Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2013, 07:52 AM   #11
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What are some good prefolds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaRhi View Post
I searched and couldn't find a store named oceanbabies on Etsy, but I found other stores that carry fleece soakers. They are easy to get on and off w/ poop without getting it all over?

Where do you get Imagine prefolds?
Nicki's has the Imagines

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 08:01 AM   #12
MommaRhi
Registered Users
Co-Op Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

argh my computer just unplugged and i lost all that i typed!! Here is what I have for my nb stash, which is complete now, finally!! Besides the wool longies that will be knitted up for me I have: So far I have 12 newborn Green Mountain workhorse prefitteds, 5 newborn Alva pockets, 2 xs Very Baby AIOs, 2 xs Bum Genius AIOs, 2 Wonderworks AIOs, a Grovia nb AIO, Sbish xs snap less mini and a Kissaluv contour, a nb Simplex AIO and an XS FB. On the way off the FSOT I have 12 orange edged GMD pf's. Oh and I forgot I have an order from HC from Mandi's Menagerie for a nb prefold. So I have a TON of nb diapers!!

XS and small covers include: Lovey bums xs fleece, xs Tweedle Bugs, 2 small Proraps and a small Bumkins, A Thirsties Duo Wrap size 1 and I have an Aristocrat coming for night time.

For small stash right now I have: 4 Dream Eze organic cotton night time diapers, 1 First Class Baby night time fitted, 2 small Fuzzi Bunz, 2 small Bottombumpers, a small WAHM pocket and a small Sandys fitted. 7 small Bum Genius AIOs and a small Ragababe camo print small AIO, a small Mandi's Menagerie AIO, Mandi's menagerie small prefold and I have 2 BG FreeTimes to use as well if they fit him well at that point.

So I probably need more smalls, but I just don't know what to get!

ETA: Once he is big enough for the OS pockets, I have 15 OS pockets that I've been buying here and there.

Last edited by MommaRhi; 01-03-2013 at 08:02 AM.
MommaRhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #13
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With 12 workhorses and 12 prefolds for newborn stage, I think 3 newborn covers isn't going to be enough. I'd say at least 6 min.

sm proraps and sm bumkins I don't believe are newborn size. They def won't fit under cord.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #14
MommaRhi
Registered Users
Co-Op Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have like 40 nb diapers though. I plan on using the AIOS and pockets more often than the prefolds. I bought those as "just in case" i need to wash. I know the smalls aren't for the nb size, I just listed the covers I have thus far for both the nb and small size But the small proraps fit 9-14 lbs and my smallest baby was 8 lbs 7 oz and my biggest was 9 lbs 2 oz, so nb size doesn't fit us for long. lol
Old 01-03-2013, 08:31 AM   #15
MommaRhi
Registered Users
Co-Op Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh and i do have 1 Flip system, so I can use that cover as well if it fits newborns??
Old 01-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #16
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
oh and i do have 1 Flip system, so I can use that cover as well if it fits newborns??
Flips probably wouldn't fit until 10-12lbs. I only see 14 AIOs unless I am counting wrong. So with 3 covers that is like 20 changes. I did miss the wool longies originally though, if you get 3 or 4 of those it will be better.

I only see like 13 AIO and 27 prefolds/prefitteds/fitteds. looks like most of your stash needs covers to me.

If the rest of your covers will be wool I would really shoot for at least 4.

Good Luck!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #17
MommaRhi
Registered Users
Co-Op Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for your help! I guess I need to invest in more covers

I've never used the workhorse ones before, so what would u suggest then? Eventhough my dd was born at 8 lbs 10 oz, she was around 7 lbs 14 oz once we got home. She was in nb size diapers til around 8 weeks old when she hit 11 lbs.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #18
nicolemariep
Registered Users
seller

I'm not super convinced you'll need more covers. With my current new squish I'm using 36 orange-edged GMD prefolds and 5 RaR nb covers. We've been using these since we got home from the hospital and I only have a couple of AIOs that are specifically for the diaper bag. I have never gotten poo on a cover (and he is breast fed and poops a good 10-12 times a day). If you snappi your prefolds (I just use the very basic angel wing fold) you might be just fine, especially since your kiddos tend to run bigger
Old 01-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #19
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have tried many brands and my favorite are diaper rite bleached prefolds from diaperjuntion next in line is imagine ones from nickis
Old 01-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #20
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

I haven't tried a bunch but the bamboo imagine prefolds are awesome! Softer than cotton IMHO. Nicki's is the only one that sells them b/c that is their brand. for covers, I like Flip and Wallypop fleece.

Quote:
I found the Imagine ones at Nicki's diapers. Are they the "Smart Fit" ones or the bamboo? they have the small/infant ones as green edged, which is the ones I'd need that would compare to the yellow edge GMD right?
http://www.nickisdiapers.com/imagine...ers-dozen.html

I'd like the organic but they are out of stock there. Does anyone else sell them?
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote