Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #11
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Cutting the cord...

Get your hubby to be your advocate. Make sure he's read the articles, is knowledgeable and adamant about this too. Then you state your preference and if they start being difficult, it's his job to stand up to them. It's hard for you to do when you have just given birth and are dealing with all that. Since you don't know what doctor you'll have before hand, when you get there, do have a birth plan even if they don't read it, mention what happened last time and that you don't want it to happen again and have article with you for them to read. These you need to get them to read before the end of labour of course. Also try to get the nurses on your side. You're probably with them more. Another option, if your friend isn't certified yet, what about having her for a birth companion to help you through labour? She can also advocate for you.

Advertisement

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #12
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cutting the cord...

Baby only needs to be below the placenta if resuscitation is needed. I agree with getting someone to advocate for you, but they will have to be able to really stand up to the doc. My healthiest and most contented baby was our 1st water birth. He was placed on my chest and his cord was not cut. Your doctor is misinformed.