Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #21
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How did you know when you were ready to add another child?

Yeah, I just sort of felt ready to start trying and felt in my gut that it was the right time.

But we also had an idea of the age gap we wanted (about 2 years) so even though our son was only about 16 (?) months old when I got pregnant, and still felt very much like a baby, he had just turned 2 when we had our daughter. It was great timing.

Advertisement

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:55 AM   #22
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was super close with my brother growing up, he was 2 years younger so I aimed for that. My older siblings were 3 years, 6 years, and 10 years older. I wasn't super close with any of them so I've always had it in my head that 2 years was ideal.

We timed conception, so if this baby is born on time they would be exactly 2 years and 2 weeks apart!
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:23 AM   #23
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

We kind of just let nature take it's course with our 4 kids (had them all within 4 years). Baby #2 was a surprise. I did have 2 miscarriages in between the 2nd and 3rd kids and after those, I REALLY wanted to have a baby. The desire was just there and then we got pregnant with #3. #4 was letting nature take it's course.

I like what a PP said about how you aren't ready, you just get ready! haha.

That said, I've HEARD from every mom who has kids 2-1/2 years apart say they loved that age gap! My kids' spacing is a bit intense (not for the faint of heart!). I told DH if we have a #5, I would have liked to try that 2-1/2 year spacing.
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:58 AM   #24
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
I knew, and part of knowing was my daughter's independence. We worked on transitioning to her bed from ours from age 18 months to 24. During that time things got easier for me, I started to relax and develop enough amnesia about life with a newborn. Plus we got our bed back so to speak.

My son is just about 18 months and I know that very soon I'll be wanting to ttc. Unfortunately our baby days are over.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:14 AM   #25
Alaga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSWmama
I wanted two children approximately 2 years apart because that is the difference in age between my brother and I. We were close enough in age to play together, fight, bug each other, etc. Also, I am not that much a baby person and my DS1 was a high needs baby and a part of me just wanted to get the whole baby era of my life over with, though it turns out that DS2 is a lot more easygoing.
Pretty much the same here. We wanted them close-ish together, and they ended up 26 mo apart. I wasn't ready per-se for #2, but you just get ready. I'm also lucky that DS is way more easy going than DD was. We've kept DD on her schedule and in her activities so she's happy, and DS is happy just tagging along (in the Ergo).

And FTR, two in diapers wasn't that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Alaga
Mama to DD "A" 2/23/2010 and DS "L" 4/25/2012
Alaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:16 AM   #26
kanga1622
Registered Users

I was all set to have an only child until DS was weaned at 27 months. About two weeks later DH and I decided we could see us with a second but wouldn't be heartbroken if it never happened. 2 months later we had a BFP!

I love that our kids will be a little over 3 years apart so close enough to enjoy the same things but far enough that DS will hopefully be completely out of diapers and will want to be a helper and independent.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 01-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #27
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

My DS and DD1 are 2 years apart and DD1 and DD2 are 2.5 years apart. I wanted the kids to all be 2 years apart but had a miscarriage between DD1 and DD2.

I always knew I wanted a 2 year age difference- not sure why, but it just seemed right to me.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #28
mkrisel
Registered Users

We just knew. We knew we wanted another and everything just felt right. We had originally said we needed a house first, but were pretty confident we would find a house within the next 9 months . 2.75 years apart so far is great. Our oldest is very independent which is very helpful with a newborn. So far it's great, but the newbie is only 2 months so we'll see as time goes on.
mkrisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #29
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When the test turned positive.

Seriously, I waffle. A lot. I also have been pg 8 times and only have 3.3 living children. Even when I didn't feel ready for the next one, I also knew that I might need a couple of tries to get one to stick. In my head, I always worry that if I waited until I was "ready," I would have children spaced 10 years apart.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #30
Aubrey<3Gavin
Registered Users
seller

Well, we aren't ttc right now but I feel the need creeping back in. DD is 14 months now and i am loving her as a toddler, but i find myself looking at squishy little newbies and wishing we still had one that size. And I am insanely jealous any time someone in fb announces their pregnancy. It is much the same way I felt when we were trying to get preggo with dd. I'm thinking we will prob start ttc this summer.

I'm an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner! http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com

Last edited by Aubrey<3Gavin; 01-06-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Aubrey<3Gavin is offline   Reply With Quote