Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #151
jackobeano's Avatar
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,307
Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

I had contractions all day Saturday that started to get stronger in the evening. I had some during the night that were 3 1/2 min apart lasting over a min and pretty intense but than pittered out and here I am still pregnant. This now marks the furthest I've gotten in a pregnancy but just by a few hours so we'll see how much longer my body can hold out against all these contractions (I get bouts that are time-able for hours).

Advertisement

__________________
SAHM of Evonngelie (July '07), Mathias (July '10), and Aubryn (Feb '13)

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #152
You Tell 'Em's Avatar
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 8,619
Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackobeano View Post
I had contractions all day Saturday that started to get stronger in the evening. I had some during the night that were 3 1/2 min apart lasting over a min and pretty intense but than pittered out and here I am still pregnant. This now marks the furthest I've gotten in a pregnancy but just by a few hours so we'll see how much longer my body can hold out against all these contractions (I get bouts that are time-able for hours).
That sounds like it would get annoying and no fun.


I've just had random bouts of no-timing contractions and no pattern to them. I'm still feeling TONS of pressure, so I know baby is low already :P I just placed an Amazon order for some placenta encapsulation stuff so I'm a tad excited for Wednesday for them to come, even though I won't get to use them until after baby comes (and I get my placenta back from the hospital). Even though I've done a natural birth before, I'm anxious about getting to the hospital (and making the calls to the appropriate people in time since my last birth was a home birth). My photographer is the furthest away (little over an hour from where we live, and the hospital is 20-25 mins further from where we live. Luckily my doula lives pretty close to me and would probably get to the hospital at the same time as us, if not maybe a little bit before.
__________________

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #153
gghmommy
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC
Posts: 420
Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

Thanks for all the encouragement while I've been sick.. I am much better, though still not 100%. I'm so glad to be past 37 weeks now!! I want this baby to stay inside a little longer, but it's just such a relief to be this far. I don't know if it's because I'm feeling better or what but this child is dancing. I think he/she is just having too little room to really stretch out. My only current complaint is being tired and achy from my crazy coughing. I think I may have pulled a muscle in my back/ribs and the babe kicking the front and sides of my ribs isn't too pleasant either. So nice to feel the babe wiggling so much, though.
gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #154
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 14,411
My Mood:
Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

Sorry for pain to the one gal. I had & just kid sitting odd on my nerve. Right now I have a baby boy battle ram & its gettin uncomfy. He kicks front. My toddler at nights kinda massages back sometimes. Back pain gal try chiro. They do wonders.

We went to church & I slipped on ice this weekend slow enough I don't think anything big happened.. I peed m6y pants.... I felt so embarrassed but didn't want to risk going back to house & out again.

I'm so ready..... I. Just want my ob though.....

I'm also numb sometimes on my right side even if on left side... anyone else?
__________________
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks Bing it, fronto unlockscreen , Perk, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, amazon-my habit, slidejoy unlock screen

Last edited by abunchoflemons; 01-28-2013 at 05:53 PM. Reason: adding
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #155
Steph Ed's Avatar
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Memphis
Posts: 514
My Mood:
Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy View Post
Oh, how scary!! Did they tell you what they thought happened?

Nothing going on here, except that I didn't take my magnesium two nights in a row, thinking I should cut back on it since I'm so close to term. But I was having awful BH and leg cramping again, so I won't be skipping it again any time soon. I didn't realize how much good it was doing!
No, I guess they just figured it was normal for a 38 weeker after the ultrasound showed nothing unusual. They were going to test my 'fluid' to see if it was amniotic, but never did. I wasn't scared, I just thought it could be time.
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #156
Steph Ed's Avatar
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Memphis
Posts: 514
My Mood:
Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gghmommy View Post
Thanks for all the encouragement while I've been sick.. I am much better, though still not 100%. I'm so glad to be past 37 weeks now!! I want this baby to stay inside a little longer, but it's just such a relief to be this far. I don't know if it's because I'm feeling better or what but this child is dancing. I think he/she is just having too little room to really stretch out. My only current complaint is being tired and achy from my crazy coughing. I think I may have pulled a muscle in my back/ribs and the babe kicking the front and sides of my ribs isn't too pleasant either. So nice to feel the babe wiggling so much, though.
I'm so glad you are on the mend! Drink some water to help with the soreness. Ya know, you might even want to try electrolyte. I have a friend who drinks it when he is sick and says it helps him tremendously. I keep meaning to try it, but haven't yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Tell 'Em View Post
That sounds like it would get annoying and no fun.

I've just had random bouts of no-timing contractions and no pattern to them. I'm still feeling TONS of pressure, so I know baby is low already :P I just placed an Amazon order for some placenta encapsulation stuff so I'm a tad excited for Wednesday for them to come, even though I won't get to use them until after baby comes (and I get my placenta back from the hospital). Even though I've done a natural birth before, I'm anxious about getting to the hospital (and making the calls to the appropriate people in time since my last birth was a home birth). My photographer is the furthest away (little over an hour from where we live, and the hospital is 20-25 mins further from where we live. Luckily my doula lives pretty close to me and would probably get to the hospital at the same time as us, if not maybe a little bit before.
What supplies did you get? I asked DH if he would help me. Gauging his reactions, I think I'm on my own on this one, lol!
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #157
You Tell 'Em's Avatar
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 8,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph Ed
What supplies did you get? I asked DH if he would help me. Gauging his reactions, I think I'm on my own on this one, lol!
I got an encapsulation kit so I don't have to stuff by hand (seems like it'll cut down on time), empty capsules and a cheap coffee grinder. I already have a dehydrator. I gave hubby a heads up since I used his Prime Membership account so he knows what I plan to do know. Although he knows I already plan to have a piece before it gets sent to Pathology. I figure consuming a pill is less "gross" than frozen placenta smoothies (in regards to MIL and hubby being around when I do it) Now I'm just hoping she doesn't freak when it's steaming and then dehydrating.
__________________

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #158
The Fancy Pansy's Avatar
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Idaho
Posts: 10,502
My Mood:
Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

I had a freak out moment last night
I got up to go to the bathroom, and suddenly had this horrible pressure in my bum, the same as a really strong late labor contraction, but without my belly tightening.
It was so weird.
Then it gradually subsided and didn't happen again.
It must just have been the way the baby fell on something when I got up.
I was freaking out though thinking I'm not ready to have this baby at 4 am!!! I'm too tired!!! lol
__________________
Krista , wife to Bobby, mom to Rosie (5), and Ellie (3) and Olivia (1)
CLOSED FOR BABYMOON
The Fancy Pansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #159
Sarahknavy's Avatar
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
Posts: 1,301
Freaky!
__________________
Mom to Isaac born 5-24-11 and Leah 2-19-13
Sarahknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #160
mrsbesky's Avatar
mrsbesky
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hico, WV
Posts: 493
My Mood:
Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolson3 View Post
Anyone else having sciatic nerve pain? I'm about 38w4d. It usually kicks in later in the afternoon while I am up and walking and if I sit down for 10 minutes or so it goes away. This morning I got out of bed (late) and had the worst shooting pains down one of my legs in two places. I couldn't lay down again because dd needed to get to school in 15 minutes. Somehow I got her to school and while I was driving I coughed a few times and it triggered the nerve pain, which is a first for me because it is usually only when I walk. I've taken it easy the rest of the morning and took a warm bath, so it is finally gone. Anyone have any good stretches or can relate?
I had it BAD with my second pregnancy, and just every now and then with this one. Mine never let up with just sitting or laying tho, and I couldn't walk at all. What worked for me was finding the place in my bum that it hurt the most to push on. Then pushing on it and massaging it for about 30 sec. It hurts alot, but about 30 mins later all pain is gone and didn't come back for a few days. Dont know if it will work for you or not, but I hope it does.
__________________
"The Lord is good a stronghold in the day of trouble and He knoweth them that trust in him" Nahum 1:7 Married to a wonderful man and mom of 4 princess angels: A(9) and K(6) (TJ my angel with Jesus ) and C(1)
mrsbesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.