Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
Bexo
Registered Users
seller

Goals for Today

I'm really lacking motivation today, but my goals are the following:

1. Do dishes
2. Make Beds
3. Empty Dishwasher
4. Do 1 load of laundry
5. Organize hats, gloves, coats, in garage

If anyone else wants to join in with their daily goals, feel free

Advertisement

~Mother to DS1 (7) DS2 (6) & DD (4) & DS3 (2) & due with baby #5 January 2016!
Bexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
smplmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Goals for Today

I was just thinking about starting the same thread! Yay!

Today I moved two large shelving units into the master bedroom. I am keeping everyone's clothes in one place, a shelf for each person. So there is purging going on too. I can't wait to have one area for clothes, no more going to each separate bedroom to put stuff away.

-trying to get all laundry washed, put away, or donated
-purging a few toys

Also in the process of emptying our entire second floor. The play room on the main floor will be a shared room for the older two kids. We don't need as much space as we have and I think the old carpet up there is giving the kids health issues. The only delay on this is that I need dh help to get the beds from up there. So this is a goal for the entire week...or two

-clean up the playroom, which doesn't have much anyways
-move the mattresses down today, they can have floor beds until dh gets in gear
-find 10 items around the house to donate/garbage
Old 02-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

I have goals, the kids have other ideas though =/ & I work as soon as dp walks in the door.

I did some tidying/went through the change table and got rid of all of the too small diapers and clothes. Baby clothing now all fits in one drawer which is nice.

I did dd1s dresser + closet and am finishing up the laundry.
I got her down to 10 shirts (7 long, 3 short), 6 pants, 10 undies,a few sweaters, not sure on socks yet. I haven't managed to get rid of her clothing yet but I put it away (one full laundry basket out of her dresser) & I'm sure a lot of it will go. I'm mostly keeping it for when we have visitors + I get lazy and then mil goes super crazy on my bum & takes dd1 shopping because she neeeeeeeeeeeeeds more ___________ (pj's, socks, shirts, shorts, etc.).
Old 02-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

I have goals, the kids have other ideas though =/ & I work as soon as dp walks in the door.

I did some tidying/went through the change table and got rid of all of the too small diapers and clothes. Baby clothing now all fits in one drawer which is nice.

I'm going to work on having a nice even number of diapers - I'm thinking 8 flats, 6 greenline big inserts, 4 greenline small inserts + 4 hemp doublers, 6 bge's & flip covers, one random fitted, one random piddle puddle or some odd aio & 6 'emergency' prefolds - I need to keep them around for spills & if I get desperate diapers.

I did dd1s dresser + closet and am finishing up the laundry.
I got her down to 10 shirts (7 long, 3 short), 6 pants, 10 undies,a few sweaters, not sure on socks yet. I haven't managed to get rid of her clothing yet but I put it away (one full laundry basket out of her dresser) & I'm sure a lot of it will go. I'm mostly keeping it for when we have visitors + I get lazy and then mil goes super crazy on my bum & takes dd1 shopping because she neeeeeeeeeeeeeds more ___________ (pj's, socks, shirts, shorts, etc.).

Last edited by moonlightblonde; 02-06-2013 at 11:03 AM.
moonlightblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Baby is about to wake up.. so that would be feed the baby, feed the animals, feed the me etc (in that order). I picked up a whole bunch of clear plastic containers from the dollar store and I'd like to get all of the art supplies organized today. They've been sitting there for 2 days.

I also just had a brainstorm last night. We got rid of 2 big pieces of furniture (woot woot) in the living room and went down to a new bookcase from ikea, basically used as an entertainment center. It's been sitting for a week with an explosion of yucky cables as I wait til I can get back there and buy a couple more shelves for it. We don't want to cut any holes for wires until we know for sure where everything is going. Well, the bottom half has doors to cover it, so I realized I can borrow a shelf from there for now to get the top part all situated so we can cut holes for wires and not have a barf of wires everywhere! So I'm hoping to get that taken care of today.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #6
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Finish laundry
Make liquid dishwasher detergent
Finish cleaning garage
Clean kitchen
List juicer on craigslist
Organize shelves and crafts
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The regulars (laundry, dishes, cook meals, home school) and for decluttering I am hoping to go through a dresser I have that has become th junk dresser and really clean it out so I can store diapers and woollies in there!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #8
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Empty huge entertainment center so we can replace it with a much smaller, neater one... Huge step because the it used to be the catchall area for the entire downstairs

Put curtains up in ODS's room (have to mount hardware and everything

Figure out what to do with guest room/office

Get DH to consolidate all his bullets. He has the stashed all over the house.

DH is going to pick up a couple new pieces of furniture that I bought yesterday so we'll place those and hope it turns out as I envisioned.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #9
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Fix the basement.

Actually get the 8 garbage bags OUT of our house.
Organize the pile of stuff to go to my friend the minute someone comes for a visit (darn living 8 hours away, I'm going to be stuck with this stuff until April).
List some things to sell, if I still have them in 2 weeks DONATE!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #10
Bexo
Registered Users
seller

I'm going to try to make the most of being snowed in!

Goals:
*Put together our new IKEA Trofast system for coat/mitten/hat organization
*Fold & Put away laundry
*Vacuum first floor
*Mop Kitchen floor
*Organize Hall Closet
~Mother to DS1 (7) DS2 (6) & DD (4) & DS3 (2) & due with baby #5 January 2016!
Bexo is offline   Reply With Quote