Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Another look at this US gender pic thread...

I had an ultrasound done at 21 weeks. The tech had a really hard time getting the baby into a position to see the gender - took her about five minutes to find it. I was taking the results home in an envelope so I didn't see the screen while she was searching. So when I opened it, it said "boy" and I took her word for it. The pic definitely doesnt look like the potty shots I've seen, but she's the expert. NOW (25 weeks), DH finally got a the package I sent him with the actual picture (he's out of town for the pregnancy) and he is trying to convince me that I need to ask the next tech at my high risk follow up scan if its "still a boy".

So what do you think? Definitely boy or could the blob be something else...? I have no clue what I am looking at other than the arrow pointing to a white blob. =) I guess it couldn't hurt to ask the next tech, but I feel kind of silly asking her if its really quite evident in this picture. You know what I mean?

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Another look at this US gender pic thread...

If that is what you are looking at, the blob, then yeah... it's a boy. However, it looks kind of funky to me... like, I'm not sure that it's actually pointing to the genitals? The upper right body part is confusing to me. Then again, I'm not ultrasound savvy at all, lol.

ETA: I'm having my fourth boy.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

it doesn't hurt to ask your dr.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

My two cents is hands down it looks like the cord to me. I would ask at your next US for them to check again
Old 01-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

looks like my boy us's but it never hurts to make sure if you are going in for another us anyways
Old 01-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
christy24k10
Registered Users

My Mood:
It looks like a cord to me. If I'm looking at it right then head is down legs wide open? Then the blob isn't even in the middle. I would ask again to be sure. I didn't with my second and had a girl expecting a boy. Needless to say we were shocked!!!
christy24k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #7
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by christy24k10 View Post
It looks like a cord to me. If I'm looking at it right then head is down legs wide open? Then the blob isn't even in the middle. I would ask again to be sure. I didn't with my second and had a girl expecting a boy. Needless to say we were shocked!!!
oh wow, I can't imagine!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #8
cristy_1996
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am seeing something shaped like a penis but not the typical turtle both of my boys had...I would double check it!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CristyGriffith
cristy_1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #9
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah, I have no idea what any of that picture is. Haha! I wish I had looked so she could have pointed things out, but it was fun to skype with DS and open the envelope. I guess you all are right, all the tech can say is no, she cant check. Hoping I get my Aunt's friend-she would definitely look for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christy24k10
Oh my! This is the scenario DH keeps imagining since he doesnt see get what he is looking at either. I am really hoping he stays a boy since I just ordered the most adorable $70 boy take home outfits for my new DS and his big brother. Hah!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #10
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

mine you could clearly see round blob and a stick thing out. My sil said that she never saw boy us like mine and she had lots of boys. To me it is hard to say. do you have a different angle pic?