Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Arrow Why are there so many options!!

I still have a baby k'tan I'll use. I'm looking for a Mai tai and or a Ssc with buckles. I need something that will fit infant to bigger, and fit a thinner me and a broader H. It also has to be easy to put on, daddy friendly. And cool, because my H runs warm and were having a summer babe. Can anyone help me?

And also, if you had to choose just one buckle Ssc or mai tai, what would it be and why?

Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 05:29 AM   #2
aaiya
Registered Users
seller

Re: Why are there so many options!!

I personally like SSCs over Mei Tais (I've had and sold 2 MTs...the strap-wrapping just doesn't work for me...too slow...LOVE me some buckles!).

Of all the SSCs I own or have owned, my current favorite is the Beco Gemini because it's so comfy...but I also like my Ergo (my first SSC love...that pocket is so handy!), and my Pognae (cheap and great for the heat because of the zip-down part that lets the back be just mesh).

I guess it kind of depends on how/where you're going to use it...just around the house? out on errands? are you a minimalist or do you like to carry a bag with you anyway (that would make a pocket less of a necessity)? How are you built? I personally will NOT buy a SSC without an attached chest strap...but DH doesn't care either way because of how his shoulders are built.

If you can, see if there's a babywearing group in your area...see if you can try some on before you decide.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
MomdeIsla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

depending on the age of your baby I would look at the Ergo performance or a kinderpack with koolknit....the kinderpacks come in different sizes for the baby and the wearer....to get the best fit for the baby and the person wearing them....I'm stalking for a kinderpack currently...they are very popular with people that have been baby wearing for a while.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
Frogmama
I sell Great Baby Carriers!:)
Formerly: tlfoster15
sitesupporter
seller

Its kind of like shoes...some work better for certain people than others if you still need help feel free to message me
Frogmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #5
katjoy
Registered Users
seller

one SSC - I don't care for MeiTais since they losen up as you're wearing them. Also, most daddys (I think) would prefer it. MeiTais seem more feminine (to me at least).
katjoy is offline   Reply With Quote