more salt to help produce the extra fluids and blood volume needed for pregnancy. I know you said that you're not limiting it, but I just wanted to address that because I think it's a huge problem with advice given to pregnant women.

I would add in a bunch of free-range eggs and shellfish. You can also just eat the egg yolks, and that way you're getting the majority of the nutrition and not as much filler. I mix egg yolks into anything- milk, coffee, hot chocolate, tea, you name it. If the eggs are high quality, they are a super source of nutrition and they don't taste "funky".
Old 01-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #29
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi View Post
isn't weight gain, being cold all the time, and being super tired all signs of diabetes? maybe you have gestational diabetes???? BTW i am no where near a doctor, lol. I am probably way off it is just what popped in to my head when i read your post
This!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #30
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

2 things that scream out to me are thyroid (so you would need iodine or sea kelp asap) or you could be diabetic. 3rd I would say anemia. all require blood testing.
but you could do the salt first while waiting for an appt.

if you cannot get into the obgyn, just call a regular dr as they handle that anyway or go to walk in clinic. I would not wait.