Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #21
Kmccall08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: General anesthesia for filling cavities

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
My son almost died after anesthesia, so my vote is gas. 5 hours later, he crashed twice and had to be resuscitated. He had difficulty maintaining his oxygen after the procedure (tonsils and adenoids, so about 20 minutes) but we were out of recovery and up in our room when it happened. He hit 32 on the monitors the first time, and 8 the second. He ended up in-patient for a week and on oxygen/monitor while sleeping for three months after. It was a freak reaction, and his 5th time under general, so no one can explain why it happened.
that scares me i am terrified of something like that happening but like you said its just a freak thing and there is very little chance of that, its a tough decision

Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #22
Kmccall08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: General anesthesia for filling cavities

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno View Post
Emma is going under in the end of Jan...she has 6 cavities....the Dr. said we could try in office with a demoral coctail (demoral and phenegran) and gas...but they charge $285 for that and if it doesn't work or she cries AT ALL then we still have to pay for it AND the will require us to do it at the hospital needless to say I felt pressured....but this is our only option and DH didn't want to go 2 hrs away to do it, in case there were any problems. The hospital charge is $2000 for anesthesia plus $250 for the dental work, plus $300 for the "dentist travel fee"
That stinks everything is so expensive but my husband is navy so we have metlife(tricare) so most if not all of it should be covered for us