Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #21
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Re: *UPDATE* I think I need a little support/ encouragement here????

Quote:
Originally Posted by fostermommyJ View Post
Maybe the 4 yr old could nap on the couch or on a pallet in the floor for naps. I don't think it matters where they nap, at least not in NC. They just have to slerp in a bed at night. After all, daycares use mats on the floor for naps...
Yeah that is true! My mom has some of those daycare mats. I could get one. They are finally all sleeping and although it is a late nap meaning a late night I will take it. I need a few minutes of thinking time. The 4 year old fell asleep once the 1 year old was sleeping. That may be what I have to do. 4 year old thinks he has to tell me everything 1 year old does and keeps him up. If 4 year old cant talk to anyone than maybe he will just go to sleep!

I really appreciate your help mama I feel sort of alone in all of this right now. DH has been working all day and my friends IRL don't understand why we are doing this and the problems these kids face. They are not like bio kids after all.

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #22
fostermommyJ
Registered Users

When we got our first two boys, a 13 month old and 2.5 yr old, I used to always put the baby down first, then the older one after the baby was sleeping.
Not that this is related but, BTW, that placement ended in adoption!
fostermommyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #23
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fostermommyJ View Post
Not that this is related but, BTW, that placement ended in adoption!
That is great!

I don't think this will be an adoptable situation. I was told when taking the placement that this was a RU case. I met mom today and she is very adamant that she is getting these kids back and according to the SW's she is working hard to do so. You never can be sure but were not really even thinking about adoption for the time being.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #24
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I hear ya on the nap thing. Trying to sleep two in the same room is a disaster here as well. It would never work for naps. I have to resort to oldest on the couch. At night time though we do the wait until younger one is asleep before older one goes in deal. A lot of four year olds don't take naps anymore though. Unless he needs the sleep maybe just a quiet time on the couch would work? Hang in there. I found that the first days were the hardest as everyone was adjusting to each other and new routines, etc. It gets less stressful a you and the children become more familiar with each other.
sunnymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #25
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah we put the baby in first then the big kid. It is a struggle most days even after 6 months. :/ hows that for encouraging? Lol! He is not a good sleeper at all.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:55 AM   #26
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymommy View Post
I hear ya on the nap thing. Trying to sleep two in the same room is a disaster here as well. It would never work for naps. I have to resort to oldest on the couch. At night time though we do the wait until younger one is asleep before older one goes in deal. A lot of four year olds don't take naps anymore though. Unless he needs the sleep maybe just a quiet time on the couch would work? Hang in there. I found that the first days were the hardest as everyone was adjusting to each other and new routines, etc. It gets less stressful a you and the children become more familiar with each other.
Yeah I told him yesterday he does not have to sleep but he does have to be quiet. He did end up sleeping though and I honestly think he needs to nap. At least until after they sleep better at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post
Yeah we put the baby in first then the big kid. It is a struggle most days even after 6 months. :/ hows that for encouraging? Lol! He is not a good sleeper at all.
Oh mama don't tell me that

Little guy was up until after midnight crying. X-man (4 year old) was up until 10-11 crying. I tried to hold little guy but he wouldn't let me. X-man I just told him it was okay and let it go. He has already displayed that he will manipulate the situation if he can so I can't let him up or we will go through a lot more crying. I feel terrible to let them cry but I dont really know what else to do.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #27
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

These first few days are probably the worst for you but fire them too. They might need extra comfort at this time even if they don't want it or they eventtually won't need it every night.