Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #91
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

I am no where near ready. I still have 3 weeks and 3 days until delivery day, but there is a ton left to do around here. I mean, if baby came early, we have stuff to use for her...but I don't feel ready at all.

Advertisement

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #92
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph Ed View Post
Awww man! I missed it! I probably wouldn't have had the funds anyway. I'm pretty set for the newborn stage. I haven't spent a whole lot, maybe $200, but if I spend anymore I might as well had just use sposies!

Methodist G'town is super nice. My BFF was supposed to deliver, but ended up having a c-section there. The Women's Center is the fartherest I'm willing to go from home though. With my DS 9 years ago, the last time I gave birth, I almost didn't make it there in time!

I am trying to be extra thrifty with this baby. I finally convinced DH a couple of years ago to let me quit working for our 2 children and him and then we have this little surprise. He was so upset he cried for days! Lol! Of course, he is fine now, but I've never seen a man get so emotional. And not just a few manly tears, but full on boo-hooing! I've never seen anything like it! We are 32 & 33 and started out very young having children (we have an 11yo - 12 in July and an 8yo - 9 in April) so we were thinking we will be 'free' in about 10 years. He was just extremely overwhelmed at the thought of 'starting over'. So, to keep him from being extra stressed as the provider of the family, I've tried to be crafty and come up with ways to have a budget baby. That's why I decided to cloth diaper. I know NO ONE other than myself who does (well, I haven't officially started, but YKWIM) and everyone thinks I'm crazy!

The only thing I need is an XL wetbag for home and I'm set on getting a MFD bag. I do want a medium bag for outings as well and want to get them at the same time since there is free shipping if you spend $50. BUT, I've been waiting on her to get 2 strap XL Bags and now that she has some, I need to wait a few days : ) oh and I want a Moby or Ergo (sleepy) wrap. I'm so interested to try those for a newborn to see if I like wrapping. If I do, I'm totally going to splurge on an awesome, pretty one! yay! I can't wait for her to get here! There is so much I can't wait to try that will be new for me as a momma.....CDing, babywearing, making my own babyfood. I just HAVE to be mindful of what I spend along the way.
I am with you on the thrifty bit. I do love the Fuzzi Bunz hanging pails if you aren't set on what you are getting - we have no room for a diaper pail, so we use that o the bathroom door. You don't even have to dump it into the washer - just hold it over the open washer and unzip the bottom. I also like that there is no extra "pretty" fabric on the outside, so I hang it up with our PUL covers when I switch the diapers from the washer to the dryer, and it is dry by the time the dryer is finished its cycle. Try craigslist for your wrap - I LOVE the Moby for the early weeks/months.
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:03 AM   #93
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The multiple quote thing didn't work....oh well!

I had my GBS test 1/10 & it came back negative. I suppose that really doesn't matter nowadays. It's just one less thing to fool with : )

I have a ton of fabric I can sew up! I went through a fabric buying phase at one point like I just went through the yarn buying phase. So, I'm set on both. Plus, I hate the fabric store now for some weird reason. If I buy anymore, it's gonna be online. So NO MORE fabric or yarn for me til I put it to use

I really want a gypsy momma wrap, but I need to be frugal too until I know I'll like it. I should just go ahead and get one. That way, I'm just buying once. I'm going to go for the stretch, which should last me through the summer.

SOOOOOOO, last night I had some bloody show. I wouldn't classify it as the plug, but it was definitely bloody mucus. And I started getting some contractions that weren't the run-of-the-mill contractions. They were pressure-on-the-bottom kind. But then I had a restful nights sleep, so who knows

Now I'm debating on taking my knitting to the hospital, lol!

Last edited by Steph Ed; 01-22-2013 at 06:05 AM.
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #94
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

I am trying to go through the closet in the guest room and get rid of stuff we never need...it's so difficult to do when my husband isn't home... He is a mini hoarder at heart. He has all kinds of crap he never uses... Pocket knife key chains, battery powered clocks, and electrical cords are starting to haunt my dreams.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #95
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, my bathroom(the only bathroom) is in shambles! My DH is finishing remodeling it; yay!!; but I hope it gets done before baby comes. I'm so excited our bathroom is finally getting done though! Such a relief
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #96
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Glad everyone is doing well and hope everyone's projects go well also (wish I could sew or knit but alas I have not learned either, I think I am going to take up knitting ASAP though).

Oh and I really think you will love the Gypsy Mama Wrap (I have the stretch one) and especially if you can snag one off FSOT than it's a bit more reasonable price wise (that's what I did).

Despite the strong nesting yesterday no baby for me last night , but we have a visit with our midwife this afternoon so we will see what she thinks. The farthest I've gone was with DD which was 38weeks 1day and with DS it was 37weeks 6 days, I am 37weeks 2 days today so we will see what happens this time My guess day since really early on was this Friday morning, pretty soon we will see if I was right or not.

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #97
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husband is a mini hoarder too. He can fix ANYTHING, so he loves to get broken stuff with the intentions of fixing it or using it for parts. When I try to suggest we get rid of something that's been laying around a while....uh uh! No way! Good thing he has his own workshop and all, but it's startin to spill out onto the backyard. I'm afraid we are going to turn into *those* people, lol!
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #98
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph Ed View Post
My husband is a mini hoarder too. He can fix ANYTHING, so he loves to get broken stuff with the intentions of fixing it or using it for parts. When I try to suggest we get rid of something that's been laying around a while....uh uh! No way! Good thing he has his own workshop and all, but it's startin to spill out onto the backyard. I'm afraid we are going to turn into *those* people, lol!
We were "those" people, lol! My Dh does inventions and remodels homes so we had so many things around the house and in the backyard it was crazy. Luckily we discussed it and he went through and got rid of a lot. I can breathe better, lol!
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #99
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Our garage looks like a scene from hoarders dh buys so much stuff he never uses and won't get rid of anything! There are boxes of power tools that have never been opened that have been there for years!

I've got the inside ready for baby. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow went 38 weeks 3 days with ds. I'm so ready!! Although I wont go past 39 weeks so a week +1 day at most!!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #100
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

You can mail any unused power tools to me!!! I would love some more. I got a table saw, jig saw, and nail gun in Oct to build my son's furniture... It was fun.

At least my husband's clutter is stuff that goes in closets and not yards/garages