Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #11
fii
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bumgenius, fuzzibunz, kawaii?

I totally agree with trying a few of each type.
My baby's wearing a kawaii diaper in my display pic. At the time that picture was taken, they were my very favorite.

I bought about 10 fuzzibunz and about 20 bumgenuis (all used) when my baby was born. Since then I've resold all my FB already- loved the trim fit, but they don't work well on his chunky frame. They're definitely for slim-to-average frames. And I'm about to sell 1/2 of my bumgenius- the crotch is too wide when I double stuff them (I have to put 2 inserts inside even for daytime or my baby soaks through in under an hour!) but I like the quality and want to hold onto a few for when he's bigger and I suspect they'll be a nice fit one day.

Advertisement

fii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #12
bkanning
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by beginswithb View Post
I didn't like the fit of FBs on my boy. I now love Alvas and get them for about $5/dipe. Friends of mine use and love them and say they hold up as well as their more expensive diapers too. Win-win!
Can I ask where you get them? I haven't seen this brand before, I'd like to check them out. Thanks!
bkanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #13
jojoreta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Fuzzibunz aren't aio's. Actually the dipes you listed are all pockets. If you're looking for aios I would actually look into Nanas bottoms. They're not one size but she almost always has a coupon code that makes each aio around $10 or less and since you have 3 kids the cost would be worth it.
jojoreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #14
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

I'm new to cding. But I have to say I am in love with the for of the fuzzibunz on both my almost 4 month old, and two year old. Wish they weren't microfiber, but now they offer a couple different inserts
Old 01-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #15
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkanning

Can I ask where you get them? I haven't seen this brand before, I'd like to check them out. Thanks!
They are sold directly from china and are found at www.alvababy.com. Their website is a little confusing so spend a minute exploring it and don't be afraid to ask questions. They do call them ai2s but they are actually pockets.

My i-devices are out to get me, please excuse mistakes.

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #16
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Omg, those legging pants are $3 on the Alva site, I literally bought them for $9.99 yesterday on zulilly and they were $24.99 on the original site. What a rip off.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #17
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by champatlife View Post
Omg, those legging pants are $3 on the Alva site, I literally bought them for $9.99 yesterday on zulilly and they were $24.99 on the original site. What a rip off.
This is why I refuse to buy from zulilly. 90% of the did is rebranded and price hiked even on sale.
pottermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #18
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I have fbos. I'm selling few & waiting on another on how many of ones I want more that she has. If she has enough I will be selling all my ones that are smaller ( 20ish). I already found few from one. I like pockets. I have few girl colors & gn/boy rest. I'm waiting on one mama to move to finish that & another I'm gonna buy few... yet third I'm waiting on more.

I think fb good quality & warranty... I had good customer service with fb.

Few of my fb are like from early 2000 or so that were ones that came out that. Have held up for few kids then I bought used & holding up well for me. Easy change adjustable elastics on legs & waist.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #19
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkanning View Post
Thank you! I was thinking I should just buy 2 of each and see how it goes. I did see a package of kawaii diapers on ebay that was 24 diapers at $5.00 a piece. It looks very tempting, but I am nervous to buy so many without trying them out first. I think I will need a large stash. I have read some reviews saying the Kawaii doesn't hold up, that was my biggest reservation. It's nice to hear that they are holding up well for others.

Even with a large stash, I'm sure I'll wash them everyday if possible, I don't like the idea of them sitting around longer than that. With 3 kids in diapers, I'm sure I will have enough for a load every morning .
I wash every other day and usually have about 18-19 diapers in the load, may have a few prefolds in there too. With three in diapers, there's also a better chance that any diaper you try will fit one of them well.

I ended up buying Kawaii diapers on eBay a couple of different times...one time was for the HD2's (which I love the fit on my big guy) and once was for the regular fleece-lined snap diapers. I ended up not liking the snaps as much as I had thought. I had only used three diapers at first and kept the others NIP until I knew if I liked them. I put the unused diapers on Kijiji and sold them within two days for the price I paid for all of them on eBay (so I ended up with three diapers for free!).

I was worried about being stuck with a bunch of diapers that I didn't like, but NIP they sold very quickly. Depending on where you live, you could always chance it and just wash and use a few at first.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #20
lookforward2life
Registered Users

I find the bg greeting I have gives my ds a huge!!!! Butt at 6 weeks. Just barely fits. He is about 12 lbs. Just thinking about your newborn. Also very wide between the legs. Could see them working much better for a bigger baby.
lookforward2life is offline   Reply With Quote