Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #121
twinmomstl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toutoute View Post
I would join too if that is ok. My goal is to read more period.

I just finished "UnWholly" by Neal Shusterman and I loved it. This is book 2 of the unwind trilogy. Highly reccomend it.

My next book (starting today) is Divergent. Everybody beeen talking about this book. I figure I gave it a try.

I will keep checking back. You guys are my motivation. I need it for sure.
I liked that one! Delirium is good too

Advertisement

Working my dream job as NICU Nurse . I have two not so little monsters Dominick and Gavin born 08/08/08 Still TTC #3
twinmomstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:13 AM   #122
vatblack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For the love of reading group! ~JANUARY 2013~ *Join us!*

I am on a 50 page schedule to finish my book in time before it is due at the library. I am doing rather well right now.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #123
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just started reading WARM BODIES. It has been on my TBR forever, but I agreed to write a zombie novel with author friend so I decided I'd read a bunch of them so I could try to come up with some original mythos.

I got sick, so I was too tired to read--I kept falling asleep. LOL
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #124
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I started The Pillars of the Earth last night and am enjoying it so far. I was have held off on reading it so long thinking it would highly religious but it sounds like a book I'd love. I also love long books and mostly stick with historical fiction.

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #125
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalanne79 View Post
I started The Pillars of the Earth last night and am enjoying it so far. I was have held off on reading it so long thinking it would highly religious but it sounds like a book I'd love. I also love long books and mostly stick with historical fiction.
I LOVE that book. My copy is really well worn LOL
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
Old 01-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #126
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalanne79
I'm about half way through it. I really like it so far. It's different than the miniseries though.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #127
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalanne79 View Post
Ooh, I really want to read POTE but it's soo long and I have so many other really long books in line. Maybe I should just make 2013 the year of the super long books on my shelf.

Speaking of long books, I'm well into Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - finally! I've had this book (series, actually) on my shelf for a few years now and am super excited to actually get into it. I think my total books read of the year is going to be very low, but that's because a ton of books I have set aside to definitely read are fairly large books. Ah well. It's just a number.

I've been trying to get into an audiobook, but it's not working. I first tried Mistress of the Art of Death which sounds like a book I'd love, but it requires my attention too much for an audiobook.

So then I put in Wolves of Andover and this one seems to be a better audiobook for me, but I'm only an hour into it.

Earning FREE Amazon.com gift cards using Swagbucks!
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #128
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Finished warm bodies--and now I am re-reading THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH; so I can read the rest of the series. I put it off for a while because I didn't like the idea of so much time passing between the first and second books.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:18 PM   #129
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

I'm still working on Outlander, but slow going because my mom is in town from Texas! My siblings and I surprised her for Christmas and bought her tickets to fly up here and get away for a little bit. She's been really depressed and needed to get away - and meet 3 of her grandkids finally! So I'm only reading a short time at night in bed and I won't be able to finish this one in January. It's great so far though, loving it!

Old 01-31-2013, 01:21 PM   #130
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Oh, and I believe I posted here about starting up a local mom's book club this month. Well we have 11 members and everyone was excited about it. Many didn't post anything to the group wall, but there was a lot of going back and forth, trying to figure the logistics of meeting, book selection, etc so I didn't think much of it. Well now that it's time to pick a "host" for February, it's freakin crickets in the group. I am NOT going to take on the task of choosing a book and being host every single month and I really hope they understand that. It was made clear that it would be rotating between members each month. And hosting doesn't mean at their house because we'll be meeting in coffee shops every other month (odd months just online only). The host just picks the book and comes prepared to steer conversation/discussion if nobody has anything to say. Done ranting, lol. Grr.