Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #11
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Sleep routine suggestions for almost 5yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpendergraff View Post
Thanks. How old were they and is there a dosage for kids? I took it in high school, but that was an adult dosage.
They were very young....18 months old for one and an infant for another. I started with 1 mg but my kids needed more with their issues. I bet 1 mg would do wonders for you and it is not habit forming like other meds can be.

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #12
FormallyMichele
Registered Users
Formerly c****f
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage
Also, look at some of those Uncle Milton "in my room" lights and maybe there's something that would make her room more magical. Rearrange her room so it's a new beginning. Place the bed so she can see out the door. ETC.
I've tried rearranging her room. Adding in cool stuff like dream catchers (she loves Native American stories) and horses and pictures. No change.

I like your other ideas! Ill give them a try. This afternoon we sat in her room and talked about how we won't be staying longer than 15' min. That Mama needs that time to clean and do chores so she has more time to spend with her in the day----she liked that.

Also, I set aside an extra hour today where we had 1:1 time together. She was behaving better by supper. I think that has something to it too.
FormallyMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #13
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sleep routine suggestions for almost 5yo

We do dinner at 6, bath around 6:45, jammies, practice violin til about 7:30, stories, then books and bed.

A Dream Light (the stuffed pillow pet light thing) helped my son a ton. He's scared of the dark/being alone and he loves his.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote