Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How many mamas skip newborn diapers?

On my last one, I skipped newborn diapers and never really missed them. Of course, I wasn't a member on this forum, we were on a SUPER tight budget, and I wasn't sure cloth diapers were for me. So, it would have been natural. Plus, my babies are on the larger size.

This time around, I am planning on skipping the newborn stage, but I keep eyeing up newborn diapers. However, whenever I look at them on fsot, it always says, "used less than a month". I just can't bring myself to do it!

So, I am wondering, how many mamas skip out on newborn dipes and just deal with a little extra bulk???

Advertisement

lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many mamas skip newborn diapers?

I keep preemie prefolds on hand just in case but with my newest who was 8lb10oz at birth they never fit. We went right int small flats. So unless you are prone to small babies skipping newborn size is probably a good idea. If the LORD blesses us with more I may try xs sandies, cause they seem to fit a while.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #3
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

With my first three there was no such thing - we just folded over our regular old prefolds & dealt. With #5, she was almost 10 pds, and when I tried to snap a NB Swaddlebees velour fitted on her it wouldn't snap, so NB wasn't an option for her! LOL

NB diapers are definitely not necessary!
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

I plan to skip the newborn phase! Too little sleep to deal with trying different newborn diapers. I tried with my first son & lots my patience!
I plan to just go with my one size diapers. When they fit, I'll use them
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #5
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

No skipping nb dipes here. DD is 5 months and still wearing her nb stash. We're getting our money's wotth out of these things!
dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #6
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I liked orange edge gmd and ll prefolds. I liked the ease of them-- I was just learning cd and don't know if I would have stuck with it-- love bulk, yet not a fold-over fan. My son started at 7.7 lbs and gained a pound a week to 17 lbs and I still found them useful and then can repurpose. I think my LL were $1 a piece- new seconds.

I can see how you'd skip them though-- I have a soft spot for them as that's when I fell for CD. BG xs made me want to cry for hatred of soiled laundry... but these solved all my problems
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #7
ursaminor
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Granted, my DS was well into his first month when we started CDing, but we went straight for infant PFs and small Nikky covers. He was 8 LBs at birth and we could have probably gotten away with that from day 1. I will be making NB/small adjustable fitteds next time around. They should fit until we are ready for mediums. I cant justify making NB size diapers that wont fit over 9 lbs.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:19 AM   #8
One Acre Wonder Farm
Registered Users

We skipped nb. My babies are big (9.12, 9.14 & 10 lbs) so we go straight to one size and the bulk doesn't really bother me. If we have another we'll do the same thing.

We did have GMD oranges but I could only snappi them for about a week on baby #3. This time I have Boingos though, so I might get more use out of our nb prefolds
One Acre Wonder Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:26 AM   #9
luvcheer
Registered Users

My Mood:
We used nb prefolds and covers for a good couple months, though DD was less than 6 lbs at birth. DH loves to use the old prefolds as rags. Says they are the best lint free and absorbent cleaning rags in the world!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
luvcheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:46 AM   #10
anneraingirl
Registered Users

I am still getting a lot of use out of my NB stash with my 2 month old. I doing a lot of several kissaluv fitted diapers for $25 and paired them with a lot of covers I found for $25. I have plenty and don't have to deal with the extra bulk. Though now at 11 pounds they leak at night so I have switched to my BGEs for night.
anneraingirl is offline   Reply With Quote