Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
CarolynLeigh
Registered Users

GMD Equivalent or Alternative

I had decided on going with Green Mountain Diapers prefolds and workhorses for baby #3 due in April until I discovered that the shipping costs to Canada are quite expensive. I am now looking for an alternative option that is similar in quality and price. My babies (so far) have been extreme heavy wetters and poop exploders. I like a trim (as possible) diaper. Any recommendations? Thank you!

Advertisement

CarolynLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Check out Imagine at nickisdiapers.com

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 12-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
CarolynLeigh
Registered Users

Re: GMD Equivalent or Alternative

I have noticed the imagine brand, but I remember reading that they aren't as absorbent as the GMDs? I don't know if that is true since I haven't done a lot of research comparing the two brands. Maybe somebody here has some information?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

I went with the imagine brand. Cheaper plus organic and just as good. Cheaper shipping, especially if you stay under a certain weight so that it will still go first class.

GMD will not ship first class.

So just play with your amount in your cart at Nikki's and you can keep shipping at $15 or under. Plus really you do not want to spend much more than $30 anyway as then you can get a post office charge, plus taxes. So I like to stick under that.
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #5
jthibodeau
Registered Users

Thank you for asking this! I was just getting ready to write out the same question!
jthibodeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #6
CarolynLeigh
Registered Users

I just tested out the shipping costs at Nicki's Diapers for the Imagine brand vs. GMD and it looks like it is more expensive (for the fitteds) but less expensive (for the prefolds). Am I missing something or how does this make sense?

$32.95 to ship 28 newborn orange edge GMD Workhorse Diapers (Priority)
$43.65 to ship 28 x-small Imagine Snapless Fitteds (Priority)
$38.50 ($13.40+$12.55+$12.55) to ship 28 (10+9+9) x-small Imagine Snapless Fitteds (First Class, 3 seperate shipments)

$15.95 to ship 2 dozen x-small Bamboo OR Smartfit prefolds from Nicki's (First Class)
$32.95 to ship 2 dozen newborn orange edge Cloth-eez Prefolds from GMD (Priority)

Should I look into buying prefolds from Nicki's and fitteds from GMD? Or is there a better option altogether? Any thoughts or advice?
Old 01-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #7
rchamberlain
Registered Users
seller

DiaperJunction has my favorite prefolds. If you review a product on their page, you get a coupon emailed to you. Not sure if they ship to Canada. I have called them before to get "seconds" prefolds sent to me when they were low on stock of the new ones. Always worth a shot! I did love Cottonbabies Indian Prefolds in the beginning and just folded down the premiums and bikini twisted when my daughter was younger.
rchamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #8
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynLeigh View Post
I just tested out the shipping costs at Nicki's Diapers for the Imagine brand vs. GMD and it looks like it is more expensive (for the fitteds) but less expensive (for the prefolds). Am I missing something or how does this make sense?

$32.95 to ship 28 newborn orange edge GMD Workhorse Diapers (Priority)
$43.65 to ship 28 x-small Imagine Snapless Fitteds (Priority)
$38.50 ($13.40+$12.55+$12.55) to ship 28 (10+9+9) x-small Imagine Snapless Fitteds (First Class, 3 seperate shipments)

$15.95 to ship 2 dozen x-small Bamboo OR Smartfit prefolds from Nicki's (First Class)
$32.95 to ship 2 dozen newborn orange edge Cloth-eez Prefolds from GMD (Priority)

Should I look into buying prefolds from Nicki's and fitteds from GMD? Or is there a better option altogether? Any thoughts or advice?
That's kind of bizarre. I'd send an email to each place outlining what you want and asking what they can do for you in terms of shipping... I've gotten insane shipping quotes from shopping carts sometimes (not for diapers, but for other things) and have gotten a much more reasonable shipping price by contacting the retailer directly.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #9
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Aren't there any canadian retailers you could buy from? Osocozy is a great option too.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #10
leftshoe2
Registered Users
seller

Good to know all if this...I love GMD, too...I will check out Imagine
leftshoe2 is offline   Reply With Quote