Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
IsabelsMama
Registered Users
Formerly: k***11
seller

TTC After Loss - 2013

Hi mamas!

This thread is for mamas who are currently TTC after loss or are planning to TTC after loss but have not yet started and want support.

Loss would include miscarriage, stillbirth, or loss of a living infant...if I missed anything else please shout out mamas...I don't claim to know every possible situation for having lost a precious little one!

AFM, I have two living children (DD age 5 and DS will be 3 this month). We lost DD Abigaile Grace at 23w1d, on 11/26/2012, she lived 10 hours. I stumbled across the old TTC After Loss thread, have connected with some mamas on there, and several of us thought starting fresh with a new thread this year would be good, as the support from other mamas who have been through loss can be incredibly helpful! I have been so thankful for the incredible support I have found through DS and the wonderful mamas on here, over the years.

So...if you join, please tell us a little about yourself, including any living children, the date of your last loss, and how long you have been TTC since (or if you have not yet started).

to you all!

Advertisement

BF'ing and pumping, CD'ing, babywearing, semi-crunchy, circ'ing, vax'ing, extended RF, non-cosleeping, married to DH for 8 yrs, WOHM (love my job but miss my kids during the day) mama to Isabel 12-24-07, Josiah 01-29-10 born at 32w, and missing my angel baby Abigaile Grace 11-26-12 born at 23w. My blog about our journey through this loss.
~1 Thess. 5:16-17~
IsabelsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC After Loss - 2013

I'm Amy, we lost our baby at 7 weeks on December 7th. I have two girls, Allie is almost 7 and Hannah is 4.5. We never prevented after my youngest, we have been actively ttc for 3 years total. Just got m first AF after m/c so we are ttc now, but we won't jump back into fertility treatments for a month or two. I'm still really struggling with emotions so we've decided to wait until things get easier emotionally.

I'm having a lot of panic attacks, my dh has some anxiety meds so I took a half of one last night which really helped, but it's a class D for pregnancy so I guess I should goin o the dr. And get something safe for pregnancy.
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #3
holocene
Registered Users

Hello,

I'm Evah. I have a 19 month old son, Sam.
We have been ttc for 6 months. I miscarried at 6 weeks on December 11th. I'm yet to get AF, or show any signs of ovulation....

It's been a complete roller coaster, but I'm hopeful that ill be pregnant again soon. I'm sorry for everyone's losses and hope 2013 is all of our years!

Last edited by holocene; 01-04-2013 at 10:16 PM.
holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #4
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm Tina
We have 4 living children and 1 angel whom was m/c'd at 16 weeks in July. We have been TTCing since August with no luck. I wanted an Octobr baby so I'm just praying that not getting pregnant sooner is because I'm destined to have my next baby in Oct. we shall see! CD# 6 for me! I look forward to helping/getting help in this difficult journey!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
NOTWMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yay! So glad to see this thread!

My name is Diana and I am a SAHM to our 2yo DD. We had our first miscarriage on December 26th at 7 weeks. We plan on not preventing for now and then get back into serious TTC in a cycle or 2 (of course we hope for a bfp before then). My Dr has started me on progesterone so I am hopeful that will give us the little extra boost we need
"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD" Joshua 24:15
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3ec49c

Last edited by NOTWMommy; 01-05-2013 at 03:25 PM.
NOTWMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #6
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

I am not sure if this is the place for me right now but id love to join. Ttc and even carrying after a loss is hard. I found after having and losing Ella there wasn't really a place/board here. I found a forum on baby center and have been visiting there but DS is my favorite. .

I have a four year old dd ad a two year old DS. I had a miscarriage after each of them. My third child was born on July 5 (6 months today) at 34 w 5 d. She had trisomy 13 and loved for two hours. We got pregnant in October and miscarried quickly after that (chemical pregnancy?) I got a very very faint positive today at 9 dpo. I'm going to retest in on Monday. This is what happened in oct. faint pos and then mc five days later.

I feel nervous about getting pregnant and going through it all. We found out at 28 w that Ella had trisomy 13. So for a long time I thought all was well. I'm trying to give it to god. My faith is what carries me especially in hard times.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #7
IsabelsMama
Registered Users
seller

So glad to see all you mamas joining up and that this thread will be helpful for many other mamas besides me! Thank you for sharing a little of your stories and please continue to keep us all posted on how you are doing! And reach out to other DS mamas who you might know who are TTC after loss.

AFM - one other thing I forgot to mention is that with my c-section on 11/26, the doc had to do a vertical incision because Abbie was under much distress (HR in the 190's and then would drop into the 50's during contractions) so they had to get her out quickly, plus there was no well-formed lower uterine segment so she could not do a transverse incision. I have read a little about raspberry leaf tea helping with "uterine tone" and I am very much interested in helping my uterus as much as possible before we start to TTC again in a couple of months. Anyone have any experience with raspberry leaf tea or any other herbal/natural things that could help strengthen my uterine scar and ready my uterus for another pregnancy? We have not had problems getting pregnant in the past but obviously it is a different ball game now that I have a scar on my uterus!
BF'ing and pumping, CD'ing, babywearing, semi-crunchy, circ'ing, vax'ing, extended RF, non-cosleeping, married to DH for 8 yrs, WOHM (love my job but miss my kids during the day) mama to Isabel 12-24-07, Josiah 01-29-10 born at 32w, and missing my angel baby Abigaile Grace 11-26-12 born at 23w. My blog about our journey through this loss.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #8
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ugh! A vertical incision! I hear those are no fun. How is your recovery coming along?
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #9
IsabelsMama
Registered Users
seller

You know it has actually been really good. I think it helped that, by necessity, I was up and moving much sooner due to the trips down to the NICU to see Abbie while she was here, and then two days after my discharge from the hospital, I even had a friend come and take me shopping at the Mall of America for many hours because I needed to get something appropriate to wear to the memorial service (a two-week-post-c-section formal black dress is something I did NOT have just lying around!) I really and truly think this walking helped a ton with the healing and after my next c-section (yep, not a candidate for vbac ), I will make sure I am up and moving right away even though I hope and pray I will have a full-term newborn right next to me in my post-partum room and might be tempted to just lie around!) I still have some incision pain and light spotting, but really can't complain about the physical recovery!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #10
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Hi ladies, can I join? First of all I am so very sorry for all your losses.

I'm Jacqueline and I have an 18 month old DS named Jeremiah. I had a chemical back in September, it was my first time ovulating post-partum (15 months), and I had not had my first pp AF yet either. Then in October I got pregnant again. Last month at 11w5d I started to cramp and spot and the following Saturday we went to the hospital because I had horrible labour pains in my back but was barely bleeding. They did a quick u/s and found no HB and my uterus measured really small for 12w. I went in the following day, Sunday, and had a more detailed u/s showing that the baby died around 7 or 8w. I then had a D&C that same day because my body wasn't miscarrying naturally. It has been exactly 2 weeks since the D&C now. I'm still waiting for my body to go back to normal and get my first real AF in over 2 years. I'm not sure if I will be ready to TTC after my first AF, who knows if I will even ovulate that cycle, but we're waiting to see how we (DH and I) feel at that time. I'm taking a Vitex tincture, prescribed to me by my ND, to regulate my hormones. The last few months have been a rollercoaster ride for me. I got pregnant with my son at age 23 without even trying so I took for granted how easy it was for me at that time. I have learned now, that is not always the way things go and I know I will be that much more grateful when I do get pg again with a healthy sticky bean. With that said though, I am very scared to be pg again.