Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #1
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
It's high time I...

embraced this pregnancy. It's been a crazy ride since I found out and I'm finally letting go. What happens happens. We'll figure it out one way or the other. Though I have no idea how. Come late August or early September we will have a new family member. It's time to stop stressing and give this babe a healthy environment in which to grow and thrive.

So, I'm only 4w4d, but I found out really early that I was pregnant. I have really short cycles.

For all you btdt moms, how do you battle the fatigue in early pregnancy when you have a toddler to chase?

What about prenatals? I took them with my dd, but I have yet to get on any. I need something with low iron or else they make me sick. Any ideas for otc prenatals? Are they absolutely necessary? That's probably a dumb question, but I'm sure some of you moms haven't taken them and had perfectly healthy pregnancies and babies.

Advertisement

pine_apple_goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #2
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: It's high time I...

Good for you! Great conclusion to come to...especially since it's out of your control now. Everything will work out just fine and you'll wonder how you ever survived without that new little one!

I know a lot of moms use the gummy vitamins if they have trouble with others, I'm sure someone will chime in and be more helpful. Please make sure you're taking something though...especially since you said you've cut back what you're eating so your DD can have more.

ES list IDDDSO Gira Diamonds & Stripes ringsling
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #3
WannaBeGreen2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm happy to hear this, Sarah! It will work out for you. I've been sort of following your story as I see you around the boards. I think this new baby is a blessing in disguise and I'm glad you're embracing it now.

I just got a BFP and I'm just a day or two behind you. My baby wasnt planned either, and has a LOT more complicating issues, but I realized I need to embrace, nurture, and love this one too. It's a baby whether I'm ready for it or not!!

I definitely think prenatals are necessary, but I don't know what kind to recommend. I'm the opposite and need high iron.. I'm sure some other mamas with BTDT experience will chime in.

Good luck to you!!

From my iPhone, probably while BF'ing.
WannaBeGreen2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I probably would take prenatal s given the choice again, but only a whole food one, like alive brand. I know what foods to eat, but it's hard to actually do it, particularly the greens. I probably could have used more folate, especially since I was nursing a bunch.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #5
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks everyone. I'm hoping some other mama's chime in.

I'm going to do my best with whatever life throws at me.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #6
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Loved the gummy vitamins with my second pregnancy. I wish I had found them sooner because I only took vitamins half the time due to all the throwing up.

As far as fatigue and toddlers, I honestly don't know how I managed it. My DD1 was 13 months old when I found out. I hardly remember her second year of life because of being sick and tired for 39 weeks of it. It makes me feel horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #7
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Thanks awesome news Sarah! I really think everything's going to fall into place and this baby will be a HUGE blessing to you guys.

Yes I'd def take a prenatal. I prefer source of life prenatals but Im not sure about the iron content... I just know they are a whole foods vitamin. With the gummies, I've heard you don't absorb as much of the nutrients from them as regular vitamins, but I don't remember wher eI heard/read that.

As far as fatigue, Im not really sure. I remember giving up on having a perfect house when I was pregnant with dd though. And embracing spending more floor and couch time with ds.
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #8
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you can't tolerate even the gummy prenatal, but you're eating and healthy, take a kid's vitamin and extra folic acid.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #9
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'll have to hit up the store and see what vitamins I can find. I'll try to stick to a regular vitamin versus the gummy ones. It should say the iron content on the bottle right? How much is considered low iron?
Old 01-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #10
asteiner18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats!! I just received the blood work and had my pregnancy verified. I am super nervous for some reason though. But I know it is in God's hands so I am just going to go with it too! I am soooo excited and was trying for this one but I think reading about everything that can go wrong just has me nervous :/
Angel wife to the love of my life Brandon and mother to Scarlette 5/07 Ruby 1/09 and with #3 due with another sweet daughter in September <3

Angel Murphy Photography
asteiner18 is offline   Reply With Quote