Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
momgoddesswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So Frustrated

I had to post I'm just so frustrated. We are members at the local YMCA, today I took the kids and put the baby in the sitting while I went to workout. When we go I put him in disposables, just to make it easier on the girls there and so none of my diapers gets lost.

Well I dropped him off and worked out for about an hour. When I went to pick him up he was in the exersaucer and had obviously been crying for a while, I figured he was just having a little bit of separation anxiety and hopefully he hadn't cried the whole time. While waiting to pay I notice a smell and look down to find his whole backside is covered in poo.

He had obviously been in it for a while and I bet the exersaucer is full of it now. We never have blowouts with our cloth and I guess I'm just frustrated because they obviously just left him in his poop, didn't notice or didn't want to change him, but so why am I using disposables if they are not going to change him anyway?

Next time should I just send him in cloth? He will be much happier and I highly doubt that we would have a blow out again even if they just left him.

Advertisement

"It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.~John Wooden"
ISO: WCW cuffed longies or bloomers size Small
momgoddesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
jojoreta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: So Frustrated

That would make me mad. I would actually contact the head of the childcare and let them know what happened. First off it's gross to leave a kid in a poopy diaper and second why did they leave him in the exersaucer for so long?!
jojoreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
newtocloth2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would also talk to someone about it. Leaving a child in a poopy diaper is not acceptable.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah I would say something. How many kids are they letting sit in poop each day ya know? :/

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
cuddlebunny_24
Registered Users

I would complain first of all. I used to work for the local YMCA where I live and if we ever did anything like that it would be the last time we worked with the kids. It is part of their job to change diapers when they are needed. They also should not have just let him sit in the exersaucer if he was crying, especially if he had been crying for an extended period of time.
cuddlebunny_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #6
momgoddesswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

See I wondered about saying something about it but wasn't sure if I was just over reacting because of having to clean up the huge mess and being frustrated with the blow out issue.

I think I will say something next time we go. This woman was a different woman from the other times he's been, almost all the ladies know him there and they all love him I can't see one of them doing this. They normally come get us if he's crying for too long.

"It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.~John Wooden"
Old 01-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #7
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

At my gym they won't change any diapers, they just come get you. I would talk to them and tell them to get you if he needs a change and then use cloth from now on.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #8
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would complain. Have they changed his diapers before? If they have I would continue to bring sposies for them. If they don't change dipes I would just put him in cloth and have them call ur cell when he needs a change.

Go you at the GYM!!
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:06 AM   #9
momgoddesswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post
I would complain. Have they changed his diapers before? If they have I would continue to bring sposies for them. If they don't change dipes I would just put him in cloth and have them call ur cell when he needs a change.

Go you at the GYM!!
They have changed him before I normally change him just before I bring him in the room though and since I'm only gone for 1hr max he usually never goes anyway.

I think I might just put him in cloth from now on and just ask that they come get me if he needs a change. It will be more comfy for him anyway since he gets rashes from disposables and HATES being in them, seriously they even noticed in the NICU that he would complain to high heaven as soon as he peed even a tiny bit in a disposable but with the cloth on he was fine. That's what got them to agree to use the cloth there.

Going to the Y is my escape, LOL, it gives me a little time to myself. Thank god the sitting is only .50cents per half hour it gives me motivation to go, that and the good coffee they have.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:19 AM   #10
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momgoddesswife View Post
They have changed him before I normally change him just before I bring him in the room though and since I'm only gone for 1hr max he usually never goes anyway.

I think I might just put him in cloth from now on and just ask that they come get me if he needs a change. It will be more comfy for him anyway since he gets rashes from disposables and HATES being in them, seriously they even noticed in the NICU that he would complain to high heaven as soon as he peed even a tiny bit in a disposable but with the cloth on he was fine. That's what got them to agree to use the cloth there.

Going to the Y is my escape, LOL, it gives me a little time to myself. Thank god the sitting is only .50cents per half hour it gives me motivation to go, that and the good coffee they have.
so, what time do you want to meet there today? bring your guest pass, lol.

I say that because it sounds like this is a one off. I would absolutely mention it to the head. No one wants their baby crying or sitting in poop- reasonable expectation to say the least- I, too, would be furious. (maybe he really did it 5 minutes before you got there? and he can't stand disposables? and someone was new with their hands full and was working their way over? { I couldn't get my own son in to daycare everyday before he could blow out of the required sposie-- and I waited until the last second- my coat on at home- to put a sposie on and get him in the car} I'm guessing no, just trying the flip side... I know my kids could make a royal mess as soon as they did poo- could have been uncomfortable and wiggling... BUT follow your gut- you were there, you know what you saw.) Take him in cloth and reiterate to just call you!

Last edited by c&w's mama; 01-03-2013 at 05:23 AM.
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote