Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
Registered Users
Is this a good deal?

I am new to cloth diapering and don't have a ton of money but my husband and I want to try out a few different styles of diapers. I also am one of those people who tries to get the best deal possible. I have realized that some of these cloth diapers are expensive but want to know what would be considered a "good deal".

I can get 2 brand new best bottom diapers for $25 shipped and 3 x-small fuzzibunz & 2 swaddlebees simplex all used for $43 shipped.

Are these good deals or should I hold out for something better?

I do have some time as baby won't make an entrance until May.

mommy2babybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Is this a good deal?

Do the best bottoms come with any inserts or are they just the shells? It sounds like it might be a good deal, softbums are pricey. The pocket/aio deal seems okay.

I should say that I am not actively buying at this time though. And I'd want the used one is pretty good condition for even that price!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
Registered Users

I think that's a pretty good deal on the new best bottoms, even if you are just getting shells without inserts (I believe they normally run $17-18 at at full price). For the other items, it depends on condition and whether you are getting sized or one size simplex. If in brand new or very good used condition I think that's a good deal, especially if they are os simplex.
penguinande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

it also depends on if the simplex are v1 or v2. And also do the FB come with inserts? And also what condition are they in and make sure you see pics. Seems like a pretty good deal!
Beth - homeschooling, Christ loving mom to Magus '99, Malakai '01, Bastian '07, Jace '09, Step Mom to Seth '95, married to Damon, love of my life!
My last ds is pl'ed!
faiths13 is offline   Reply With Quote