Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
MommaRhi
Registered Users
Co-Op Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:
What are some good prefolds?

Besides GMD, what other pf's are out there that are good? I'm not a huge fan of pf's but I am getting some for fill-in's on my stash of nb and small sizes.

Also, what about good covers that will fit the pf's completely? I have for nb size right now a Lovey Bums fleece cover, Tweedlebug, Thirsties duo size 1 and I think 1 more but I forget what it is. Is that enough for nb size considering that I also have AIOs and nb size pockets?

For small covers I have the Thirsties duo size 1 a few Proraps and a Bumkins.

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
Khaag55
Registered Users
seller

We have tried a few different brand of prefolds but always go back to GMD, so I'm no help there. For covers we really like wool and flips. That's all we use cover wise
Angela~mama to B(5/09) M(11/11) #3 6.11.13
Khaag55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What are some good prefolds?

I like Bummis, Diaper Rite and just bought some Oso Cosy that look really nice.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #4
starbeam
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

imagines are good. i like thirsties sized covers...they're my new favorites, and wool pull-ons. i don't like wool on NBs though because they poop so frequently and it's so runny it gets on covers too often and wool is a little more time-consuming to wash/dry. fleece pull on covers are awesome for NBs....I got some great ones on Etsy (oceanbabies) for like $4 each and the have a high rise and low legs, which is great for prefolds
Old 01-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #5
MomBecks
Registered Users

Imagine, Diaperite, and OsoCozy Better Fit prefolds are all good quality and similar sizes. And for covers Sweet Pea has a newborn cover that looks good. Also Blueberry mini and of course Bummis.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #6
philenabean
Registered Users

I love my GMDs. I used Thirsties size 1 for orange and yellows, but preferred the sized Thirsties when DS was small. I had a lot of covers, including wool, but I should have just stuck with Thirsties. Now that DS is bigger (6 months and 20 lbs) I love Flip covers and Fluffy's covers over trifolded yellow edge GMDs. Awesome fit and absorbancy. I tried cheaper prefolds and jst didn't care for them.
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #7
disneylindsay
Registered Users
seller

I just got some Yellow edged Imagines, and they are awesome...right up there with the gmd's in my opinion!! I'm thining about getting some of the next sized up just to have on those days when I want to stick a prefold on and go coverless!! I had initially bought these to stuff my pockets with since I am getting rid of all my MF . But I tried one out today and tested my snappi'ng skills again, and voila !! I feel like a pro again...I have for so long been into fitteds and wool or pockets, I hadn't snappi'd in a while. I love my GMD's though, but the imagines are close for me!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #8
MommaRhi
Registered Users
Co-Op Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbeam View Post
imagines are good. i like thirsties sized covers...they're my new favorites, and wool pull-ons. i don't like wool on NBs though because they poop so frequently and it's so runny it gets on covers too often and wool is a little more time-consuming to wash/dry. fleece pull on covers are awesome for NBs....I got some great ones on Etsy (oceanbabies) for like $4 each and the have a high rise and low legs, which is great for prefolds
I searched and couldn't find a store named oceanbabies on Etsy, but I found other stores that carry fleece soakers. They are easy to get on and off w/ poop without getting it all over?

Where do you get Imagine prefolds?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #9
MommaRhi
Registered Users
Co-Op Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

I found the Imagine ones at Nicki's diapers. Are they the "Smart Fit" ones or the bamboo? they have the small/infant ones as green edged, which is the ones I'd need that would compare to the yellow edge GMD right?
http://www.nickisdiapers.com/imagine...ers-dozen.html

I'd like the organic but they are out of stock there. Does anyone else sell them?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #10
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't find much difference between brands (never used GMD) but I do like the diaper rite ones alot at diaperjunction. I've heard good things about the imagine ones at nickisdiaper that are less $$ and the ones at cotton baby.

Whether that is enough covers depends on how many prefolds you plan to buy and whether you plan to pin/snappi. It's generally recommended 1 cover for every 3 or 4 prefolds maybe every 2 if you are going to tri-fold instead of snappi.

If you are going to not use them much you may be able to get away with more prefolds per cover, but you will need to interject them throughout the day and possible hand wash if needed - vrs saving them all until the very end.

You could also look at that 30-36 changes recommended for a newborn. How many AIO do you have? maybe say 1 cover is 2 changes to get you up to 30-36.

For small its more like 24-30 changes, so same equation.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote