Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2013, 06:31 AM   #11
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: accountability

I'll join. I am working on an overhaul in a week. I have finished the dining room (only has a table LOL), kitchen, Living Room, hallway and laundry closets, craft/computer room, big bathroom, and the outside toys and yard equipment. I just have the bedrooms and garage left, oh and the kids papers in the coat closet. I have everything ready to donate in the dining room and hope that I can take it all on Saturday. We'll see. I am getting rid of the treadmill because I would rather walk/run outside, but I am having a very hard time getting rid of my glider. It has been kicked out of the livingroom to the office but it is rather large for in there. I WOHM so I have to give some grace time because you never know how long my work day can be.

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #12
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Here is,what I've got it down to

this is what I'm going to free cycle or craigslist

I'm figuring out what to do with the tools and accessories. I'm think something like a bead container or spice rack/jars for all the little notions. I've got a lot of tools I'm not willing to part with, but could be downsized. And lots of larger notions like elastics and velcros, zippers, that can be downsized too. Have one large thread box with nothing but thread now, will be looking for alternatives to downsize thread into. Have a bunch of ribbons I plan on using up soon, a little more fabric to discard. Would love an alternative to one large tote, too.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #13
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Great job.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #14
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

Awesome job. I'm ashamed at my sewing stuff. I need some of your sewing purge motivation.
Due with #2 2/14/16
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #15
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great job. This is one of my tough areas too, but I have not gotten to it yet. I think like PP said I need to figure out how much of this is my fantasy self and how much of it is really needed. I haven't sewn for pleasure in a long time, but I do haul out the machine/tools/materials to repair things or do other crafty stuff that requires fabric. And my DD wants to learn how to sew. So FWIW I have about the same amount of stuff you have in your before pic and it needs to be overhauled as well. And like you I can part with fabric easier than notions. I have tons of velcro, elastics, snaps, zippers, binding tape, etc and I have trouble purging it.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #16
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
I was able to get rids of the fabric that was given to me- no problem. I had no attachment or project in minds so it was easy to part with. The stuff that I bought myself, especially for kids stuff, was harder. I kept seeing it and thinking 'i bought this to make them vests'or 'i might still be able to make that matching purse with these scraps!' I may start giving myself deadlines or challenges. Sit out5 projects and if they aren't done by end of year, purge them. ,

Notions are easy to justify because there small. As long as I can keep them organize, I'm hanging on to them for now.

Thanks for all the encouragement! Igor motivated by posting the pictures, but list steam yesterday. Too much to do!

Last edited by elizabeth.scalf; 01-04-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #17
ACSNMama
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08
seller

I rarely use my sewing machine. I have hopes to in the future. I will keep it, I guess. However, I do plan to just box it up for now. Once we move into a larger place, or once my youngest isn't always in my hair and I have time to make a quilt, I guess I'll get it back out. It's just a huge pain to get it out, set it up, and so on at this point. I'm overwhelmed with a ton of other things like crocheting projects I want to do, homeschool planning, etc, I just don't have enough time in a day. In fact, I want to get rid of the plastic drawer unit all my sewing items are in, so the only way to do that, is to purge. I don't know what else to do, unless I get rid of the shelving unit we have in our closet and keep the drawers instead (which would actually free up a ton of space!

ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #18
eljube112
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

great job!!

We're expecting #5! "Quinn" coming July 2014!

eljube112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #19
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
I've got it purged some but now I have to figure out what to do with it. In to be honest about how much I sew. I typically don't take the time to lay out fabric and patterns and cut and everything, it's more like whipping up some quick bean bags or a pillow or stitching some elastic to make a head band. I'm thinking about turning our guest closet into a sewing niche. Its about 5x5 maybe smaller. I'd love to put one of these on the wall
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
Or something like it but a tad larger. With a little cabinet above it for notions and something below to store the fabric. Not a tote, maybe something with some shelves and drawers. A shelf with a stack of folded fabric would look so cute.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:22 AM   #20
clothlover8
Registered Users

My Mood:

Awesome job!!