Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #11
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

Please be careful. I did end up with pneumonia at 30 weeks and was on 2 different antibiotics. Then I ended up on new rest.

Healthy baby and I am all better now at 2 months postpartum.

Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #12
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm all about being med free especially antibiotics when possible but please listen to your doctor I tried to wait out this cold/flu did my natural stuff got tons of sleep and I was almost hospitalized yesterday with URI and pneumonia. Needless to say I'm taking the antibiotics and the steroids and listening to my doctor it was really scary when my oxygen was 94/95 listening to the baby's heart rate drop into the 80's. today after treatment and antibiotics I'm up to 97/98 and baby had solid 150-160 heart rate for the whole NST. I still feel horrible but I figured if baby was moving he was safe but he wasn't really doing that well and sometimes it's better to be safe.

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:24 AM   #13
itiswhatitis1984
Registered Users

My Mood:
Thanks everyone for your advice/care/concern! I went to the dr yesterday and she was surprised that it hadn't settled in my chest because of how I sounded. She said I have a sinus infection but its not as bad as it has been in the past (I had a continual one for over a year.). She discusses treatment instead of just telling you. I told her my concerns about going on antibiotics and she said she will write me a script but she's ok and comfortable with me waiting it out another week. We agreed that if I got worse or wasn't better in a week I'd start taking them. She said the deep hacking cough was from my sinuses draining and irritating my chest. So hopefully in the next couple of days I'll start to feel better. Thanks again!!
itiswhatitis1984 is offline   Reply With Quote