Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #21
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: For the love of reading group! ~JANUARY 2013~ *Join us!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfuzzy2 View Post
Hi! I am excited to see this thread! I have always been into reading. Love to read and last year started reading outside my comfort zone. I am continuing this in 2013 as well. I really can't pick out just one book that I liked last year, but first thing to come to mind is Divergent by Veronica Roth and her follow up Insurgent. The are totally not my genre of books, but I really got into them!
So far I have no book going with the holidays. Hoping to get one started this weekend!
I so really want to read Divergent and Insurgent they are on my amazon wish list!!

Advertisement

earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #22
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Hi ladies! I'm joining in for the first time. I have a new year's resolution to read 100 books this year.

I'm reading the same book! I just finished #1 "A Hidden Fire" and I liked it more than I thought I would because I generally don't like vampire stories. The characters were so good though!

I never got into the 'Twilight' thing and don't care for vampire stories either but my mom convinced me to give the 'Elemental" series a go and I stayed up and finished reading "A Hidden Fire" in the same night.
earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #23
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:
I'm currently reading The Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon. It's from her Lord John Grey series, which I find less engaging than the Outlander series, but this on is pretty good so far.

I'm currently taking a break from reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, which I was enjoying. I like that they are all short stories, so I can take a break without ruining the pace of the book.

I recently bought the 5 Mortal Instruments books, and I'm itching to start them.

Some of my favourite books from 2012 include The Book of Negroes, and The Secret Daughter, both of which I read for my book club.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #24
vatblack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Arabesque - I loved The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. I read 3 volumes at once. The first was the originals, then there were comeback short stories and then spoofs that was written at the same time period by other authors. It was great fun.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #25
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque
I'm currently reading The Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon. It's from her Lord John Grey series, which I find less engaging than the Outlander series, but this on is pretty good so far.

I'm currently taking a break from reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, which I was enjoying. I like that they are all short stories, so I can take a break without ruining the pace of the book.

I recently bought the 5 Mortal Instruments books, and I'm itching to start them.

Some of my favourite books from 2012 include The Book of Negroes, and The Secret Daughter, both of which I read for my book club.
I can't get into The Lord John books, but I do agree that The Scottish Prisoner was pretty good.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #26
wmurillo410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm reading men are from mars, women are from Venus. I read a lot of self help books...this one seems really slow...I would like to get help for marriage and how to communicate pproperly with in our marriage out of this book.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #27
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My goal this month is going to be to read two novels. I'm going to charge my Kindle tomorrow. And scan my bookshelf. I should really read something that's been sitting around for too long.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #28
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Joining in! I used to be a reading fanatic, then DS came along. Now I bury myself in my phone instead of getting quality time with my kindle. It makes me sad! In the last month or so I've dedicated myself to reading more often.

I'm currently working my way through the highlander series by Karen Marie Moning. It's just fluff but if it keeps me reading, I don't care.

I like historical fiction, romance, ANYTHING to do with faerie folklore - I swear it could be the worst book in the world and they mention faerie one time and I'm all ENCOR!! No one knows what's wrong with me.

I think this thread is going to do bad things to my already overflowing to-read list on goodreads.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #29
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I forgot to mention the classics are my weakness, especially British. Jane Austen knows me better than I know myself.

That's all. I couldn't leave y'all thinking I'm a literary airhead.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #30
Ashsmama
Registered Users
seller

I would LOVE to join! I LOVE reading!!
I used to read ALL the time before I had kids but the last two years I haven't been reading much.
I should mention, though, I AM a literary airhead.
I like reading teen books and romance.
Romance, mostly by Nicolas Sparks and Sarah Dessen.
I've read SOME classics. But mostly the classics for kids. Such as, Anne of Green Gables, The Secret Garden (my favorite) , A Little Princess...
I don't really like re-reading books I've already read unless I REALLY like it such as Girl, Interrupted.
I used to read AT LEAST 10 books a week before kids.
Now, my goal is 2 a month.
:-)

Last edited by Ashsmama; 01-04-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Ashsmama is offline   Reply With Quote