Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #11
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme

There is more cargo room in the Ody (including a well- not just flat like the Pilot) but IMO more comfortable seating for 8 in the Pilot. There is something like half the cargo room in the Pilot but since you only have 2 children- you could probably lay the back row down in either vehicle providing for plenty of cargo room. I like that the Ody doors slide- so less chance of the kids banging doors into neighboring vehicles in a parking lot. My husband is loving the 4WD on the Pilot with all the snow we've had recently. I also like the built in shades in the windows of the Ody.
I'm not sure if that helps- I guess you have to decide which features you prefer.
Thank you for that. The third row will always be laid down no matter which vehicle unless we have people in town visiting. We road trip and move a lot and have an 80 lb dog so that's where the cargo room comes in. I would prefer the sliding doors to the traditional doors of the Pilot. We don't need 4wd for any reason but we still like the Pilot. Super tough decision!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #12
BubBubsMom
Registered Users
Formerly: TaReeses
seller
seller

I have a pilot and we use a complete air in ours
BubBubsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #13
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you have a Honda Odyssey or Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
Thank you for that. The third row will always be laid down no matter which vehicle unless we have people in town visiting. We road trip and move a lot and have an 80 lb dog so that's where the cargo room comes in. I would prefer the sliding doors to the traditional doors of the Pilot. We don't need 4wd for any reason but we still like the Pilot. Super tough decision!

Your dog might be more comfortable in the well in the Ody. With the third row laid down in the Pilot the floor is just flat and it would be a lot of space that would make it difficult for the dog to be able to brace against anything for turns and such- I'm not sure if that makes sense.
The 2WD Pilot would be less expensive and would be better on gas consumption.

My DH suggests you buy one of each like we did!
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT

Last edited by 4boys1girlforme; 01-03-2013 at 06:09 PM.
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #14
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme

Your dog might be more comfortable in the well in the Ody. With the third row laid down in the Pilot the floor is just flat and it would be a lot of space that would make it difficult for the dog to be able to brace against anything for turns and such- I'm not sure if that makes sense.
The 2WD Pilot would be less expensive and would be better on gas consumption.

My DH suggests you buy one of each like we did!
Haha! I wish. DH would never part with our Scion xB (which we just paid off last month )

More great input thank you! That's a good point about the dog.

hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #15
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I have an odyssey touring and have 3 radians, love the fit
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #16
BubBubsMom
Registered Users
Formerly: TaReeses
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked

If the third row is laid down you have lots of room for your dog, if it's not, he won't fit back there in the pilot. We love our pilot!
BubBubsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #17
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
I have an odyssey touring and have 3 radians, love the fit
This is us

I am about to add another carseat in April
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #18
IsabelsMama
Registered Users
Formerly: k***11
seller

We have a 2007 Pilot which we paid off in March of last year and we love it! Currently 5yo DD is FF in an Evenflo Maestro behind the passenger, 3yo DS is RF in an Evenflo Triumph behind the driver, and the third row is always laid down for the stroller, cargo, and sometimes the 50 lb golden retriever! I personally don't feel that the vehicle fits 8 comfortably (we have done it but the people who have to climb and squeeze in the back row are always lightheartedly complaining about how tight the fit is) and we also don't have high hopes of fitting three carseats across the second row when another baby arrives, so our plan is to sell the Pilot and buy a minivan (likely an Odyssey but keeping our options open) when we have a need to transport 3 kids in carseats. The best to you in your decision!
BF'ing and pumping, CD'ing, babywearing, semi-crunchy, circ'ing, vax'ing, extended RF, non-cosleeping, married to DH for 8 yrs, WOHM (love my job but miss my kids during the day) mama to Isabel 12-24-07, Josiah 01-29-10 born at 32w, and missing my angel baby Abigaile Grace 11-26-12 born at 23w. My blog about our journey through this loss.
~1 Thess. 5:16-17~
IsabelsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:12 AM   #19
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I drive an Odyssey. My favorite is the TrueFit. I like Britax seats in there too. I like the Frontier with latch, but the seatbelt install is tricky in the captians chairs. I like the Evenflo Triumph Advance FF, but RF needs a towel/noodle.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #20
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsabelsMama View Post
We have a 2007 Pilot which we paid off in March of last year and we love it! Currently 5yo DD is FF in an Evenflo Maestro behind the passenger, 3yo DS is RF in an Evenflo Triumph behind the driver, and the third row is always laid down for the stroller, cargo, and sometimes the 50 lb golden retriever! I personally don't feel that the vehicle fits 8 comfortably (we have done it but the people who have to climb and squeeze in the back row are always lightheartedly complaining about how tight the fit is) and we also don't have high hopes of fitting three carseats across the second row when another baby arrives, so our plan is to sell the Pilot and buy a minivan (likely an Odyssey but keeping our options open) when we have a need to transport 3 kids in carseats. The best to you in your decision!
Keep in mind that in 2009 they redid the Pilot and made it bigger.
http://www.sfgate.com/cars/article/2...re-3280127.php
We can fit 3 car seats in the second row and we have had 8 in our Pilot many times. I would recommend the 3 in the back row be mostly children though. In the 2nd row right now in dh's Pilot we have a FF Radian outbaord, a RF MA70, and either my almost 13 year old son or myself and I'm 5'10" and can fit quite comfortably.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote