Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
kelly679
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am a cloth diaper snob. . .

We're blessed enough to go on vacation, and plan to cloth diaper on vacation. But we need some sposies for the babies for the night before we leave and the plane ride. Baby J has to have the really expensive diapers. $12 for 36 diapers! My special needs 4 year old will need to be mostly paper diapered because she wont poop in the potty or tell you when she has pooped. No diaper sprayer and her poops are huge and sticky. (bleh) 2 packs of pull ups on sale $16. OMG. Thats a flip trainer for my 4 year old, and a niki's AIO for baby J! I'm such a cloth snob it killed me to buy the sposies!!! I had no idea how much i've come to love cloth, its kind of ridiculous!

Anyone else like this???

(by snob i mean cloth only. We use everything. AIOs, Pockets, prefolds, flats, blanket flats, everything)

Advertisement

kelly679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I am a cloth diaper snob. . .

Me! Between the 3 kids we have been CDing for 5.5 yrs nonstop and haven't used a sposie since 2007 and even then we went through 3 small packs at the most. DD 1 and DD 2 I haven't put sposies on and would rather hand wash flats then use paper diapers lol
Old 01-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

LOL - on one of our trips to HI I brought AIOs. We were staying with family, but nobody on the islands has dryers LOL & they weren't drying, so we went to the laundromat. Well, we were wasting a ton of time waiting for laundry & the local paper had an ad for a diaper service. I refused to buy disposables, but didn't want to waste more time washing diapers, so we arranged for 2 weeks of diaper service. For the amount I payed, I could have bought the diapers and KEPT them! I look back on that now - 5 yrs later - and feel pretty darn stupid!

On the flip side - 17 years ago we went to vegas for my sister to get married. I ran out of cloth diapers. Like an idiot (yeah, I act like an idiot a lot),I searched & searched for somewhere to buy more (in vegas. yeah, I'm that dumb!) or do laundry, but ended up buying huggies. My DS screamed & screamed - til we put a hand towel on him as a diaper! LOL! My DS was more snobby than me! LOL!

So, I say as long as your kids aren't insufferable snobs, buy the disposables & be happy! LOL!

Last edited by ~*~Sunflower~*~; 01-02-2013 at 09:47 PM.
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:07 PM   #4
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My dd has severe reactions to disposables.
At thanksgiving like an idiot I forgot my diaper bag at home. It just about killed me to spend $20 on a package. All the time thinking that that money could have gone to new fluff.

To make matters worse we only got through 2 out of the pack and her whole bum looked like a sunburn. I gave the rest of them away.
mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #5
starbeam
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

when my mom visits she always buys a pack of sposies to use and always has sposies at her house for when we go there (we live 4 hours apart). i figure i should let her since she acts like trying to use cloth is the end of the worl and she's paying for the sposies, lol, but it still kills me to see her waste that money and to think of those diapers in the landfill!! i have been working on creating a stash of fitteds so it's easier and maybe she'll be willing to use them...we had all prefolds and that really intimidated her!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #6
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

I just went to Target yesterday to buy sposies and baby food (I make ours at home). I about died at home much cash I dropped on those two things. Insanity. My dh even commented on how overpowering the smell of sposies is. Yuck yuck yuck. I can't wait to get back home and get my baby back in her cloth!
yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #7
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

We use sposies at night but I always hate buying them. I then get lazy and send them to daycare. I'm not saving any money.

I recently was holding a family members baby and he reeked of luvs. The smell lingered for awhile on me.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:00 AM   #8
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogamama28 View Post
I just went to Target yesterday to buy sposies and baby food (I make ours at home). I about died at home much cash I dropped on those two things. Insanity. My dh even commented on how overpowering the smell of sposies is. Yuck yuck yuck. I can't wait to get back home and get my baby back in her cloth!
Oh yuck, I forgot about the smell of sposies! We haven't had to use them in over a year and a half since baby was a newbie. I'm not opposed to sposies, but the need just hasn't come up. Just thinking about the smell makes me want to stay away from them! Maybe I'm a cloth snob too.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:41 AM   #9
Cdra
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think I've become a snob in the last year of cloth diapering. My mil bought a big box of target brand sposies for my 3 yr old to wear at night. I instantly thought the money could have gone towards a night time fitted. Anytime we spend money unnecessarily I think it could have gone towards fluff. I took my kids out to breakfast New Year's Day. The bill was $35. I told my 12 year old that could have been a new diaper. He thinks I'm crazy. Lol.

I've also become very picky on diapers overall. I look for nip or euc when I buy and prefer to buy new from retailers/wahm. I love new fluff.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:00 AM   #10
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

Ugh... Dd woke up this morning soaked. We haven't had a cloth nighttime leak in ages.
yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote