Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
LoveUsAll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Big Baby

Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone could suggest diapers that are good for large babies. My DD is 4 months old and weights 19lbs. I really need suggestions of covers, fitted, and pockets that won't leave marks on her legs. Any ideas? What do you use with greatest success?

Advertisement

LoveUsAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
LoveUsAll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big Baby

I am completely new to CDing and there is soo much information and reviews that it is hard to follow what is going to work best. Any suggestions would be great!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
LoveUsAll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
revolekim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My boys were both big babies. For covers I like Blueberry Coveralls--they're kind of pricey, but they're OS so you can use them for awhile. They're the only cover that still fits my 2.5-year-old and he wears 4T and 5T clothing. For sized covers, Thirsties and Bummis Super Whisper Wraps run big. I think Bumgenius 4.0's would work for a big baby too. I don't have any that DS wears, but he does wear Bumgenius Elementals.

Liz , wife to Mike and semi-crunchy mama to 4 little ones: Gehrig the Jedi Knight (04/08), Logan a.k.a. "Pigpen" (06/10), princess pumpkin Katie Rose (10/12), and chipmunk Lexi (06/14)
::::::
revolekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
HGrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think BumGenius Flip covers are pretty good at not leaving marks, and they can fit a wide range, I think. As far as a fitted, one that comes to mind that my friend used (and loved!) on her baby who was chunkier is Pianissimo Fitteds- they are super soft (minky outers, mostly) and absorbent
Old 01-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #6
revolekim
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGrace View Post
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think BumGenius Flip covers are pretty good at not leaving marks, and they can fit a wide range, I think. As far as a fitted, one that comes to mind that my friend used (and loved!) on her baby who was chunkier is Pianissimo Fitteds- they are super soft (minky outers, mostly) and absorbent
Flips are too small for my big guy. He hasn't been able to wear them comfortably for about a year. I guess they'd be okay with flip inserts, but we do either prefolds or fitteds.

Liz , wife to Mike and semi-crunchy mama to 4 little ones: Gehrig the Jedi Knight (04/08), Logan a.k.a. "Pigpen" (06/10), princess pumpkin Katie Rose (10/12), and chipmunk Lexi (06/14)
::::::
revolekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:02 AM   #7
McDMom
Registered Users

I have really tall kids. Not necessarily chunky but solid. DD is 2 and is 40 inches tall and 38 lbs. Here are what works for her.
Simplex in large
Basix in Large
Charlie banana in large
OS Simplex (but she's nearly out of those)
Tiny Tush Elite pockets
Megaroo OS fitteds
Guerilla Fluff Air flats in premium (if you're a prefolds kind of mom - bamboo terry is so stretchy)
Capri covers size 2
Diaper Safari covers
Okeo Popo covers
WCW wool soakers in large

BGs (except Freetimes), Grovia, Tots Bots and most other popular OS diapers are too short in the rise and have been for months. Hope that helps.

Last edited by McDMom; 01-05-2013 at 08:04 AM.
McDMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #8
LoveUsAll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Alright, that is awesome. Thank you so much! What do you all think of kissaluvs fitted diapers?