Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Toddler leaks out of EVERYTHING

I have seen wool covers for at little as $8-$10 each. And they really do work well over night if you get a good one. (some are just too loose of a knit or too thin). But the wool allows some of the moisture to evaporate instead of trying to contain a whole night pees in a waterproof cover. I have gone to change my heavy wetter in the morning and I can tell he peed a lot but his diaper is dry and it is so much more comfortable for him.

Wife to Andrew, Mother to Zoe(7), Luke(5), and Henry(3)
Baby lost at 17 weeks June 28th 2013
Baby lost at 15 weeks March 2014
babycat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #12
Registered Users

When I use pockets on my crazy heavy wetter I stuff with 1 bamboo insert sandwiched between two microfibers. Microfiber soaks liquid up really quickly but is very 'squishey' so it leaks easily when there is pressure on it, and bamboo doesn't soak up liquid as fast but it holds it very well.
Before I got the bamboo inserts I used to put 3 microfiber in there and the over-stuffing was causing the leg gussets to leak.

With all that said, my favorite solution to night time leaks is a kissaluvs hemp/cotton fitted with a wool cover. Everything else I've tried ends in soggy crib sheets.
fii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #13
Registered Users

Maybe they're repelling? We had this issue and had to strip and everything has been fine since then. We also started doing a microfiber insert on top of hemp or bamboo, sometimes 2-3 thin natural fiber inserts with the microfiber inside of the pocket.
chickapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #14
Registered Users

Originally Posted by wkocher19 View Post
Medium sbish flats - I haven't used them in a while because they are SO bulky when trifolded and they're too small to pin on her now. I feel like she has to be uncomfortable with much bulk. Makes me think of those huge pads they give you at the hospital after giving birth, lol..

I use BG 4.0, Kawaiis, and Charlie Banana pockets. I'll try using the GMD flats as an insert but I have a feeling it will be the same thing - bunched up in the front and leaking on the sides.
Put that medium flat into your 4.0 at once. I swear actually look pretty trim once you get them on. I've never had a leak with those two together.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote