Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2013, 06:18 AM   #11
toutoute
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone cloth diapered twins?

I would get some preemie prefolds and premie covers since newborn tend to be small. I would also get some preemie nana bottoms since those are cheap enough.

I had a 5lbs baby and the xs bg did not fit and gap at the legs until 7lbs and the newborn prefolds were too bulky.

Where did you get the xs elbees???

Congrats and Good Luck

Advertisement

toutoute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #12
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toutoute
I would get some preemie prefolds and premie covers since newborn tend to be small. I would also get some preemie nana bottoms since those are cheap enough.

I had a 5lbs baby and the xs bg did not fit and gap at the legs until 7lbs and the newborn prefolds were too bulky.

Where did you get the xs elbees???

Congrats and Good Luck
The elbees are coming from a friend. I'll ask her.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #13
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks for the suggestions ladies. Premie diapers here I come. I never in a million years thought I'd be buying those!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #14
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used cloth on my twins. They were 6lbs 1oz and 5lbs 8 oz. you will be lucky if 10 dipes from your current stash will work on a nb approximately the sizes my twins were.

Your nb mutts will probably offer the best fit out of what you currently have available. You will have to fold down the fronts of your nb workhorses which will make them oddly bulky - but I think you can get them to work if you have to.
These from your stash will not fit a typical nb twin - xs elbee, infant pfs, nb BG, NB alva, none of your covers will fit, & probably not your nb sticky peas.

Your Lil joeys & xs fuzzi buns may or may not work??? The Xs Fuzzi Buns fits best on 7-8 pounders with a little chunk - the legs holes will likely gape a bit on a nb twin. And a lot of people have problems with lil joeys leaking & fitting odd, they definately have a bulky bubble look.

I definately suggest NB disposables which you will also be folding down the fronts of for some time. If you have pf experience preemie Megaroos would be nice, otherwise I DO NOT recommend pfs for twin NBs. When it comes to covers bummis super lites work well for most 6 pounders over preemie sized diapers. NB and preemie nanas bottoms aios are great for smaller babies, I HIGHLY recommend them!

I have found that most weight ranges provided for main stream cloth diapers (like BG, fuzzi bunz...)exaggerate by about 1.5 - 2 lbs, so if a nb diaper suggests it will fit from 6-12 lbs it probably won't really fit most babies until they are closer to 8lbs.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #15
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dp

Last edited by raymark; 01-03-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #16
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
What about these:

http://www.kanga-care.com/Rumparooz-...nts_p_132.html
Old 01-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #17
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05 View Post
I bought a couple of them for our 'trying for twins again' stash. I did not have any to use back in '09 when our first 2 were born, so I am only going off how they look fresh out of the package. They look like the legs do get really small but like they would be pretty bulky & have a lot of extra fabric in the butt when snapped down all the way. I don't care if I can't use mine for the first couple months - eventually they will fit. They are not as small & trim as my nb super lites.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #18
holocene
Registered Users

No tips, but congratulations!
holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #19
ashleyg103
Registered Users

my twins will be 7 months old and i started using cloth on them at 4 months old. At first I started will all one size pockets, they were a little big even at 4 months old but now they look normal. I have some stuff in the mail right now but once everything gets here I think I will have a good stash and I wash every other day.
34 os pockets (charlie banana, diaper safari and bg 4.0)
6 grovia ai2 but i use them as aio
18 prefolds
4 sbish snapless
2 thirsties covers
4 wool soakers
If we ever have extra money I would love to add some more fitteds
ashleyg103 is offline   Reply With Quote