Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #131
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

Steph, my dr asked me if I was wanting to be induced as well, and I told him no, but that if I looked close I wouldn't mind a push. I just can only do this for so long. Thinking about four more weeks of this pain leaves me fighting depression.

I have my 36 week appointment this afternoon. Not expecting any new news.

Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #132
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph Ed View Post
Get some Emergen-C! Love that stuff!
I know me too! I've been taking it since DH got sick DS is sick but I'm still not feeling any symptoms so hoping I'm able to keep from getting it. I'm beginning to wonder if this little girl is holding out till all this sicknesses passes. If I have her when i had DS (37 weeks, 6 days) that would be tomorrow and if it's the same as DD (38 weeks, 1 day) that would be Monday.

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #133
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Tell 'Em View Post
I had my OB appointment today and it went really well. We just went over again plans for after baby is born (re: delaying cord clamping and placenta delivery... then afterward). I just gotta say I <3 my OB. Then I had my last pre-natal with my doula. I haven't had any checks by the OB but last time *I* checked I was around 3 cms so I'm assuming I'm probably the same, I'm mentally prepared for a February baby so I'm not consenting to checks (unless I go into labor before) until I'm 40 weeks (2 more weeks) Other than that, I put the bags for me and baby in the back of the car so that's one last thing we have to remember to do.

The only thing I'm hoping is whenever I do go into labor, I'm hoping that I will have washed DD#2's diapers that day or the day before. I'm the only one that does the diaper laundry (and I know hubby doesn't want to touch it and MIL would do it if needed, and I wrote directions since I have my wash routine) and if need be we have a big enough stash to last until I got home (if I was there a max of 24-48 hrs)... but I could totally see myself starting the wash and hoping that it finished before we had to leave... but I know that won't be the case. I'm thinking I might just have to be prepared to wash every other day, just in case.
That is awesome news!

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #134
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph Ed

Re: the cord...that reminds me, I need to talk to OB about this. Are you encapsulating? I've really been thinking about it!
I thought about it but I'm still not sure. I plan on having him cut me a piece after I see it all intact for a quick smoothie then it will have to go to pathology. Once I get it back 24-48 hrs I plan to cut/freeze some for 1-2 weeks of smoothies and either encapsulate or save the rest to plant. It all depends on how I'm feeling since I'm the one that will have to do it... But we don't have any of the supplies (except for the dehydrator).

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #135
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Tell 'Em View Post
I thought about it but I'm still not sure. I plan on having him cut me a piece after I see it all intact for a quick smoothie then it will have to go to pathology. Once I get it back 24-48 hrs I plan to cut/freeze some for 1-2 weeks of smoothies and either encapsulate or save the rest to plant. It all depends on how I'm feeling since I'm the one that will have to do it... But we don't have any of the supplies (except for the dehydrator).
We have the dehydrator too. Oh and the blender. Ill have to look up how to though. There is a store here that sells the capsules. Other than those, I'm not sure what ill need to do it.

I've been lucky with my past 2 babies. No PPD. But it could very well happen this time.
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #136
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy View Post
Steph, my dr asked me if I was wanting to be induced as well, and I told him no, but that if I looked close I wouldn't mind a push. I just can only do this for so long. Thinking about four more weeks of this pain leaves me fighting depression.

I have my 36 week appointment this afternoon. Not expecting any new news.
What pain are you having?
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #137
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My hips have pretty much given out completely. I've been in excruciating pain for a couple of months now, and it only gets worse. I also have a uterine prolapse that I'm sure is not helping my hips any. The hip issues are partially related to previous injury/nerve damage in my legs. But I was fine with my first, and then bad with my second, but just dying here with the third. I definitely won't be having any more babies. My body can't take it anymore.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #138
gghmommy
Registered Users

Just a little update on the horrible, no good, very bad cold and appt... The Dr got me started on some antibiotics Thurs AM and it's totally helping! I still feel like crap, but a little better and not worse. Last night I think I slept as much in one night as I have since last Saturday put together! I still had some bouts of crazy coughing and having to clear the phlegm and mucus, but was actually able to go to sleep again! Today I had my BPP/NST and OB appt. I talked way too much and my throats killing me now, as well as coughing is stil incredibly painful, but it was great to see that little baby inside doing well. The dr. said I measured more like 35 weeks than 37, so maybe this little bean has dropped, or maybe I just coughed stuff around in there, who knows? They say you can breathe a little better once the baby drops, but I really don't think in my condition I could tell. And by the way, I really do appreciate your encouragement and suggestions. Been doing the neti pot, that only lasts for a while, hot showers are nice until the water runs cold-and you get weak from the change in BP, I've tried salt water and GSE gargles for the throat - nothing. Robitussin and Elderberry syrups are laughing at my cough, though the dr did give me a Rx to try tonight!! These are the lovely things I've learned in the past week! So far I've been text book on measurements, but I did drop a couple pounds this week, again who knows? I'm only at 1cm and 30%, so that's good right now- I want to get better and sanitize the whole house before this bean comes! My mom still has my daughter, and I miss her terribly but there is no way I could handle her energy for a moment! Hubby has been a champ, doing dishes, laundry, fixing dinner... I mean it would take me all day to do one of those, but he's just great and I'm glad he's mine! Whew - I love this thread.
gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #139
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy View Post
My hips have pretty much given out completely. I've been in excruciating pain for a couple of months now, and it only gets worse. I also have a uterine prolapse that I'm sure is not helping my hips any. The hip issues are partially related to previous injury/nerve damage in my legs. But I was fine with my first, and then bad with my second, but just dying here with the third. I definitely won't be having any more babies. My body can't take it anymore.
hugs. My second was in my hips the whole time so my back and hips hurt a an ***load. I'm having a bit of hip pain again but am 4 cm dilated and get kicked from inside and outside at nights, as my toddler needs snuggle time... not sure how baby after irth will fare as sis toddler sits on him now... lol.

hang in there. after 2nd I know the feeling of not sure if we wanted more kids, but ended up pregnant for a 3rd but it has been a breeze....
Old 01-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #140
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unfortunately, this problem isn't something that could go away or be better...only worse with each pregnancy...plus I might have to have surgery for the prolapse sooner rather than later. So definitely our last planned pregnancy.